XIGNCODE3 ?

z Siegrain

There is a law that says murder is illegal. However there is no law that says its illegal to provide information willingly. If there was then things like Anti-Virus, job applications, giving your info (name/address/phone) would be illegal. Its only illegal if you DO NOT consent, which you do consent by having the software installed and clicking that "ACCEPT" button.

Blade and Soul had a team of lawyers that made their ToS for them to make sure they can't be sued.

Regarding BLIZZARD, the only reason they had a lawsuit (almost 20 years ago) is because they didn't have a clause that stated they will collect information and did any way, which BnS do have such clause.

" In 1998, Donald P. Driscoll, an Albany, California attorney filed a suit on behalf of Intervention, Inc., a California consumer group against Blizzard Entertainment for "unlawful business practices" for the action of collecting data from a user's computer without their permission."

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah well, this spyware kinda helped me to quit the game. After uninstalling it I also had to delete something in the registry and a .sys file in the windows folder... a place where no game ever should put anything.... I just find it perplexing that a company can install spyware on my computer without asking me... OOOOOR you could just use the workaround, just like you did with GameGuard.

@Joezilla In EU there is a funny thing called "General Data Protection Regulation" that is going to be enforced since May 2018. This regulation is not only applied to the companies residing in EU but to anyone who collects or process data of any EU resident.

It says that:

Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed ('data minimisation');

If it's true that xigncode3 search the whole disc and monitor what files are you opening or what application do you use, then it's hardly "limited to what is necessary".

It also says that:
Personal data shall be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is
necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.

So keeping logs of used apps/accessed files that are not related to BnS is against this regulation.

It might also violate the limitations for transfering personal data into non-EU countries introduced in GDPR if it sends personal data to wellbia (which is located in South Korea).

I know nothing of EU law and if xigncode3 some how violates that then they have almost a year (when they enforce it) to change that. However they can continue with what they are currently doin.

Personal data (data the identify a neutral person) shall be adequate (acceptable quantity), relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes (detection of unacceptable 3rd party programs) for which they are processed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, according to what you said, if BnS tells you that they will collect data for detection of a cheat type program (which it currently does), then they can collect information (nothing more nothing less) for that reason and can't use that same information for anything else. 

People act as if Blade and Soul are the only people that does this... ANY multiplayer game that has an anti cheat program collects data. Hell, even websites collect some form of data (IP, location, browser history). 

I'm pretty sure Google logs your search history. Even your ISP can monitor (maybe collect not 100% sure, but I think they do) your internet traffic.

Can any of you shouting "quitting, laws and spying" prove at all that this program does any of that?  You have all seemed to have read some reddit post by a guy with no other posts and believed the conspiracy.  Do you realise that most anti cheats "vac,warden,punkbuster,esea" all do the same thing, they all read what is running on your pc and send that data back to the server, to match it to a list of hashes basically. There are a lot of claims of some type of keylogger or rootkit, How can this program be a keylogger with the amount of data being sent from the program.  All those "im going to quit over this" may aswell throw out your pc, cause windows is apparently spying on everything you do too.  Id like to see any of you take the time a prove that this program is not legit and is doing any of these things you claim.  Cause as far as i can see with my own research there is nothing at all out of the ordinary being done.

20 minutes ago, goatstew said:

Can any of you shouting "quitting, laws and spying" prove at all that this program does any of that?  You have all seemed to have read some reddit post by a guy with no other posts and believed the conspiracy.  Do you realise that most anti cheats "vac,warden,punkbuster,esea" all do the same thing, they all read what is running on your pc and send that data back to the server, to match it to a list of hashes basically. There are a lot of claims of some type of keylogger or rootkit, How can this program be a keylogger with the amount of data being sent from the program.  All those "im going to quit over this" may aswell throw out your pc, cause windows is apparently spying on everything you do too.  Id like to see any of you take the time a prove that this program is not legit and is doing any of these things you claim.  Cause as far as i can see with my own research there is nothing at all out of the ordinary being done.

Well.. I have been trying to find something positive to say about it, so far I have found nothing. On the Internet you should always go with the "guilty until proven innocent" attitude not the other way around. This program is very suspicious and it disturbs me that I can't really find anything positive about it.

If you try to check what's going on with some debugging tool like procmon it will immediately shut itself down (and bns will refuse to even start after that until you restart the entire OS). I don't wanna make any claims yet but this is exactly what dubious spyware would do. Just to verify what it's doing, you'd have to go the same lengths as if you were analyzing relatively sophisticated malware.

On a side note, this absolutely sucks balls if you happen to be a software developer, because of course you're gonna have a bunch of powerful debugging tools on your machine, duh. I'm really pissed off right now.

