Forums

How are XML editers not banned yet?

Lovey

Alright, I've stuck with BnS through and through. The bots, the speedhackers, GameGuard, all of it. But I swear I am at my wits end with the Xigncode3 crap and these xml editors who seriously all need to be banned. This is essentially a "legal" speedhack and I am tired of going in arena against people who just spam the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ out of their skills to win. Honestly, this game has turned into something so disappointing because of NCSoft. This game was handed to you on a silver platter, all you had to do was make sure that the marketing was done correctly and make sure that no one could exploit the game, and look at how that turned out. A vast majority of people left BnS due to Game Guard and the bots/speedhackers. I understand that the xml edit may be slightly out of NCSoft's area of expertise, but the amount of people who are doing this-- ON STREAM EVEN is too much. And did you not even LISTEN to your community regarding GG? Honestly, you guys are going to run this wonderful game into the ground.

I sincerely hope some other company buys out Blade and Soul and takes better care of it, because NCSoft is doing a terrible job. AeriaGames is doing better than ya'll. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Lovey said:

Alright, I've stuck with BnS through and through. The bots, the speedhackers, GameGuard, all of it. But I swear I am at my wits end with the Xigncode3 crap and these xml editors who seriously all need to be banned. This is essentially a "legal" speedhack and I am tired of going in arena against people who just spam the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ out of their skills to win. Honestly, this game has turned into something so disappointing because of NCSoft. This game was handed to you on a silver platter, all you had to do was make sure that the marketing was done correctly and make sure that no one could exploit the game, and look at how that turned out. A vast majority of people left BnS due to Game Guard and the bots/speedhackers. I understand that the xml edit may be slightly out of NCSoft's area of expertise, but the amount of people who are doing this-- ON STREAM EVEN is too much. And did you not even LISTEN to your community regarding GG? Honestly, you guys are going to run this wonderful game into the ground.

I sincerely hope some other company buys out Blade and Soul and takes better care of it, because NCSoft is doing a terrible job. AeriaGames is doing better than ya'll. 

just because xingcode is in monitoring mode does not mean a ban wave wont be coming in the next weeks when they start looking at the data....

edit: i think xingcode is just not enforcing a game close but is still collecting data and sending  it (not that i have checked if it is using the network but would be the best way to do it....)

29 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

just because xingcode is in monitoring mode does not mean a ban wave wont be coming in the next weeks when they start looking at the data....

edit: i think xingcode is just not enforcing a game close but is still collecting data and sending  it (not that i have checked if it is using the network but would be the best way to do it....)

NCsoft never ban anyone unless there are definite proof of hacking in game like video captured by numerous people. Even we can't post any photo of afkers or hackers with their names on the website. That's why there are a lot of afkers because we can't do anything about them. Name posting them on forum = we got ourself banned. Sending ticket to GM with proof = nothing happen = waste time. Quit the dungeon and run again = waste of our legit player time.

maybe because its undetectable or too many players using it for all kind of reasons.

also from what i know you cant abuse the xml edit but only get attack speed of low ping player.

maybe what you saw was a hack and you shall record him and send a ticket,then they will check his account and if he really hacks he will get banned.

or if someone link you dps meter in 6 man (normal) you can take a screenshot and report him but i dont think they will do anything about it.

1 hour ago, AlanWake said:

maybe because its undetectable or too many players using it for all kind of reasons.

also from what i know you cant abuse the xml edit but only get attack speed of low ping player.

maybe what you saw was a hack and you shall record him and send a ticket,then they will check his account and if he really hacks he will get banned.

or if someone link you dps meter in 6 man (normal) you can take a screenshot and report him but i dont think they will do anything about it.

There was a time that a Warlock in 6m Foundry was using macro script. How do I know it? It is because he pressed "enter" by mistake so that it goes into message mode and he posted a macro attacking script something like this "xf1232xf2123xf2123................" in the chat. Rest of the party members were laughing out loud when we saw it, but guess what...he is still running around free even we reported it.

I am not sure if something like this macro in PVE will get someone banned or not.

I don't think xml Edit will ever be banned. 

(I guess) There are tons of players out there editing the xml data as a solution for their high ms. If they start banning people editing their .xml they will lose a huge amount of their playerbase. 

