Forums

Command prompt popping up, stealing focus from the game, every so often

Zorex

This started happening since XIGNCODE3 was added to the game. Every so often, a command prompt will pop up for about half a second before it disappears again, stealing window focus from the game. It's extremely irritating when you're in the middle of combat; I've actually died on occasion because the momentary focus steal prevented me from moving.

Can you seriously just stop with the useless anti-cheating spyware? Any half-decent programmer can bypass these garbage solutions in lots of ways if they really want to, anyway. Stop trusting the client so much if you're really that worried about cheating.

The issue had to do with an Office 2016 task called OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration. You can find it in Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Office. Disabling that task made the command prompt stop popping up every hour.

So why did this happen? No idea, but I'm guessing it's the super invasive scanning that XIGNCODE3 does that caused it. In any case, I should not have to disable a bloody Office 2016 task to play a game.

Archived