Compensation?

ShangduWang

So not a rich person, 6 kids and medically retired army, and in the US, that means normally broke as a joke.  If your going to say something does not makes sense, instead of just ranting and being boohoo on something, give the reason is does not make sense.  The garbage items you got on the none crits would have been 100% the same crap you would have gotten anyway.  The only part that was affected was the possible crit drops.  So, that being said, giving you keys for the messed up crits is fair.

2ndly, there was no crime at all.  you chose to pay for keys, you chose to use the keys, no one made you spend your money or anything nor did NCsoft in anyway say that there was a X chance to get any item stated.  it could have been a 1 in 2billion chance for the crit hepts to happen and no one would have known.  and it would have been legal.  even if someone was rich enough to get, or crazy enough to get 2billion keys, its still RNG.  NCsoft noticed there was something not right and took action, when technicly it could have just gone on, and people would have been like "man, RNG is tough this trove" instead, people jump on the band wagon making things out to be worse then it is and cry cry cry.  boohoo.  im just glad they are trying to figure out a way to comp folks when i personally dont think they need as big of one as folks want.  5/100 used, perfectly fair.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Baby Vivie said:

Yes i do think 5 is good.  Think about what was affected, the possible crits right?  so left them get a new key for when it should have been a crit to have a chance to get a good crit.

makes logical sense.  and i also spent on keys, about 200 bucks worth.  so yeah, i think its damn fair.  most folks are crying way more then needed, like a child crying for death after stubbing a toe.  

As your logic has no logic, I must conclude you're a rich person that can wipe his butt at 200€... I opened 200 keys and I dont think 10 are enough to compensate the crime they commited.

I wonder how many of these pro "don't do refunds" people have actually spent money on keys. Go spend couple of dozen or hundreds euros or dollars and get close to nothing from trove and then say you think no refunds is fair.

Myself i spent some and if no fair compensation, I'm done paying NC, canceling my sub and never spending single cent in this game. Going 100% F2P.

7 minutes ago, MCOnyx said:

I wonder how many of these pro "don't do refunds" people have actually spent money on keys. Go spend couple of dozen or hundreds euros or dollars and get close to nothing from trove and then say you think no refunds is fair.

Myself i spent some and if no fair compensation, I'm done paying NC, canceling my sub and never spending single cent in this game. Going 100% F2P.

That is funny, game is 100% f2p, you just chose to pay.  and some of us who think most people are over reacting, paid over 200.  and last trove, over 300 with nothing to show for it.  Stop trying.  not everyone is "pro" as you put it, not everyone is "rich" as another put it, just not over reacting cry babies.  you do not know what NCsoft will do for the comp, you do not know what they are planning, SO STOP CRYING PEOPLE.  No MMO has had a 100% no fault 1st day of anything that did not need a fix or 2.  No MMO has had any issue from everything that popped up fixed in first couple hours every time, some times not even in the first 48hr.  BUT, many of us who have played many MMO over many years, f2p and sub games, have seen game shut down for maintenance until things are fixed, but look, you can still play while they work on it, kinda nice for a change.  Grow up people, realize the world is not always what you want, and just deal with it.

44 minutes ago, Exaration said:

It's the compensation man. Did you no read? It's not the fix. The fix is fairly simple I'm sure of. They have to get permission from KR first before doing anything drastic like giving out free keys and stuff. Just be patient dude. If anything, they might extend trove which will be amazing *_*

Would you really be happy with just extended trove? and if so did u buy any keys already

I sincerely hope NC don't go sketchy on this. I bought near 1.1K keys the results were extremely bad. I would hope for a full reroll (which is not going to happen) or a full refund on keys. its blatantly false advertising. Many rates for items were nerfed and items were extremely bad.  Last trove is way better than this, anyone who spents on this trove will only ended up losing money instead of profit. where as last trove you can make a profit/ break even.

the current trove is only good for elements but that is completely useless once you are full Raven 6 and maxed gear. Im only interested in gems and guess what the only gems i gotten on this trove are like 3 4 AP Gems. Which was crap

They have go right about this or alot of ppl will riot

3 minutes ago, MusitaX said:

As a F2P Player, i find this curiously funny, to watch whales QQing that much. But yea, i just wanted to invest some of my gold in some keys; i held back myself after watching that  400 and 600keys video. #NOPE 

They removed all the Items I have no use for and only left the good ones in there and on top of that im getting a compensation. Im actually pretty happy ^^

7 minutes ago, MusitaX said:

As a F2P Player, i find this curiously funny, to watch whales QQing that much. But yea, i just wanted to invest some of my gold in some keys; i held back myself after watching that  400 and 600keys video. #NOPE 

It's not just whales, even the casual players who purchased keys have been wronged.