"BnS buddy" (as I know) edits the .xml data and really helps many people to increase their ingame performance and in some cases the game wouldn't even be playable for them without this editing. 

Before they think about banning such things, NCSoft should get their servers right and optimize the game in general so more people can play properly without using any kind of tool to fix their FPS/Ping. 

17 minutes ago, Fesselspielchen said:

I don't think xml Edit will ever be banned. 

There are tons of players out there editing the xml data as a solution for their high ms. If they start banning people editing their .xml they will lose a huge amount of their playerbase. 

I just throw "BnS Buddy" in room, which (as I know) edits the .xml data and it really helps many people to increase their ingame performance and in some cases the game wouldn't even be playable for them without this editing. 

Before they think about banning such things, NCSoft should get their servers right and optimize the game in general so more people can play properly without using any kind of tool to fix their FPS/Ping. 

Even after they fix their server, people will find another excuses to use these tools to further enhance their gaming performance. There's no end to it. Some people claim that it is unplayable with 160ms, but that's my usual ping in the game since I start to play this game. They will never stop using these tools until they reach 0 ms.

Just now, ClairFarron said:

Marcos are fine in pve.  Most people who play bns use them. But in pvp it is a problem and can get u banned.

That's NCsoft problem. These marcos shouldn't be even allowed in the first place. If people are that lazy to press the buttons to play game, they should just lie on bed and be handicap and let people feed them food and change their diaper everyday.

"There was a time that a Warlock in 6m Foundry was using macro script. How do I know it? It is because he pressed "enter" by mistake so that it goes into message mode and he posted a macro attacking script something like this "xf1232xf2123xf2123................" in the chat. Rest of the party members were laughing out loud when we saw it, but guess what...he is still running around free even we reported it.

I am not sure if something like this macro in PVE will get someone banned or not."

lol... that's a big "oops", haha.

i dont know how it works,but maybe they checked his account and saw he's 99% pve player so....

but if he will be caught insulting people,shaming and ect his chance to get a ban will be higher because he's ALSO use macros,maybe.

4 minutes ago, Fesselspielchen said:

Yea sure, there will always be people searching for them 400FPS, but right now there are some people searching for 30 FPS (and/or less delay) and they realy need this tool to play the game properly.

I think right now editing the .xml data for more FPS/better "ping" is an excuse, if this game would be optimized and the servers would work better we could talk about a rule against those kind of things since it shouldn't be necessary to have a "good" game performance, but that isn't the case right now. 

It is hard to say. People can use potato computer and post their "so called" low fps, but claim that they have "super" computer. In reality, whether they are using "super" computer as they claimed to be, no one will ever know.

13 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Even after they fix their server, people will find another excuses to use these tools to further enhance their gaming performance. There's no end to it.

Yea sure, there will always be people searching for them 400FPS, but right now there are some people searching for 30 FPS (and/or less delay) and they realy need this tool to play the game properly.

I think right now editing the .xml data for more FPS/better "ping" is an excuse, if this game would be optimized and the servers would work better we could talk about a rule against those kind of things since it shouldn't be necessary to have a "good" game performance, but that isn't the case right now. 

so again,if you see someone in pvp with abnormal attack speed like REALLY way to fast just report him.

i think too they wont auto ban every xml editor or whatever,they are too many/most of them dont abuse it. we need to report the bad ones who's abusing it.

How about just ban all of these macros, editors, or watever programs they use along with this game? It can seriously reduce their time to investigate each case reported as hacking or cheating in game. They can use the time to make the game better by fixing errors, bugs, etc. Lately, there are more and more bugs coming out with each new event/patch.

If you have very high ping without using them, it means you live too far away or have a bad route. Living too far means that this game is not for you. It is ideal for you to join a server closer to your location. If you have bad route, you can change your internet provider. There is no way for a game to make every single player happy.

For the people with low FPS, it just means you have potato computer. If you have high end computer and still have low FPS, there must be something wrong with your computer as many people such as myself can play this game without problem and without high end computer.

16 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

How about just ban all of these macros, editors, or watever programs they use along with this game? It can seriously reduce their time to investigate each case reported as hacking or cheating in game. They can use the time to make the game better by fixing errors, bugs, etc. Lately, there are more and more bugs coming out with each new event/patc

i think than the game will be quite empty,lol....

some people edit xml to just have further zoom out,they will get banned to. (i know few in my clan who does)

but ban for 7 days with a warning could do the trick if its possible to detect xml editing. but iam quite sure its not.

