Trove Cosmetics Suggestion

Valks

After buying 150 keys trying to get Superfan this trove, and not getting one...and 200 keys last trove trying to get the costume that looks like Goku's outfit from dragon ball Z and not getting that either...I'd like to suggest selling the cosmetics from trove directly on the HM store during trove, for those of us who just want the costumes without having to spend 5-6 times more than we usually do gambling on trove and then not getting the costume. I would also like to know if these costumes will be added to the HM store at some point down the road because I would like to add them to my collection.

1 hour ago, Valks said:

After buying 150 keys trying to get Superfan this trove, and not getting one...and 200 keys last trove trying to get the costume that looks like Goku's outfit from dragon ball Z and not getting that either...I'd like to suggest selling the cosmetics from trove directly on the HM store during trove, for those of us who just want the costumes without having to spend 5-6 times more than we usually do gambling on trove and then not getting the costume. I would also like to know if these costumes will be added to the HM store at some point down the road because I would like to add them to my collection.

I'm sorry but it's your own fault for caving into their gambling method of selling costumes.  You vote with your dollars.  You don't like the costumes not dropping after 150-200 keys?  Then don't support the trove scheme with your dollars.  Simple as that.  You've only encouraged NCSoft to continue their trove schemes more with the amount of money you've shoved in their face.  Good job in showing them who's boss.

Not buying keys won't show them who's boss, people go crazy buying keys every trove, they certainly won't miss my 100-200 keys.

What I'm talking about is being practical and giving people options for the cosmetic stuff. I don't think it will affects the sales of keys much since most people want the materials and gems, not the costumes. Even if they just made all the costumes tradable so people can sell them on the market that would work too.

On a side note, if you don't have anything constructive to add to the converation why bother commenting at all?

One of the things that makes BNS one of the best games at the moment is the graphics and the LOOKS because pve/pvp is very similar with thousands of games out there. 

But sadly it has the worse drop rate and the most expensive cosmetics and when we start to get tired to not being able to customize our characters maybe we will think to move to other game where pvp/pvp will be kinda the same since the cool looks here starts to be very low satisfied when you can't afford it.

I was about to buy more 100 keys to get the cosmetics for my collection, but with this try hard rng and all my friends complaints i guess i'll skip it because we talking about something that not even gives stats and after few weeks it will get dust on my wardrobe for long time, it's a bit too much in my opinion, but it's just my opinion and it worths what it worths.

I thought of something else, besides having them on the HM store, or being able to trade them so you can buy them off the market from luckier players, what about being able to exchange one outfit from trove with another from trove? I did see task master come up about 4 times, and in the last trove saw alot of other costumes, just not the one I actually wanted. If we could exchange one for the other then it would help with the RNG when you have more than 1 costume in the drop list and keep getting the same one.

It would be nice if they'd put trove costumes and RNG box costumes on one of their players choice costume sales, like they did waaaay back with 'Best Friend' and a few other hard to get outfits. I'd love to get a few copies of Superfan, Southern Tiger, Dragonfall, the Eclipse outfits, and Countdown, but I refuse to gamble for them. I'd rather pay straight up, even if there is a slight price hike on outfits that come from RNG boxes when they get put in the HM store

52 minutes ago, Krissy said:

yeah like what if i dont want anything from the trove, even the crits, but just the cosmetic item?? i have to go gamble for it? come on. this is sad

Are you required to grind dungeons for the dungeon cosmetics or dreadtide for costume?

for me, trove, grind a dungeon, mushins tower or dreadtide 1000 times to see a cosmetic drop is mostly the same, you might say.... but one requires NCOIN...

I Say... 20 keys a day from HMcoin times 20 days is a shitload of keys....

2 minutes ago, Krissy said:

LOL dont compare spending IRL money to gamble for something to spending TIME on something you can spam for free. 

BUT... BUT....BUT....

YOU DONT NEED TO SPEND IRL MONEY

9 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

Are you required to grind dungeons for the dungeon cosmetics or dreadtide for costume?

for me, trove, grind a dungeon, mushins tower or dreadtide 1000 times to see a cosmetic drop is mostly the same, you might say.... but one requires NCOIN...

I Say... 20 keys a day from HMcoin times 20 days is a shitload of keys....

LOL dont compare spending IRL money to gamble for something to spending TIME on something you can spam for free. 

