How are XML editers not banned yet?

Lovey

10 hours ago, Deicidium said:

As for the XML thing - yeah... Everyone using it just should get flat out banned. There is no justification for it, no matter what they keep telling themselves. Modifying your game client to get an unintended speed advantage is speedhacking. 

So... you say that anyone that use the XML-editing for any reason whatsoever should get banned, even if the editing does not impact anyone else at all? Not everyone use it to get an unfair advantage, most use it only to get damage meter in normal dungeons and on field bosses. Sure, the guy with the damage meter might look at others DPS, but most people does not care about others DPS, only their own. It's good to see what you can do to improve your rotation, it's also not good since it allows the elitists to be cranky with others DPS...

What you're essentially suggesting is dropping an atom-bomb on a whole city because the crime rate is extremely high, but only a couple of them are serious crimes, most of them are just petty thefts like stealing bread or looking through someones window with a telescope. Crimes, yes, but would you obliterate a whole city along with innocents because of it?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, GenericNick said:

This post alone contains so many fallacies that I actually didn't know where to anchor as for creating an argument against it (as much as I wanted to).

Instead, I'll just say this in the general subject:

You guys are vastly overestimating the amount of people that use those edits (or macros for that matter). It is a really small percentage of the overall playerbase. They remain unbanned not because NCwest actually fears the loss of that piece of their revenue. I think the issue lies within their capability to pinpoint bannable offenses - collateral damage is something they truly dread.

Lol, they are spot on actually, there are big name streamers who actively win-trade on stream and dont get banned, NC cares more about their bottom-line than anything. If you whale hard enough, you can do whatever you want (within reason). trying to get good performance is very usually worth the risk because purely performance based changes (lag, fps, that kind of thing) are almost never activily targeted in banwaves. Most of the people I see whining about people seeking to better their performance are people who flat-out refuse to try it (for their personal reason which I wont judge of course), but attacking people who DO seek to get better performance is pretty sad imho

15 hours ago, Kaida Hoshi said:

So because I live in Australia I am not allowed to play with you, real good reasoning...

Well..you can play, but with high ping. There is a reason why it is called NA/US B&S, not AU B&S.

If I play a game located in Asia, I wouldn't expect my ping to be low as well.

I'm not sure if NC will go far as closing down all servers due to low population after banning all hackers nor do i think that there are so many where game will be empty. however, i would rather see server closing then to deal with all the hackers.

if this game shuts down due to stuff like this, its too bad. but at least I will play NC game again knowing that they will do what ever it takes to keep their game legit rather then only think of profit.

and if NC will never open another server in NA or EU for any of its games due to the fact that we can't play without cheating, well then maybe we don't deserve one.

8 minutes ago, hwalien said:

I'm not sure if NC will go far as closing down all servers due to low population after banning all hackers nor do i think that there are so many where game will be empty. however, i would rather see server closing then to deal with all the hackers.

if this game shuts down due to stuff like this, its too bad. but at least I will play NC game again knowing that they will do what ever it takes to keep their game legit rather then only think of profit.

and if NC will never open another server in NA or EU for any of its games due to the fact that we can't play without cheating, well then maybe we don't deserve one.

Maybe you should do your research on what editing the xml does before calling it hacking that way you don't sound ignorant. Better solution- How about telling nc to fix their crappy servers before talking about banning players for wanting to enjoy the game without high ping then players won't have to edit the xml.

37 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Well..you can play, but with high ping. There is a reason why it is called NA/US B&S, not AU B&S.

If I play a game located in Asia, I wouldn't expect my ping to be low as well.

It doesn't matter where you live, BNS is just badly optimized for NA/EU and they most likely won't be banning anyone for editing the xml since they figure the job is already being done for them and that's less complaints for them about high ping.

what would you like to be called than? an editor? your hacking into files that your not supposed to. 

I play with 200 ~ 300 ping but that's my problem. Unless everyone is allowed or game adjust to my latency, it cheating. plan simple.

13 minutes ago, Shanetheillest said:

It doesn't matter where you live, BNS is just badly optimized for NA/EU and they most likely won't be banning anyone for editing the xml since they figure the job is already being done for them and that's less complaints for them about high ping.

It does matter. I know a player living right at texas and her ping is at 50-60ms most of the time without using other external programs to reduce her ping. I live further away (still in NA) and my ping is around 100-140ms. So, I don't know what are you talking about. Of course everyone wants as low ping as possible, but it is more about luck where they put their server. I haven't seen a player having over 200ms (unless they have crappy internet speed like mobile internet or stealing wifi in a cafe or something) if they live in NA.

I wouldn't comment on EU server because I don't play in there.

16 minutes ago, hwalien said:

what would you like to be called than? an editor? your hacking into files that your not supposed to. 

I play with 200 ~ 300 ping but that's my problem. Unless everyone is allowed or game adjust to my latency, it cheating. plan simple.