Wait what? You claim people left because of GameGuard, and then later that they didn't listen to people complaining about GameGuard. First of all, I don't know of a single person who would've quit the game because of GG, and second, them listening to the whining is exactly why we now have this Xigncode crap which is 10x worse. Thanks a lot. 

As for the XML thing - yeah... Everyone using it just should get flat out banned. There is no justification for it, no matter what they keep telling themselves. Modifying your game client to get an unintended speed advantage is speedhacking. 

3 hours ago, AlanWake said:

so again,if you see someone in pvp with abnormal attack speed like REALLY way to fast just report him.

i think too they wont auto ban every xml editor or whatever,they are too many/most of them dont abuse it. we need to report the bad ones who's abusing it.

I thought I just really sucked at PvP lol. I still do but I thought that the speed was my lack of skill in response to the player. It seems it might actually be hax? :x

2 hours ago, FrozenB said:

How about just ban all of these macros, editors, or watever programs they use along with this game? It can seriously reduce their time to investigate each case reported as hacking or cheating in game. They can use the time to make the game better by fixing errors, bugs, etc. Lately, there are more and more bugs coming out with each new event/patch.

If you have very high ping without using them, it means you live too far away or have a bad route. Living too far means that this game is not for you. It is ideal for you to join a server closer to your location. If you have bad route, you can change your internet provider. There is no way for a game to make every single player happy.

For the people with low FPS, it just means you have potato computer. If you have high end computer and still have low FPS, there must be something wrong with your computer as many people such as myself can play this game without problem and without high end computer.

So because I live in Australia I am not allowed to play with you, real good reasoning...

I just put this here. Intercept it however you want.

iSk59rP.png

I think NCSoft classifies players' client modification into two categories: bannable and ignorable. If you modify it to super-advantages against other players, like have infinite focus, permanent stealth (like hacking Summoners in 1v1 last year), it is bannable. This, however, cannot be modded through changing a few lines in xml. You need a hack tool for that, and this is a serious offense.

Meanwhile, if it is something you can modify through xml, it is ignorable. 

Lol maybe you should read up more about editing the xml before talking about banning all people for editing it. Some people even edit the xml just to see dps meter in 6 man mode. so I guess almost the whole community will be gone and then there will be no more bns when they aren't making enough money due to a low player base. From what I read there is also a limit on how high you can edit the attack speed since it will result in the game crashing so it's likely the people you're seeing in arena are using actual hacks and macros and not just editing the xml.

27 minutes ago, Shanetheillest said:

Lol maybe you should read up more about editing the xml before talking about banning all people for editing it. Some people even edit the xml just to see dps meter in 6 man mode. so I guess almost the whole community will be gone and then there will be no more bns when they aren't making enough money due to a low player base. From what I read there is also a limit on how high you can edit the attack speed since it will result in the game crashing so it's likely the people you're seeing in arena are using actual hacks and macros and not just editing the xml.

Nah, they won't bother to read or try to understand what is it about. It just simply goes like this:

->Heard that someone does something that gives the game's better performance

->Heard that it might risk a ban

->Not dare to use it cuz do not want to get banned

->See people who dare the risk and enjoy better performance

->Get jealous and wish for them all get banned, while feeling mighty for not using it.

->People don't get banned and continue to use them. Now feel being a victim while all other people are cheaters.

46 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Nah, they won't bother to read or try to understand what is it about. It just simply goes like this:

->Heard that someone does something that gives the game's better performance

->Heard that it might risk a ban

->Not dare to use it cuz do not want to get banned

->See people who dare the risk and enjoy better performance

->Get jealous and wish for them all get banned, while feeling mighty for not using it.

->People don't get banned and continue to use them. Now feel being a victim while all other people are cheaters.

This post alone contains so many fallacies that I actually didn't know where to anchor as for creating an argument against it (as much as I wanted to).

Instead, I'll just say this in the general subject:

You guys are vastly overestimating the amount of people that use those edits (or macros for that matter). It is a really small percentage of the overall playerbase. They remain unbanned not because NCwest actually fears the loss of that piece of their revenue. I think the issue lies within their capability to pinpoint bannable offenses - collateral damage is something they truly dread.

Archived