NCSoft do you care about f2p players?

Kkh

4 minutes ago, Kkh said:

The compensation you are giving out yesterday was disgustingly unfair to f2p players!  YOU just doubled everyones keys AND they get to keep their loots, it shows that you didnt give ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ at all to f2p player.....thats kinda like a slap in the face, shows how little you care for f2p. Im totally sad and angry about it, it makes me wonder if this game is for at all. They get to keep their mats that take hours open hours to farm, basically for free. We f2p players have to work our asses off if we want something, we must invest time into it to get a decent gear when a whale can just swipe for 5 min. You basically just gave swipers free mats+keys. So what about the rest of us? 

No matter how you look at it im a player and so are the one who swipe, spending a lot doesnt change that but you NCSoft, choose the favoritism the p2w players but that doesnt change that im a player so are the p2w players. 

I love this game but you NCSoft are trying to kill the f2p players and good luck to keep this game alive with only whales. There are no  (non subscription based game) that are alive with only whales if there are only few hundreds of them.

All those who got free keys saying comments like "Why everyone is mad, they fixed the issue, thank you ncsoft!", you freaking kidding me? "Thank you ncsoft?" You mean thanks for giving you f*cking tons of gold worth items?

Instead you could just give everyone 20 keys or even lower the key price, because everyone is a players no mather what and everyone deserves the same treatment.

I agree with the giving everyone a fixed amount of free keys would have been better but at the end of the day you can't get upset about being a f2p because obviously p2p players will be ahead of you that's not fair if I put a significant amount of money into a game and not be ahead of people who don't put money into a game. That's how most mmos work and to complain about it won't do any good. P2p or p2w will always be ahead no matter what you say or whine about :/ I mean put yourself in a paying players shoes. Would you not want to get the most out of your money and expect to be a top player if pure putting money into the game. Just play the game and enjoy it your not always going to be the top player in every game you play

The compensation you are giving out yesterday was disgustingly unfair to f2p players!  YOU just doubled everyones keys AND they get to keep their loots, it shows that you didnt give ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ at all to f2p player.....thats kinda like a slap in the face, shows how little you care for f2p. Im totally sad and angry about it, it makes me wonder if this game is for at all. They get to keep their mats that take hours open hours to farm, basically for free. We f2p players have to work our asses off if we want something, we must invest time into it to get a decent gear when a whale can just swipe for 5 min. You basically just gave swipers free mats+keys. So what about the rest of us? 

No matter how you look at it im a player and so are the one who swipe, spending a lot doesnt change that but you NCSoft, choose the favoritism the p2w players but that doesnt change that im a player so are the p2w players. 

I love this game but you NCSoft are trying to kill the f2p players and good luck to keep this game alive with only whales. There are no  (non subscription based game) that are alive with only whales if there are only few hundreds of them.

Instead you could just give everyone 20 keys or even lower the key price, because everyone is a players no mather what and everyone deserves the same treatment.

Those who comment like "why are u mad, you even didnt spend cash, thank you ncsoft", are u fcking kiddning me? "Thank you ncsoft", you mean thanks for giving you fcking tons of gold worth items? 

20 minutes ago, CREEDENCE said:

I agree with the giving everyone a fixed amount of free keys would have been better but at the end of the day you can't get upset about being a f2p because obviously p2p players will be ahead of you that's not fair if I put a significant amount of money into a game and not be ahead of people who don't put money into a game. That's how most mmos work and to complain about it won't do any good. P2p or p2w will always be ahead no matter what you say or whine about :/ I mean put yourself in a paying players shoes. Would you not want to get the most out of your money and expect to be a top player if pure putting money into the game. Just play the game and enjoy it your not always going to be the top player in every game you play

I know but the way NSsoft handle this situation shows that they doesnt care about f2p players at all. And they do actually support p2w model, despite what they said before the game lauches

13 minutes ago, Kkh said:

I know but the way NSsoft handle this situation shows that they doesnt care about f2p players at all. And they do actually support p2w model, despite what they said before the game lauches

Well if this was my company I would support the paying players more too because they give me support by keeping my business running. Why do you think most companies in the world not just gaming companies cater to people who are members and pay more money? People who spend more in a store get bigger discounts on coupons and so on a so forth. So when you spend money expect to get more things out of what you are paying for. That's just common sense :/ sucks but everything in this world isn't free and just because a game is F2P doesn't mean it's entirely that way it never is

@Kkh You are completely wrong.

1) They did compansate everyone who bought & use keys before they stopped selling them. They give same compensation to those who bought keys with ncoins (paying players) as well to those who bought them with hongmoon coins (even f2p players). So why are you saying that the componsation was unfair to free to play players?

2) Only the players that bought keys were affected by it's bugged droprates, they basicaly didn't get what they bought. So why should they give free keys to everyone as you are asking instead of giving ppl what they bought?

I agree that letting people have what they get with the first use of keys is not best solution for economy in game, but trying to take everything back would probably bring much more problems then a little shock to ingame economy.