It is pointless to convince them to not using these tools. Do the professional hackers out there ever think what they are doing is wrong? The answer is "No". They just think they are the smarter people. Also, they think other people who don't know how to use these tools are stupid.

13 minutes ago, hwalien said:

So bridging the gap between low and high ping players when the developers are to lazy to do so themselves are cheating?

13 minutes ago, Yndril said:

So bridging the gap between low and high ping players when the developers are to lazy to do so themselves are cheating?

It is just exactly what hackers are thinking: "It is the developers problem that there is no auto-attacks function in this game. Okay, I will just use external software to do macro-ing. Then I can keep on farming and selling golds while I am off to work or whatever."

By the way, every player has different definition of high and low ping. Some people think 300ms is high ping while other people think 100 ms is high ping. People will keep on using these tools even though they only have 50 ms or lower (without using these tools).

28 minutes ago, hwalien said:

Good that's your problem then but not the case with everybody else lmao if you want to play that way then that's fine, but don't get upset because someone else with high ping choose not to. Your problem is that you don't understand what hacking is nor that global latency is something that nc should have already set so that high ping players can play the game with the same attack speed as low ping. Almost every game has this set so problems like this wouldn't exist. Hacking would be if it gave no cool down on skills, infinite healing, etc. hopefully that helped you understand the difference.

9 minutes ago, Shanetheillest said:

Good that's your problem then but not the case with everybody else lmao if you want to play that way then that's fine, but don't get upset because someone else with high ping choose not to. Your problem is that you don't understand what hacking is nor that global latency is something that nc should have already set so that high ping players can play the game with the same attack speed as low ping. Almost every game has this set so problems like this wouldn't exist. Hacking would be if it gave no cool down on skills, infinite healing, etc. hopefully that helped you understand the difference.

Since you don't like NCsoft so much, why would you keep playing this company's games?

It is just like you keep on buying certain food in the same supermarket and found it to be rotten or expired; but in fact, there are alot of different foods and supermarkets out there for you to choose.

25 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

It does matter. I know a player living right at texas and her ping is at 50-60ms most of the time without using other external programs to reduce her ping. I live further away (still in NA) and my ping is around 100-140ms. So, I don't know what are you talking about. Of course everyone wants as low ping as possible, but it is more about luck where they put their server. I haven't seen a player having over 200ms (unless they have crappy internet speed like mobile internet or stealing wifi in a cafe or something) if they live in NA.

I wouldn't comment on EU server because I don't play in there.

Yea and that's pretty bad if you're living in NA with that ping lol but whatever dude.

11 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Since you don't like NCsoft so much, why would you keep playing this company's games?

It is just like you keep on buying certain food in the same supermarket and found it to be rotten or expired; but in fact, there are alot of different foods and supermarkets out there for you to choose.

I never said anything about not liking nc lol don't know what ur reading, I said to fix their servers. I don't even have high ping but have friends that suffer from it only in bns. I'm just not selfish enough to want to ban people for wanting to play with low ping like other people.

3 minutes ago, Shanetheillest said:

I never said anything about not liking nc lol don't know what ur reading, I said to fix their servers. I don't even have high ping but have friends that suffer from it only in bns. I'm just not selfish enough to want to ban people for wanting to play with low ping like other people.

If your friends live near you and they have high ping while you have low ping, certainly their internet provider has problems. 

Also, it has nothing to do with selfishness. It has to do with being legit or not, so that everyone is playing without any advantages (ping issue is based on individual player's issue, some has low ping, some has high ping. That's the life.) It is just like some people are born in a rich family while other people are born in a poor family. Does it mean that the poor people can rob a bank and become rich without getting any punishment?

4 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

If your friends live near you and they have high ping while you have low ping, certainly their internet provider has problems. 

Also, it has nothing to do with selfishness. It has to do with being legit or not, so that everyone is playing without any advantages (ping issue is based on individual player's issue, some has low ping, some has high ping. That's the life.) It is just like some people are born in a rich family while other people are born in a poor family. Does it mean that the poor people can rob a bank and become rich without getting any punishment?

So if there was a way for me (living in Aus) to play on a level playing field with you that that is unfair to you in some way? In case you hadnt noticed, the versions of BnS that are closer to me arent exactly english speaking. Sure, TW has an english speaking population, but they are the minority, same with JP, I dont know KR but I imagine its the same. As some other people have stated, this global latency cooldown modifier doesnt give people an unfair advantage, it levels the playing field, and if you, who is talking about things being fair for everyone is unwilling to accept that, you are a hypocrite, plain and simple. The fact of the matter is, this setting should exist in the client settings, so that we can change it to a value that works for our individual ping, perhaps if you stopped looking at this through rose-tinted glasses you might realise that

20 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

It is just exactly what hackers are thinking: "It is the developers problem that there is no auto-attacks function in this game. Okay, I will just use external software to do macro-ing. Then I can keep on farming and selling golds while I am off to work or whatever."

By the way, every player has different definition of high and low ping. Some people think 300ms is high ping while other people think 100 ms is high ping. People will keep on using these tools even though they only have 50 ms or lower (without using these tools).