33 minutes ago, Joezilla said:

I know nothing of EU law and if xigncode3 some how violates that then they have almost a year (when they enforce it) to change that. However they can continue with what they are currently doin.

Yes, they can but they might end up wasting time/money on something they will need to remove (or shut down EU servers & block EU IPs for NA servers).

36 minutes ago, Joezilla said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, according to what you said, if BnS tells you that they will collect data for detection of a cheat type program (which it currently does), then they can collect information (nothing more nothing less) for that reason and can't use that same information for anything else. 

The point is even if they say that, they still can`t collect "any" data. They can only collect data that are related and are neccessary to detect cheat type programs.

40 minutes ago, Joezilla said:

People act as if Blade and Soul are the only people that does this... ANY multiplayer game that has an anti cheat program collects data. Hell, even websites collect some form of data (IP, location, browser history). 

It's not important if they are only people doing this or not. "Others do it too" doesn't make it legal. Btw mentioning websites: they can't access browser history that easily and to get location they need to ask for permision first or guess it based on IP address. But anyway even those websites will need to collect/process data in compliance with GDPR. I'm pretty sure many websites are going to need to make some changes because of that.

50 minutes ago, Joezilla said:

Even you ISP can monitor (maybe collect not sure I'm sure they do) your internet traffic.

They are able to monitor your internet traffic. That doesn't mean they are allowed to do that.

The point I'm getting across is than an individual said in thread said that them monitoring pc was illegal and used murder as an example in attempt to support their reasoning. which I responded that if you click "Agree" you are saying that the can monitor your HDD, RAM, CPU, and a couple other things. That individual later brought up Blizzard and Data collection. It went from monitoring  to data collecting which was brought up, and me saying collecting data on 3rd party programs (that was my bad), but they do when it comes to storing your credit card info (how else can you buy NCoin in game quickly without re-entering your info).

If anything a large company doing is illegal then they will have lawyers on that like flys on crap because of money. In the Blizzard incident it took them seven days with the release of StarCraft to be hit them with a lawsuit. BnS had been here with their ToS longer than that. So if something fishy was going on I'm sure we will all hear about it on some news article or some crap. Unless there is a loophole that is yet to be found.

Also (least here in the US) ISP can monitor your traffic and sometimes even required to. Do they? Doubtful. Just like I doubt most people even cared to look at BnS's User agreement (reminds me of that South Park episode). I'll admit I read it once when it came down to people sharing accounts, and I had to look at it again when someone said BnS monitoring your PC was illegal. 

My uncle had his internet shut off around 10 years ago without warning for downloading a bootleg video. He got it back cause he told a untruthful story. lol 

16 minutes ago, Joezilla said:

The point I'm getting across is than an individual said in thread said that them monitoring pc was illegal and used murder as an example in attempt to support their reasoning. which I responded that if you click "Agree" you are saying that the can monitor your HDD, RAM, CPU, and a couple other things. That individual later brought up Blizzard and Data collection. It went from monitoring  to data collecting which was brought up, and me saying collecting data on 3rd party programs (that was my bad), but they do when it comes to storing your credit card info (how else can you buy NCoin in game quickly without re-entering your info).

If anything a large company doing is illegal then they will have lawyers on that like flys on crap because of money. In the Blizzard incident it took them seven days with the release of StarCraft to be hit them with a lawsuit. BnS had been here with their ToS longer than that. So if something fishy was going on I'm sure we will all hear about it on some news article or some crap. Unless there is a loophole that is yet to be found.

Also (least here in the US) ISP can monitor your traffic and sometimes even required to. Do they? Doubtful. Just like I doubt most people even cared to look at BnS's User agreement (reminds me of that South Park episode). I'll admit I read it once when it came down to people sharing accounts, and I had to look at it again when someone said BnS monitoring your PC was illegal. 

My uncle had his internet shut off around 10 years ago without warning for downloading a bootleg video. He got it back cause he told a untruthful story. lol 

Your ISP is most likely monitoring your traffic and have to provide it to legal authorities if required to do so yes. But in other cases, they can't access those data for any other reason and if they are doing so, they are gonna be in trouble.

That said, NCSoft still has to follow all the EU laws concerning data collection, and in that regard, they are doing poorly. Prior to collect user data they have to inform the users what data they are collecting, which they didn't say anything and people have to guess what is going on. That means that even if people "agree" to the ToS, NCSoft didn't provide enough informations for its users.

then have it save to a text file and not pull the amount of data it dose lol isp logs but rly how u type what u look at what u dl prossess that are filling up pfctl with errors lol i better get a cloned ssd handy so i ant got to format after this shit gonzo

I'm positive that they do follow any law regarding what information they collect and monitor. Again I'm sure Blade and Soul has a team of lawyers that protect them from any possible lawsuits that one can come up with. Lawyers (in most cases) are the ones that drafts ToS in the first place to cover the legal issues. If that poses a problem to anyone then you can remove the "issue" by removing the game, plain and simple. Its just an alternative to Game Guard, or any other anti-cheat software out there and no one complained what they did.