10 minutes ago, CREEDENCE said:

Well if this was my company I would support the paying players more too because they give my support by keeping my business running. Why do you think most companies in the world not just gaming companies cater to people who are members and pay more money? People who spend more in a store get bigger sidocunts on coupons and so on a so forth. So when you spend money expect to get more things out of what you are paying for. That's just common sense :/ sucks but everything in this world isn't free and just because a game is F2P doesn't mean it's entirely that way it never is

Everything isnt free but still im still a player like the one who still lvling and the one who swipe, it doesnt mather if we spend cash or not because in the end we all the players to this game. And now NCSoft choose to favoritism the paying people by giving free loots that are worth fck tons of gold just for free, what about the rest of the players? Are we just slaves that play and promote their game? 

Now NCSoft choose to refund all keys was very noble but as good as it was there are still good and bad sites. Good? You got your money not only worth but also double which is amazing, however there is a bad side which is gives people a tons of mats which can be seen as good thing but in terms of balancing its horrible. It will not effect in long terms but it will further widen the gap between paying and nonpaying players in term of gear.

Funny thing is they boosted hp and reduced requirement from event bosses for like free special boxes for everyone and you cry about few keys ppl get compensated. That really show show how greedy some players are. Just want free stuff from everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Kkh said:

When was I talking about the boss or CB at all? Yes Im gratefull that they fix it that everyone got a chance to get ginseng but that is not a topic. The topic of this thread is about how NCSoft handle trove situation. 

Your tittle says do they care about f2p players? That event is purely for f2p players. They just improved that event so it is equal for f2p players right? Before whales get advantage of special box features pretty much so i referring to that. They improved the event make it more f2p friendly so does that mean they care about f2p? 

2 minutes ago, Suna said:

Funny thing is they boosted hp and reduced requirement from event bosses for like free special boxes for everyone and you cry about few keys ppl get compensated. That really show show how greedy some players are. Just want free stuff from everywhere.

When was I talking about the boss or CB at all? Yes Im gratefull that they fix it that everyone got a chance to get ginseng but that is not a topic. The topic of this thread is about how NCSoft handle trove situation. 

11 minutes ago, Suna said:

Your tittle says do they care about f2p players? That event is purely for f2p players. They just improved that event so it is equal for f2p players right? Before whales get advantage of special box features pretty much so i referring to that. They improved the event make it more f2p friendly so does that mean they care about f2p? 

Dude this thread is TROVE not CELESTIAL BASIN. Yes they do care about nonpaying players on the current event. But when it comes to trove there are 0 fairness how the handle it. They just give paying players tons of mats that are worth a tons of gold but what does a f2p players got? A middle finger.

1 hour ago, Kkh said:

Those who comment like "why are u mad, you even didnt spend cash, thank you ncsoft", are u fcking kiddning me? "Thank you ncsoft", you mean thanks for giving you fcking tons of gold worth items? 

Yeah, right...

1. How would you get back those loots?

2. Everytime weapon upgrade paths' cost was reduced, it helped F2P way more than P2W. In fact, it was kind of an insult to players who paid 1000+g more than others for the upgrades and got a "compensation" of like 50g...

3. Give everyone 20 free keys... So being scammed of like 500 keys is only worth 20 keys for you ? Yeah right...

4. Put keys on discount... This would still make F2P cry because it helps P2W more than F2P. You just wanted to exploit this bug and you're mad about it, am I right ?

5. The trove before the compensation was a complete joke...

25 minutes ago, Kkh said:

Dude this thread is TROVE not CELESTIAL BASIN. Yes they do care about nonpaying players on the current event. But when it comes to trove there are 0 fairness how the handle it. They just give paying players tons of mats that are worth a tons of gold but what does a f2p players got? A middle finger.

What does F2P get ?? Easy, discounted price on the marketplace. As a F2P, you should stack your gold while waiting for a trove, then spend it all, then repeat. I mean, you've stacked up on 2000g ? You just got mats for an extra 500-1000g.

1 hour ago, NineArt said:

You don't have to be a F2P to agree with this lol. Here is someone who opened 1k keys and got another 1k free

First 1k

unknown.png

Refunded 1k keys

unknown.png

It's the opposite. The first 1k, gems had a 0% drop rate.

16 minutes ago, Moonstruck said:

What does F2P get ?? Easy, discounted price on the marketplace. As a F2P, you should stack your gold while waiting for a trove, then spend it all, then repeat. I mean, you've stacked up on 2000g ? You just got mats for an extra 500-1000g.

There are differences between CHEAP and FREE, NCSoft basically just gave people free lots that are worth tons of fcking gold while nonpaying players gets 0! Have u seen market lately? They are still at the same price, there are barely changes in prices, nothing! 

While those who swipe just got their back!

Just now, Moonstruck said:

Here's my question :

How would you have taken back items that has already been sold to players who didn't trove, and who used those items to upgrade their pets, weapons and/or accessories ?

