How are XML editers not banned yet?

Lovey

10 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Yes, but definitely they have advantage over others who didn't cheat. XML doesn't make your ping go lower, it just makes your skills cooldown faster so you can spam the skills without any delays. In the end, it compensates with the delays from your high ping. However, low ping players will have high advantages as they can do much faster attacks than other players who didn't cheat, but have same ping.

Player A (without cheat): 50ms

Player B (with cheat): 50ms

Player C (with cheat): 300ms 

Player C can attack at the same speed as player A.

Player B can attack 6x faster than player C.

Player B can attack 6X faster than player A.

You see the problem here? The low ping players can use it to gain advantage over other players.

In the end, I still think all players should not edit any game files or else it should be considered "hacking". If you have high ping, just try all other ping killers. If none works for you, then it is sorry to say that this game is not for you. 

Actually you're still not understanding because it doesn't affect skill cooldowns at all, the only thing it does is make the game think you have low ping even though it doesn't change your ping which allows you to attack without ping affecting the speed of your attacks. I have been known about xml editor for over a year now so I didn't need an explanation. Personally I don't use it since I have no problems with my ping and won't risk anything happening to my account.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/29/2017 at 5:22 PM, FrozenB said:

How about just ban all of these macros, editors, or watever programs they use along with this game?

Then... there wont be more players to play this game and that affects the company income since most of the players here are using something to make the gaming experience a little more comfortable  /giggle tunneling software (wtfast, pingzaper, pingkillet, etc), xml editors, macros (you can set your macros in your razor mouse or keyboard btw and that brand is supported by this company). You cant blame all the people for trying to have a better gaming experience instead the people that needs to be punished are those who are abusing of errors in game or using real hacking software that affects the servers stability. 

Since when have any of you become a defender of NCSoft user agreement or terms of service? LOL. How noble of you to defend such an important piece of history and humanity.

I'm pretty sure some of you don't even know what it does and are just jumping on the bandwagon spilling your salt out of jealousy.

Go on test it out for yourself and see how responsive your skills become in pvp. 

It would be impossible for NC to ban people for using a XML Editor. It would be like banning people for using Paint or Paint.net. The post I read on the forum, yesterday, basically showed people how to edit their own XML file.

I think if NC is concerned this is a game breaking issue, a better approach would be to make the XML file non editable, possibly even go as far as encrypting or changing the file so it so the only program that can read the file is the game. 

It seems to me the bot traffic has dramatically dropped off. I dont get spammed when I go to a populated zone. What ever BnS is doing its working.

18 hours ago, Yndril said:

If this was regulated by the devs, there would never have been a reason for the high ping players to try to find a solution on their own.

bots will not been around if this game provided auto play. is this good reason to use bots?

2 hours ago, DoubleDees said:

Since when have any of you become a defender of NCSoft user agreement or terms of service? LOL. How noble of you to defend such an important piece of history and humanity.

I'm pretty sure some of you don't even know what it does and are just jumping on the bandwagon spilling your salt out of jealousy.

Go on test it out for yourself and see how responsive your skills become in pvp. 

Maybe I've missed or did not read carefully of few posts but I don't see anyone defending developer or its providers.

Only thing people are trying to defend is the game we play and its community. at least the community of legit players.

My blame goes to NC for letting this happen at the first place and still haven't came up with a solution. only reason this topic is dragging is because some people are saying xml file editing is a solution and is not hacking. 

18 minutes ago, hwalien said:

bots will not been around if this game provided auto play. is this good reason to use bots?

Maybe I've missed or did not read carefully of few posts but I don't see anyone defending developer or its providers.

Only thing people are trying to defend is the game we play and its community. at least the community of legit players.

My blame goes to NC for letting this happen at the first place and still haven't came up with a solution. only reason this topic is dragging is because some people are saying xml file editing is a solution and is not hacking. 

Now you make a comparison to another situation that clearly only have one answer. Pointless to even reply on that.

Everyone want them to fix it. No one want xml editing to be a solution. But the ones dragging it on is the people that fail to see WHY some people would USE (not ABUSE) it until the devs fix a legit option.

On 5/30/2017 at 1:17 PM, Yndril said:

So... you say that anyone that use the XML-editing for any reason whatsoever should get banned, even if the editing does not impact anyone else at all? Not everyone use it to get an unfair advantage, most use it only to get damage meter in normal dungeons and on field bosses. Sure, the guy with the damage meter might look at others DPS, but most people does not care about others DPS, only their own. It's good to see what you can do to improve your rotation, it's also not good since it allows the elitists to be cranky with others DPS...

What you're essentially suggesting is dropping an atom-bomb on a whole city because the crime rate is extremely high, but only a couple of them are serious crimes, most of them are just petty thefts like stealing bread or looking through someones window with a telescope. Crimes, yes, but would you obliterate a whole city along with innocents because of it?

I meant the speedhacking. Wasn't even aware you can enable dps meters or whatnot. 