You compare bots to macros to ping? Anyone that is botting is thinking one thing "I want more money but I don't want to 'work' for it". Most players using macros is one of two types. Type A: "I'm too lazy to press multiple buttons or I simply can't because reasons". Or type B: "my wrist hurts and if I keep this up, I'm going to injure my hand, but I still want to keep playing because I like/am addicted to this game". Arguably, both types can be in the wrong or right. I personally think they shouldn't play if it causes injuries to themselves, but If they have a mental or physical illness that prevent them from executing the rotation properly, I don't think they should be punished for it.

Regarding ping, just take dragontongue for example, someone with decent ping can get 7-9 dragontongues after lunar slash, someone with high ping might get 4-5. it might not sound like much, but it's almost 100% increase for someone with decent ping, low ping isn't going to improve it by much if at all (in several cases, it may become worse because you have too LOW ping). FPS also plays a part, and no matter how good your computer is, that remains a problem for the entire playerbase because the developers have done a poor job at optimizing this otherwise great game (though I also put a great deal of the blame on the engine). Aligning the ping in XML isn't going to improve that beyond 9 dragontongues because of the slow animation and it can't be canceled. Something like that could be abused for heartstab though, but that would require an already low ping which is basically impossible in this game..

Bottomline to this is that, yes, you are breaking the rules if you use any of these, but you are unfair and self-centered if you think that the ping should affect you to this extent. Play pretty much any other game, and you will notice that they have gone to lengths to either improve the ping for players, or compensate for high ping (action queuing for example).

They need to do two things, invalidate that xml setting and adjust that at run-time so it adjust itself to your current ping. That way, the gaming experience will be much smoother, even with this setting changed to closer resemble your ping, the ping is never constant, so your gaming experience will also vary greatly if your ping is too low or high at the moment. They already have the ping checker, it shouldn't be that hard for them take that value and update the setting every now and then.

11 minutes ago, GenericNick said:

This is pointless. Invalid arguments on the "but I have high ping" hype train. Total disregard for the fact that this cheat creates obvious advantage for people using it over others. Pathetic.

Shows how much you know...

I'm no expert but from what I know, by editing XML you can basically modify not only global latency but cool down of all skills and value or element of tools in the game. and it should be obvious that modifying XML is prohibited by NC and is punishable. its not something you have to guess.

If you modified XML file, you did that at your own risk. no one force you to but those who didn't take the risk is simply saying that band should be in effect.

I understand some of you only modified this only to play equivalent with ppl with low ping. but that does not justify your actions since you still did this at your own risk.

edit : 

okay so I have mix feelings about this. 

I do think that those who modified XML should be band but yet I don't want everyone to be band at the same time.

I would rather see those ppl who mad minor adjustment(like those people who didn't wanted to cheat but some what play at  same level with those who have low ping) should just get slap on their hand and get by and those who abused it to have advantage over other should be band.

I don't know... now I'm thinking too much.

27 minutes ago, Yndril said:

Shows how much you know...

It's been proven that in the vicinity of 100ingame/40real ping (which is not high by any means) certain classes can fit in more certain attacks in a given timeframe by using that. There are multiple videos showcasing it. You should do your research.

It is a cheat.

It is creating advantage for people using it.

It creates real, tangible loss for legitimate players in both gaming experience and monetary value.

I guarantee you that the vast majority of people defending it here or in other communities don't give a damn about Australian players.

4 minutes ago, hwalien said:

I'm no expert but from what I know, by editing XML you can basically modify not only global latency but cool down of all skills and value or element of tools in the game. and it should be obvious that modifying XML is prohibited by NC and is punishable. its not something you have to guess.

If you modified XML file, you did that at your own risk. no one force you to but those who didn't take the risk is simply saying that band should be in effect.

I understand some of you only modified this only to play equivalent with ppl with low ping. but that does not justify your actions since you still did this at your own risk.

Why would you even have to guess? It is clearly stated that any changing to the game client can result in a temporary or permanent ban. I don't think you can change the cooldowns of skills... but I'm not sure, and the fact that they even have cool latency in an xml file is ridiculous anyway. But can you really argue that this shouldn't already be handled run-time by client-server? If they do that, any arguments here will be rendered pointless and everyone, low or high ping, would have a similar experience, Why are people so insistent on "high ping is your problem", you shouldn't have to move to another state/country to play a game...

10 minutes ago, GenericNick said:

It's been proven that in the vicinity of 100ingame/40real ping (which is not high by any means) certain classes can fit in more certain attacks in a given timeframe by using that. There are multiple videos showcasing it. You should do your research.

It is a cheat.

It is creating advantage for people using it.

It creates real, tangible loss for legitimate players in both gaming experience and monetary value.

THIS SETTTING SHOULD NOT EVEN EXIST. end of discussion.

Why are people just now complaining about this? Editing the xml is not something new xD its been out for years now. I guess people will use it as a new excuse for losing in arena now.

Archived