Im not asking NCSoft to take back player items but Im saying they get keep those items that are worth tons of gold basically for free because they are getting their keys back anyway. From a f2p perspective thats favoritism since everyone who play this game deserve the same treatment no mather what since we all are players. Thats why I suggest giving keys to everyone or even reduce the price of keys if NCSoft is not feeling generious. 

The way NCSoft handle this situation is worst one I ever seen in any game I played, they are giving to the one that used keys instead they should give everyone something since everyone who played the game is a player no mather if he/she swipe or not!

12 minutes ago, Kkh said:

There are differences between CHEAP and FREE, NCSoft basically just gave people free lots that are worth tons of fcking gold while nonpaying players gets 0! Have u seen market lately? They are still at the same price, there are barely changes in prices, nothing! 

While those who swipe just got their back!

Here's my question :

How would you have taken back items that has already been sold to players who didn't trove, and who used those items to upgrade their pets, weapons and/or accessories ?

They could rollback but servers was already hours online before they noticed the issue. Some players may get pissed if they finally get their bt loot or somebody may grinded xp that 6 hour for noting or somebody may finally get xanos bracelet that rolled back. That would possible ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ so many players off so they did not do it. There is reason why do they think almost 2 days what kind of compensation would they give. They did not have much choices. 

All they have to do is to roll back all the stuff people got from trove before the hotfix. Is it a tough job? Yes, but it is their fault to begin with. Of course they have to use their time to fix the issue. In fact, they should check out the bugs before they implement it into the game. Right now, it is like we have to pay for their mistake.

Unfortunately, it's total bull**** that prices changed at all with the refunded keys, some things actually went up in price. The people who have all these mats will hold onto them until Trove has ended and prices can be controlled to their advantage, THEN they will sell their stuff. I'd at least like a refund of 40 keys for the 2 days the keys were unavailable to even buy.... f2p players only get 20 keys per day.... compared to hundreds or thousands that paying people buy.

It may seem like an insignificant amount and paying players may fund their servers... but free players populate them, no population means no reason to pay for an empty game.

com·pen·sa·tion
ˌkämpənˈsāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.

This is normally proportional to the "loss." Keep in mind the "loss" were not "keys." The "loss" were the items missing from the drop table. Simply compensate those that used keys by giving them all the missing items proportional to a number of keys bought and rate of acquisition of said items (the critical rate). It's a simple solution really. 

Since I'm new and I did not participate in trove as I was doing the campaign quest, I'm not familiar with the crit rate. But let's just assume for example's sake.

Say crit rate is 1%

You bought 100 keys. That means you will crit once. That means you get compensated 1 of each item set that was missing from the drop table that would have appeared. For example, if oils come in 10s, 20s, 30s, etc. you get 30 oils and if heptagonal gems only come in singles, yet there are several varieties, you get 1 of each colored gem.

This is much more generous that what would have happened in a normal scenario, but this is a compensation after all. However, I believe this is in no way more generous that a full refund of keys. 

Additionally, general rounding applies. For those that did not buy enough keys to make a whole number (my previous example is 100 to 1, but what about 10 to 1) Then you can refund keys. :P Or you MUST round UP. Everyone compensated is assumed to have crit once. A sort of minimum compensation. Can't give 1/10th of a gem.

In any case, the time frame in which they disabled the purchase of keys and the hotfix was quite lengthy for a simple conclusion of: refund all keys. :^)

However maybe they thought about this and saw that this wasn't possible or there's something I missed that they can't do or is worse than the current compensation. :^)

[EDIT] Short Aside: I crit on my first trove opening early Wednesday, too bad gems weren't on the menu and only 2 slots! FeelsPlebMan Lucky or unlucky?

Kappa: Essentially free keys made it that those players benefitting from the compensation get to experience trove at 50% off. So... make trove 50% off for everyone. hehe xd.

4 hours ago, Kkh said:

Im not asking NCSoft to take back player items but Im saying they get keep those items that are worth tons of gold basically for free because they are getting their keys back anyway. From a f2p perspective thats favoritism since everyone who play this game deserve the same treatment no mather what since we all are players. Thats why I suggest giving keys to everyone or even reduce the price of keys if NCSoft is not feeling generious. 

The way NCSoft handle this situation is worst one I ever seen in any game I played, they are giving to the one that used keys instead they should give everyone something since everyone who played the game is a player no mather if he/she swipe or not!

So tell me :

How would giving 20 keys (or even 500, I don't care) to everyone be fair to those who basically wasted 1000 keys on this trove ? They got scammed for one thousand keys and they get nothing more than those who didn't swipe ?

I mean, NineArt showed us what the difference between before and after looked like. If you expected the first loot, but got the 2nd, how would you feel ? Would you not feel robbed by the support ? I know a F2P player who bought around 500 keys by buying NCoins from his friend for gold, so anyone could have "exploited" this bug.

Some P2W players couldnt log in in time to trove, do you see them all over the place crying since the support did a great job at noticing the bug as fast as they could ?

Archived