55 minutes ago, Yndril said:

Everyone want them to fix it. No one want xml editing to be a solution. But the ones dragging it on is the people that fail to see WHY some people would USE (not ABUSE) it until the devs fix a legit option.

The real issue really comes to editing the player side file, if it was against the terms of use contract the XML file would not be editable?  However the ToS states anyone using exploits for purposeful gain is against the ToS. A purposeful gain would be a dps increase. Logic suggests, you edit the XmL file at risk of being banned. 

I have hundreds possibly thousand of hours vested in my game.. Im not simply going to risk it all because I can pull 20-30k more dps.. It basically falls back to the Devs, to be able to detect if someone has edited their XmL file beyond the game normal's, make it so the XML file cant be edited or some other solution, such as allowing players to edit this XmL file.. or implement a solution like World of Warcraft has done.. possibly its as simple as placing a auto-reset so that resetting the XmL file to its original format every time the launcher starts the game.

I suspect however since this.. issue does not bring revenue into the system, it will be back burnered, and basically left to the community to complain about..

1 hour ago, Fieryfly said:

make it so the XML file cant be edited

i haven't tried myself but I'm 99% sure that BnS XML file is not something you can open by simply double click or right click open. most xml files, you'll need 3rd party program to even open one and it also needs to be translated so people can read. so basically unless you get 3rd party program to hack into it, its something that you wouldn't have access to.

• 5 months later...

Blade & Soul User Agreement is clear: YOU MAY NOT MODIFY ANY PART OF THE BLADE & SOUL CLIENT, SERVER, OR ANY PART OF THE OFFICIAL BLADE & SOUL WEBSITE.

XML edit third way programs (especially BNS Buddy) is ILLEGAL.Its modifyin cilent and abusin the game functions and this is illegal advantage to user than others.I saw ppl getting even outfits with this programs at youtube.

I demand from NCSoft find a solution to this illegal programs.They can add something to cilent detect this programs when cilent is start to run or something else.

On the otherway there is no such a excuse ppl sayin first of all NCSoft fix the servers then ppl no need to use these programs or if NCSoft ban this players they will lose many players bla bla bla.

If NCSoft ban the xml users the game is become much more less with hacker players and fair for all.Hack is hack admit it...And change the cilent orders is hack.

As the last patches made the skill response to be server side ,I see no reason for one to edit the files and to be able to gain any advantage with this.Probably some are doing it for dps meter or so,yet as skill wise I think people now can't really get a major advantage as before.Or maybe..i'm just naive and don't know what's going on.

3 hours ago, thieve said:

Blade & Soul User Agreement is clear: YOU MAY NOT MODIFY ANY PART OF THE BLADE & SOUL CLIENT, SERVER, OR ANY PART OF THE OFFICIAL BLADE & SOUL WEBSITE.

XML edit third way programs (especially BNS Buddy) is ILLEGAL.Its modifyin cilent and abusin the game functions and this is illegal advantage to user than others.I saw ppl getting even outfits with this programs at youtube.

I demand from NCSoft find a solution to this illegal programs.They can add something to cilent detect this programs when cilent is start to run or something else.

On the otherway there is no such a excuse ppl sayin first of all NCSoft fix the servers then ppl no need to use these programs or if NCSoft ban this players they will lose many players bla bla bla.

If NCSoft ban the xml users the game is become much more less with hacker players and fair for all.Hack is hack admit it...And change the cilent orders is hack.

fhqMeje.png
The response from the BnS Buddy creator when I showed him your comment, not to be rude, but he has a point. You might want to research something before you start talking about it..
Also, no, I don't use BnS Buddy myself, but I actually read into things before I make false comments (^:

bnsbuddy doesn't help anyway, game still crashes at any point, hell I could start up my game is the moment I hit enter it will crash, doesn't fix server lag connection or anything like that because its all on nc themselves not side programs. The only good thing with the program is uh.................

Hm....you know I don't even know...fast logins I guess......

8 hours ago, Windy said:

As the last patches made the skill response to be server side ,I see no reason for one to edit the files and to be able to gain any advantage with this.Probably some are doing it for dps meter or so,yet as skill wise I think people now can't really get a major advantage as before.Or maybe..i'm just naive and don't know what's going on.

Last time i check XML have a option that you can change on or off and if you put off you can put the value manually

2 hours ago, Fufia said:

Last time i check XML have a option that you can change on or off and if you put off you can put the value manually

XML edit does not work anymore. According to clan members and others that used it, NC completely removed the coding with the gunner patch I believe so there is no way to manually go in and edit it anymore.

this thread needs to be deleted or closed for the high amount of ignorance in it LUL

not saying i do, but i know some people use these things to get better fps/faster load times. sorry not all of us can afford a high-end computer like you m8

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, BlueChick said:

Too bad than any GM didn't come here and exaplained it to noobs that you can not cheat by making any changes to XML file. It would stop all stupid talks.

All skills cooldowns are server side and you can not change them by editing any client files.

Why do you reply to a thread that's over a year old?

Archived