11 minutes ago, Krissy said:

BUT... BUT....BUT....

400 KEYS >>>> NO IRL MONEY NEEDED

if you don't do it is just because you don't want to, not because you can't

BUT... BUT....BUT....

Hmm maybe after you've spent all your gold on the poor rates of currency exchange, and STILL did not get what you wanted on this trove.. you have no gold left! so this means you must spend irl money. and i personally have a decent amount of gold. i know there are alot of people who dont even have enough gold to spam treasure trove. 

so are you saying everyone who wants these costumes or whatever are rich enough to be gambling massive amounts of gold for a cosmetic item that should be available to buy in the store?

2 minutes ago, Krissy said:

Hmm maybe after you've spent all your gold on the poor rates of currency exchange, and STILL did not get what you wanted on this trove.. you have no gold left! so this means you must spend irl money. and i personally have a decent amount of gold. i know there are alot of people who dont even have enough gold to spam treasure trove. 

so are you saying everyone who wants these costumes or whatever are rich enough to be gambling massive amounts of gold for a cosmetic item that should be available to buy in the store?

dont worry, lots of F2P users  do buy keys, some even more than those 400 keys

if you don't put TIME or MONEY in the game you are not really supposed to get the same of those who do ( unless you have some really good luck but that is not the point)

if you don't put TIME or MONEY in the game you are not really supposed to get the same of those who do ( unless you have some really good luck but that is not the point)

still doesnt justify why people should be spending money/gold on a small (small because trove compared to rng boxes from the cash shop are full of filler pages) chance of getting a cosmetic item that should be just in the store at a fixed price.
and wow, that sounds very condescending, lol.
 theres a problem though, this is RNG and there are people who dont spend the time or money and will get the same as those people who do put their time/money in. it happens alot actually, and then there are people who put in the time/money who are deserving (like you said) of it.. but still dont get anything. 

39 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

Yea except theres players who put time AND money into the game and dont get any rewards because the shitty RNG.

They like to put RNG and Trove costumes in player votes for what will be added to the store. Nobody ever votes for them, but instead they vote for store costumes that were previously in the store. So consider that those that don't like it being locked behind Trove or RNG are a small minority.

I don't mind they gate super-rare critical results in a matrix of RNG (you have critical first, then you have to get a good critical, then you need to get a high-quantity critical at the same time).

It is kinda sad they gate something purely cosmetic to a RNG wall though.

Maybe they should learn about how KR outfit box does its justice: If you open a box and get the outfit you don't want, you can salvage it for a special fabric to trade for what you want later.

Similarly, there should be a Trove tokens, which players gain for each Trove roll they get.

What does these Trove tokens for? It can be traded for cosmetic items, or something useful but bound-to-account. If I roll 200 Trove keys and gain 200 tokens, I think I should be able to get either Plog Pal or Superfan.

5 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

I remember when we had a trove in which the outfits were sellable through market. I wish they could implement this on all the trove outfits so people who cannot afford keys could at least try to afford these outfits.

Omg I completely forgot about that! Dat business class and kill bill costume wasn't it? NC has been sneaky sneaky.

2 hours ago, BlueBunnay said:

Omg I completely forgot about that! Dat business class and kill bill costume wasn't it? NC has been sneaky sneaky.

Not Kill Bill, its a reference to Bruce Lee's Game of Death, which Kill Bill in turn referenced

17 hours ago, Valks said:

I'd personally rather not see it in the HM store based on the fact that it's nice to have outfits that everyone doesn't have  it makes you stand out. :) but I get what you're saying it does suck to not be able to have all the outfits you want but usually they make a comeback anyway some do and some don't. But you can't possibly collect every single outfit I'm sure no one has bought ever outfit that has ever been released . I know from my perspective I would never buy something. I know I wouldn't  wear on my character and I certainly wouldn't spend money for collection purposes because who is going to see your collection other then you buy so far I have bought a gracious amount of clothing from ncsoft :0 kinda went a little ranty there sorry lol 

some players don't care about outfits because they modify the game files and can use any outfit but i want to play legit with them and i don't mind to pay for what i like and want.

sadly the cosmetics prices and these trove outfits almost impossible to get with reasonable tries it's frustrating.

I don't pay that expensive for my real life clothes no way for a game. 

Archived