14 minutes ago, TakunDes said:

I sincerely hope NC don't go sketchy on this. I bought near 1.1K keys the results were extremely bad. I would hope for a full reroll (which is not going to happen) or a full refund on keys. its blatantly false advertising. Many rates for items were nerfed and items were extremely bad.  Last trove is way better than this, anyone who spents on this trove will only ended up losing money instead of profit. where as last trove you can make a profit/ break even.

the current trove is only good for elements but that is completely useless once you are full Raven 6 and maxed gear. Im only interested in gems and guess what the only gems i gotten on this trove are like 3 4 AP Gems. Which was crap

They have go right about this or alot of ppl will riot

I wanted Raven feathers, legendary element/jewels and just overall other mats. Was decent trove but not good. The outfits & weapon appearence were crap tho.. which made me kinda sad

51 minutes ago, Exaration said:

It's the compensation man. Did you no read? It's not the fix. The fix is fairly simple I'm sure of. They have to get permission from KR first before doing anything drastic like giving out free keys and stuff. Just be patient dude. If anything, they might extend trove which will be amazing *_*

uhm, no? I spent 150 keys just to get better stones and i only got hexagonal ONCE. That's just not fair. Imagine you'd win a lottery because you paid 20 tickets with 10 € each, just to find out it were only 10 € in the jackpot. It's no use if you can buy the same lottery tickets for a longer time then...

44 minutes ago, MCOnyx said:

So you find more fair, since you spent 100 keys let's say to get rewarded for 200? Do you find that right? Also do not forget how many "whales" use the currency exchange for trove and guess what, they got the same problem as you mate,without paying a penny, cause money is not mandatory here, you decide to pay it.

10 minutes ago, FlyingYoghurt said:

So you find more fair, since you spent 100 keys let's say to get rewarded for 200? Do you find that right? Also do not forget how many "whales" use the currency exchange for trove and guess what, they got the same problem as you mate,without paying a penny, cause money is not mandatory here, you decide to pay it.

So you think it's fair to give nothing to people who legimitely bought keys spent real money to have Heptagonnal gems who WERE displayed on loot table but weren't ?

It's like buying package with multiple things and when you receive it, it misses stuff in there, you wont complain about the compagny where you bought it ? amazing

• NCSOFT

Hello,

We'll be posting more details regarding Trove compensation extremely soon. Please bear with us! We are currently ensuring that the Trove fix is perfectly working before giving all the details.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

what was sketchy other then maybe no one saw a hept drop?  nothing was false in what was advertised other then no one saw hept drops.  there was no percentages on anything.  there was no guarantee on anything or stated that there would be, just a list of possible drops.  and only 1 thing didnt drop for anyone, the hepta gems, something that most whales already have or better then.  As for making a profit, trove has never been about making the player profit, its nice somethings are sealed and sell-able, but its never been about making a player gold.  The purpose of trove is to get people stuff they may or may not need cheaply over all, so players can spend cash to get boosted stat wise quickly, IF THEY CHOSE TO, kinda like RNG boxes, but with a bigger list and you can chose what you get out of each drop.  i know of many people who got 50 raven king souls for 30g, those are 200 give or take a pop on the market.  many who got 100 evolved stones for 30 gold, and many other drops for super mega good deal cheap.  just because you want to jump on the band wagon and cry more, fine, stay off the forums unless you have something productive or helpful for others to read.  not this cry baby stuff about how you thinks its a crime, or comp should be ungoldy for your time or lil cash you spent.  I spent 200 on this one, 300 on last one, didnt get crap in either.  waaaah waaaah, stop crying.  

how about instead of crying, you give helpful ideas to what would be a fair reasonable comp that does not involve rollback and screwing over a lot of other players who may have been farming for something 50 runs a day or more for last 2 weeks and finally got the drop they wanted.  Stop thinking of only yourself and what you think is right or wrong, when no one really cares cause its not all about you and your wants.  stop acting like a fool i dealt with this morning that said 50raven souls for 30 is cheaper for feathers then the 30/30 drops for feathers with out doing the math first.  

