solution to this f2p vs p2w fiasco

arkvard

54 minutes ago, POO POO said:

Pay2Play isn't sustainable anymore for the MMO genre, it's pretty much dead.

Free2Play with whales is the only way it will survive.

F2P killed the whole mmo genre.

18 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

And how many people would be willing to pay even that 50 USD a month? At this point of the game it would be really bad idea to change the system and it has been out on the table multiple times with mixed feelings. Majority of the population would be gone and just couple people would stay. If it was 100 USD a month even less people would be playing and there has already been so many complaints about dead servers.

Errr, no one would pay $50 USD a month to play ANY game. 

9 hours ago, arkvard said:

idk, I just want this game to get the recognition it deserves. Because for some reason this great game isn't really popular.

Is it because it's f2p? why don't we try to change it to p2p and see what is going to happen? For the record, it was a p2p game in Korea and it is the most popular MMO in Korea until now. Well, I'm not Korean so I don't know what is really happening there but, p2p might be the real reason it was and until now the most popular MMO there. I know they changed it to f2p, but now with their new weapon system it's still regarded as p2p unless you want to grind those blue stones for limited amount everyday.

or is it because of something else?

i'd say they just went f2p cause they where losing subs as "you don't change a winning team"...

now... about those $100 a month.... think about this

the biggest mmo in the market is about $15 a month and still they felt the "need" to have a f2p component in the game where you can exchange your gold for game time.... why would they do it, was it also cause they where losing subs? and anyway they killed two birds with one stone,  making newcomers have a way to get affordable gold without resorting to gold sellers and keep the game interesting for whoever does not want to pay $15 a month

for me as a (f2p) i not like in the "mood" to pay a sub for a game that has a (high) latency (around 250ms or more in SW EU) as bns has

3 hours ago, POO POO said:

Please, it saved it. A large majority of poople in 2017 would never pay monthly for an MMO.

Because the most MMOs doesnt even worth the sub price. Now list me 5 AAA MMOs that will be launched till 2020.

Let's just stop.

Pay 2 play is dead.

Maybe you are a part of a group that can afford to play, but what if you are part of a group that has members that can't, maybe some are to young and maybe some don't have the time or money.

This is a useless topic to have that will get no attention and has no  value or good for the community, without solid numbers UPDATED all you guys can do is talk, to PROVE that "hey ya if you pay will be better" , but to look at all the pros and con's.... and you can have all the pro's in the world right now but if you don't have the NUMBERS it wont count.

Let's get this one clear the game, in the phase it is now, it's not worth even 5$.

To leave it as it is, it's the way to go, I mean, I just spent 60/70$ 2-3 hours ago on the trove for some keys that I want to open when I get off work, but that is MY DECISION, I'm not forced to do it, get it ?  

So even if I can afford to pay to play monthly , I won't .. I have other games that I can jump on that are just as good if not better.

Blade and soul now needs updates to fix there stuff, but it wont happen, not for at least 1 more year.

1 hour ago, LiriC said:

Let's just stop.

Pay 2 play is dead.

Maybe you are a part of a group that can afford to play, but what if you are part of a group that has members that can't, maybe some are to young and maybe some don't have the time or money.

This is a useless topic to have that will get no attention and has no  value or good for the community, without solid numbers UPDATED all you guys can do is talk, to PROVE that "hey ya if you pay will be better" , but to look at all the pros and con's.... and you can have all the pro's in the world right now but if you don't have the NUMBERS it wont count.

Let's get this one clear the game, in the phase it is now, it's not worth even 5$.

To leave it as it is, it's the way to go, I mean, I just spent 60/70$ 2-3 hours ago on the trove for some keys that I want to open when I get off work, but that is MY DECISION, I'm not forced to do it, get it ?  

So even if I can afford to pay to play monthly , I won't .. I have other games that I can jump on that are just as good if not better.

Blade and soul now needs updates to fix there stuff, but it wont happen, not for at least 1 more year.

P2P is dead, I guess thats why WoW shut down, cuz no-one is willing to pay $10-20 a month to play a quality MMO. Oh wait, that didnt happen...

1 hour ago, Kaida Hoshi said:

P2P is dead, I guess thats why WoW shut down, cuz no-one is willing to pay $10-20 a month to play a quality MMO. Oh wait, that didnt happen...

And you want to compare BnS with WoW ?   really ?

I really am jealous to people that have born in a nice country where you can spend 100$ that easily. Where i live 500$ per month for a full time job - is a pretty damn good income. And the majority works for 200-300$ per month.
Some people don't even realise how lucky they are to born in a first world country.

5 hours ago, LiriC said:

And you want to compare BnS with WoW ?   really ?

on the topic of whether p2p works or not, yes, WoW is an exaple of p2p that works, you cant argue that, I am not saying that BnS should be like WoW or anything like that, I am simply using WoW as an example of p2p being highly successful, no need to go jumping the gun there bud

6 hours ago, SadFace said:

I really am jealous to people that have born in a nice country where you can spend 100$ that easily. Where i live 500$ per month for a full time job - is a pretty damn good income. And the majority works for 200-300$ per month.
Some people don't even realise how lucky they are to born in a first world country.