I have a mid-range media laptop, does run the game ok. Since this xignthing  patch the game starts slower and actually logging in from character screen does not happen most of the time - no problem before patch. They are not getting a single cent out of me if this persists.

0 problems for me with this new patch. Game is still running the same as before (same ping, same fps, everything same.)

Maybe because I never install or use other external software/programs with this game?

why the hell they ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed up everything again. they got more new players and lots of old players back. and right after they arrive, they ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up their game again. gameguard caused lots of troubles in the past, but at the end it was acceptable. and at least if nothing helped, u could bypass it. now with this xigncode3 shit, its worst case. u cant do shit against it. it takes cpu usage and it randomly writes stuff onto your hdd, what slows down your system by a lot. maybe guys with highend machines dont rly notice, but even on their computers the decrease is huge. do they even care about ppl? do they even test something they throw out to ppl? are there even employes for such things as QA? it seems the more money they earn, the less they care about as long as the money flows.... im rly rly disapointed about recent patch and if nothing changes, i have to leave this game, because im not going to buy a new computer, only because they change their anticheat shit and turn a running game into crap !

Ok... Im propaably gonna be hated becouse of what i gonna said now, but: Personally i think Xingcode3 is good idea. Its used by most KOR, CH, and JAP MMO servers, and it works just fine. Few days ago 1 guy even writte on faction chat how he edit files and how eassly other players can do that, becouse BnS have shitty anti-cheat program. If you try to tell me that Xingcode3 kick you becouse of using Razor`s product then your totally mistaken. I played many korean MMO, which use Xingcode3 and was NEVER kicked becouse of it (ocasionally got dc becouse of losing connection with VPN gate). Just STOP USING MACRO and you dont have problem. All who wanna said something about VPN: i writte a moment ago: i played games using it even when Xingcode3 was used by it. I dont wanna to offend someone, or be rude, but if you cant acces game at all its propably becouse of edited file (cheating). And i dont think Xingcode3 watch all time what you do on your PC. its opened when your game is opened, and closed after game is closed. Ofc sometimes it can stay open in services. just ctr+alt+del and close it there if your afraid.

14 minutes ago, Irisdina said:

Ok... Im propaably gonna be hated becouse of what i gonna said now, but: Personally i think Xingcode3 is good idea. Its used by most KOR, CH, and JAP MMO servers, and it works just fine. Few days ago 1 guy even writte on faction chat how he edit files and how eassly other players can do that, becouse BnS have shitty anti-cheat program. If you try to tell me that Xingcode3 kick you becouse of using Razor`s product then your totally mistaken. I played many korean MMO, which use Xingcode3 and was NEVER kicked becouse of it (ocasionally got dc becouse of losing connection with VPN gate). Just STOP USING MACRO and you dont have problem. All who wanna said something about VPN: i writte a moment ago: i played games using it even when Xingcode3 was used by it. I dont wanna to offend someone, or be rude, but if you cant acces game at all its propably becouse of edited file (cheating). And i dont think Xingcode3 watch all time what you do on your PC. its opened when your game is opened, and closed after game is closed. Ofc sometimes it can stay open in services. just ctr+alt+del and close it there if your afraid.

the funny thing is, xign does NOT prevent editing files or using macros. the only thing i noticed was just the huge performance decrease, thats all. and if u close xign in taskmanager, the game crashes, so u cant :p

1. somewhere on reddit is already topic from 1 guy which cry about XIngcode3, becouse he cant play with his edited files, so i think it protect.

2. if it dont you wanna tell me its EU and US community which MUST use macro and cheats (ofc im not telling about EVERYONE), when ppl in Asia (at least most of them) can play without something like this? Nice. i just got enlighted. Sad thing is that you realized me such a cruel thing...

for example, i dont call enabling dps meter a cheat, but the same editor is able to edit the global cd which indeed is a cheat. and its still possible. also my logitec software still is able to use some macros like mainspam combo etc... i just wrote them for boring ssp farming and i even only use it while im going backward, but its still a working macro ^^ so, xign does shit beside making things worse. and no, its not only eu/na which are cheating. most of cheats first coming from asia, as most of youtube videos approve, if u take time to look after ^^ 

Archived