FYI 50 raven king souls for 30g for those after feathers is 2.2g each (most forget that it is 5g per transmute) while the 30/30 is just that 30/30 = 1g each

2 minutes ago, FlyingYoghurt said:

Fail example as the lottery can fail you even for 100/1000/10000 tickets bought. 

You've successfully hanged yourself on the wrong fact in this example. It doesn't matter how many tickets you buy, if the win can't be more than 10€, it's no use to do this lottery. What i mean is, no casher would'e spend 1000 € or more into a trove event without a hope of getting something out of this, and if they now give out a "pat pat, here you got 10 keys for compensation, now spend another 1000 on these new shiny keys", they wont ever buy again, ergo bye bye game.

10 minutes ago, Lyshandra said:

uhm, no? I spent 150 keys just to get better stones and i only got hexagonal ONCE. That's just not fair. Imagine you'd win a lottery because you paid 20 tickets with 10 € each, just to find out it were only 10 € in the jackpot. It's no use if you can buy the same lottery tickets for a longer time then...

Fail example as the lottery can fail you even for 100/1000/10000 tickets bought. 

12 minutes ago, TobyandToby said:

yeah the real fix is how to make rich guys happy so that they won't buyout NCSOFT and fired the dumb developers.

The Real fix ( and the reality itself) is how they will keep themselves safe from breaching any kind of law. I hope i covered you!

Legit class action lawsuit coming if they do any less than refund every key spent on trying to get an item it was impossible to get. I don't think this is one they ll be able to sneak there way out of. Not me trash talking them, i love the game and the effort they put into it. Im just fairly certain any less than that leaves them open for legal trouble. Lets see what happens  

17 minutes ago, Baby Vivie said:

what was sketchy other then maybe no one saw a hept drop?  nothing was false in what was advertised other then no one saw hept drops.  there was no percentages on anything.  there was no guarantee on anything or stated that there would be, just a list of possible drops.  and only 1 thing didnt drop for anyone, the hepta gems, something that most whales already have or better then.  As for making a profit, trove has never been about making the player profit, its nice somethings are sealed and sell-able, but its never been about making a player gold.  The purpose of trove is to get people stuff they may or may not need cheaply over all, so players can spend cash to get boosted stat wise quickly, IF THEY CHOSE TO, kinda like RNG boxes, but with a bigger list and you can chose what you get out of each drop.  i know of many people who got 50 raven king souls for 30g, those are 200 give or take a pop on the market.  many who got 100 evolved stones for 30 gold, and many other drops for super mega good deal cheap.  just because you want to jump on the band wagon and cry more, fine, stay off the forums unless you have something productive or helpful for others to read.  not this cry baby stuff about how you thinks its a crime, or comp should be ungoldy for your time or lil cash you spent.  I spent 200 on this one, 300 on last one, didnt get crap in either.  waaaah waaaah, stop crying.  

how about instead of crying, you give helpful ideas to what would be a fair reasonable comp that does not involve rollback and screwing over a lot of other players who may have been farming for something 50 runs a day or more for last 2 weeks and finally got the drop they wanted.  Stop thinking of only yourself and what you think is right or wrong, when no one really cares cause its not all about you and your wants.  stop acting like a fool i dealt with this morning that said 50raven souls for 30 is cheaper for feathers then the 30/30 drops for feathers with out doing the math first.  

FYI 50 raven king souls for 30g for those after feathers is 2.2g each (most forget that it is 5g per transmute) while the 30/30 is just that 30/30 = 1g each

False Advertising..... and Whales want the Heptas.. thats why they put cash in the trove. If u buy something and u never have the chance to get it, thats not a fraud? Thats not a reason for a full compensation?

The thing is we players pay to get the keys and we got the product. The keys are a chance at getting something in Trove and we were fully aware of the risks. However, there was no probability stated anywhere that you would be guaranteed to get a specific item(s). Nor did they advertise it so.  Additionally, we would have never found out about the issue; if they had not announced that this was, in fact, a mistake on their end. So just be thankful that they are fixing it and willing to compensate those who spent money on keys. They're trying to fix the game without breaking the game. A full refund or compensation would be like saying you gambled with your money and you lost. Now you want your money back. I wholeheartedly agree with everything Baby Vivie has said.

Archived