Probably they are using their money from their parents each month. Even if they have to work, I doubt they have to pay rent/finance their living place. I know a lot of people that start to quit gamer's life once they step into the real world life and live by themselves.

haha....if we have to pay to play this game, then the game will have a big server merge within 1 month. Another 6 months, this game will be dead because people get bored with playing with same people over and over again. Plus, they can't test or bully the new poor players with their OP gears.

13 hours ago, KzE said:

Because the most MMOs doesnt even worth the sub price. Now list me 5 AAA MMOs that will be launched till 2020.

There are no MMOs releasing from now on, because the MMO genre is dead.

2 hours ago, POO POO said:

There are no MMOs releasing from now on, because the MMO genre is dead.

by no realising MMO you mean no in whole world or in west?

There are some which soon come into west and some which gonna be realised on world in onyly 2017:  Moonlight Blade, Soul Worker, New MonHun, Lost Ark, Dragons Dogma Online, Albion Online, New Battlefield Heroes, Ashes of Creations, Dogma Eternal Night, Chronicles of Elyria, Battleforge Reborn, New Dark and Light (Dark and Light 2?), Peria Chronicles.

And its onyly in 2017, so MMO ARE still releasing.

1: POO POO said there are no MMO`s releasing now. He didnt said about onyly AAA, becouse some ppl like strategy MMO, or just click type.

2. So you wanna me to remove from list West releases (still i dont rly belive you gonna play CH or Kor servers...). Ther: New MonHun, Lost Ark, Dragons Dogma Online, Albion Online, New Battlefield Heroes, Ashes of Creations, Dogma Eternal Night, Chronicles of Elyria, Battleforge Reborn, New Dark and Light (Dark and Light 2?), Peria Chronicles. AND ITS ONYLY AT PC.

Lets add i didnt even search for MMO. this are 1st which come to me when i wrote that post.

Oh lets add one more thing: even if SEGA dont plan to NEVER release PSO3 im rly happy, becouse for me PSO2 is GREATE game, which constantly have new updates with new weapons, armors, outfits, story, enemys, and many more. Same is with Closers KR. You known what make MMO die? 2 Things:

1. If its not constantly updated/getting new events players become bored of it and stop playing.

2. Cheaters which destroy fun for normal players, becouse if they wanna they can even get items from cash shop by using cheats. If you dont belive me check why most PWE games was shut down. Answer: Zen charger.

Problem is not F2P or P2P. If it was then games like Aion would have be shut down in a few months after changing from P2P into F2P. True Aion is currently one of most P2W, but its F2P and it have TONS of players.

On 5/29/2017 at 7:10 AM, SadFace said:

Too bad being born in a FWC doesn't mean you get anything most of the time :')

The question at hand is almost laughable if the OP wasn't serious. This trash game  isn't even worth the usual $15 a month sub fee, let alone any absurd high fee like $100/month. The only people paying that amount of money on this game are those who have nothing else going on in their lives worth spending money on. And that would be a very... very small slice of the total player base. And NCsoft counts on this very small slice to make its profit, even if that means making the game heavily P2W. Don't expect that to change.

On 5/26/2017 at 2:31 PM, POO POO said:

Pay2Play isn't sustainable anymore for the MMO genre, it's pretty much dead.

Free2Play with whales is the only way it will survive.

FFXIV is Pay2play and it's doing great, I think you meant failed greedy games have to go F2P, Really any game that has F2P in it's title is a lie. Why trust a dev that lies to you right away?

One should not make the error to equate whales with power gamers or to assume an even moderate correlation between money spent by a player on a game and the power advantage of that player's characters.

The little research that there has been does not seem to indicate most whales are power gamers at all.

Some types are just very social, spending RL money to gift costumes to friends, support clan crafting because they like their clan's community, or help out a friend that starts out new to catch up with them.

Others are close to a compulsory disorder / gambling addiction, spending way too much on RNG boxes and what-have-you. Which is very worrysome in itself, but usually such types are not hardcore enough to be power gamers either.

Then there is also a type which I don't know a better name than "sportsman" for: Gaming is their explicit hobby, and just like some would spend 2000 bucks a year on ski gear and holidays, they would spend the same amounts on their favourite game. Half of it for a good rig, half of it in game. As much as this might freak out F2P hard-liners, this way of spending money might actually feel (and be?) quite natural and healthy for those players.

From personal experience, I can definitely say that high end gear players I meet seem to combine two features almost without exception: Long playtime budget and an attitude of "efficient" gameplay. The latter meaning such players almost always adjust their activities for "optimal" progression.

So far I have not observed these people to spend more RL money in-game than others: I have had lots of clannies who are casuals and still bought 50 trove keys or regular costumes or duelist bundles etc. And they are still running around with their pinnacle accessories.

While some people who I never even saw buy anything with HM coin, let alone Ncoin, have farmed every purple dungeon for literally hundreds of times and are now running around in 90% black tower gear.

It might be a comforting thought to believe players with "superior" gear got there because of credit cards, but in reality this can only be of minor effect.

If anything, I would say the playstyle of you and of the clan that you are in are the major predictors of how powerful your character gear is going to be after a given time investment.

Most of my best friends in game would never play a pay-2-play title MMO, so I intensely hope this will never come back.

Just do your own part and subscribe to a premium membership. The more premium players there are, the less NCSoft West has to cater for whale events. ^_^

Archived