XIGNCODE3 ?

z Siegrain

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the update and at first it didn't allow me to enter the game. Twice it kicked me out of game before the character screen giving me error 0xe019100b.

From their help file: (which BTW doesn't open on either my default Chrome, nor on W10's Microsoft Edge. It digs out.... INTERNET EXPLORER!)

"This error code occurs from detection of program usage irrelevant to the game. If the problem consists, please contact support@wellbia.com with your xigncode.log file attachment. We will get back to you as soon as possible." (yeah, if the problem 'consists".....)

I don't use VPNs but I use Steam for controller support. I also have evga Precision X and Auto Hot Key on auto start up, the latter because I use it's borderless window script on other programs. Anyway, I first thought it was blocking Steam or Prec X, the two applications I do need always on when playing, but it seems to be blocking only Auto Hot Key. Turning that one off allowed me to go in game. AHK may be seen as a bad program because it can be indeed used for cheating if you use certain scripts. Things like Auto clickers and anything else that may be used as a macro may also be tagged. Heck, maybe even stuff like uMod (yes, the texture replacer!) could be seen as malicious too. No idea about VPNs. HOPEFULLY those aren't touched, because improved ping is not cheating IMO.

So my only advice for now is to try to access the game first with as few programs open as possible. Go to your taskbar and see what you can switch off for the time being. Other than that, and as feedback to NCSoft, please look for other ways to deal with cheating, fraud and whatever you want to protect your games from. This software may be even making user computers MORE vulnerable because of backdoors and dubious mechanics

Update: 

My problem was fixed after reinstalling BNS. Piggybacking on my old post, my FPS was dropped terribly. But that was my solution...I have no idea if reinstalling BnS and re-downloading everything will work for everyone. 

Good luck,

Kevyn

Dear anti-Xigncode3 players. 
I'm very happy to see this Xigncode, finally, is released. I'm an old player of this game, I have played since it is in close beta. 
I played kfm and BM, and playing BD. For example about KFM class, it is very hard to learn how to 3rf at that time. But with macro, people can do it super easy. And I quit that game from there when there is no thing to do - max items, max achievement, full costume... and now, people don't need to learn how to deal with class technique.
This game was turned into a Chinese game which people just spend time and money to play. It was not necessary to practice anything. Who has good ping and bank balance will win.
I have just been back, still not using the thing you call Macro. I learned again how to play BD; practice RF is hard, still easier than 3rf of KFM. Now we are equal, no more third party. All are skills. You may have better ping than me, but you can't control your class well. 
Today I feel that. I seldom get the triple special from basin bosses, but now I can it, double drop. I'm so happy with Xigncode.
Thank BnS hahahaahaahaha
P/S: You see every time you stun/daze, there must be a guy do air. Maybe he/she is a newbie, maybe he/she is using Macro, turn on the auto knock up. Now I don't see the knock up anymore. May I blame on Macro? hahaha

All I see in here is that some people freak out when they can't use some of the external softwares/programs along with the game. Some people even freak out when they have 160-200ms ping now and making excuses to remove this new patch so that they can continue to cheat.

13 minutes ago, BlueWhale said:

I have just been back, still not using the thing you call Macro. I learned again how to play BD; practice RF is hard, still easier than 3rf of KFM. Now we are equal, no more third party. All are skills. You may have better ping than me, but you can't control your class well. 
Today I feel that. I seldom get the triple special from basin bosses, but now I can it, double drop. I'm so happy with Xigncode.
Thank BnS hahahaahaahaha

They increased the boss hp while lowering the amount of damage you needed to do to qualify for special. That isn't something Xigncode is helping with. That's just an ingame change to fix a flawed system. They also made it so that you can buy special pouches for 1800 peaches.

Don't expect xigncode3 to protect you against 3rd party software users. Any player wanting to bypass xigncode3, as he/she used to do with GameGuard, can find a (free, available on network) working way to play without this GameGuard substitute.

So, as for GameGuard, this anti-cheat system is going to annoy more legit players than cheaters/modders/geek rebels.

The real way to fight against cheaters and robots are discreet house made protections. Use your brain, devs, don't be lazy ;)

4 hours ago, BlueWhale said:

I'm very happy to see this Xigncode, finally, is released. I'm an old player of this game, I have played since it is in close beta. 
I played kfm and BM, and playing BD. For example about KFM class, it is very hard to learn how to 3rf at that time. But with macro, people can do it super easy. And I quit that game from there when there is no thing to do - max items, max achievement, full costume... and now, people don't need to learn how to deal with class technique.
This game was turned into a Chinese game which people just spend time and money to play. It was not necessary to practice anything. Who has good ping and bank balance will win.
Thank BnS hahahaahaahaha
P/S: You see every time you stun/daze, there must be a guy do air. Maybe he/she is a newbie, maybe he/she is using Macro, turn on the auto knock up. Now I don't see the knock up anymore. May I blame on Macro? hahaha

While I'm happy that you feel cheaters have been dealt with (though I seriously doubt it), the problem I worry more about is the honest people who do not cheat but cannot play properly because the new software either erroneously boots them out, or they get instability and performance issues. These are the people the devs should be helping. If the software does indeed remove the ability for some to cheat, then it is doing it's intended job. BUT, it shouldn't do so at the cost of also hampering the gameplay of those who play fair.

Lastly, we know real cheaters already know ways to bypass all these systems, so in the end, I feel this software will affect more honest people who don't know how to fix their problem because they don't cheat. In my case, I managed to solve my problem, but if I couldn't, I was not going to surf the net for a cheat way to bypass the software. I'd just be forced to leave the game entirely until a future update allowed me to re-join.

Other than that, this is sadly the nature of game updates. Some updates may make the game unplayable for a group of people or the other, cheaters or not.

I haven't updated the game yet so I can't be sure, but after some digging on internet, I found out many players on different games are complaining the most about not able to set up macros, inject .dll, or not able to open certain programs simultaneously. Keep in mind though, those are in fact a form of hacking even if it's not harmful (except the program thingy, depends on what programs are running).

However, the fact that X3 is a lot more intrusive than GameGuard and logs my information is annoying, even though I don't really care about my web history (isp's already know), or my application history like what programs I opened. I'm more concerned about more critical information like accounts and passwords, who knows when my passwords and such will leak through them in the case of cyber attack?

44 minutes ago, ScarletAcacia said:

I haven't updated the game yet so I can't be sure, but after some digging on internet, I found out many players on different games are complaining the most about not able to set up macros, inject .dll, or not able to open certain programs simultaneously. Keep in mind though, those are in fact a form of hacking even if it's not harmful (except the program thingy, depends on what programs are running).

However, the fact that X3 is a lot more intrusive than GameGuard and logs my information is annoying, even though I don't really care about my web history (isp's already know), or my application history like what programs I opened. I'm more concerned about more critical information like accounts and passwords, who knows when my passwords and such will leak through them in the case of cyber attack?

X3 itself won't log/steal your passwords. It's not a key logger after all. The problem are the reports of it making your computer vulnerable to such attacks from malicious users. Now I personally don't know of any such attack so this info may be a hoax or just a scare to keep the whole "big companies are evil" gag going. But, when a program can access the network in ways we, the owners of the PCs, don't know for sure, many theories can come afloat. I personally don't feel too safe running bnS with that X3 program around doing who knows what in the background uninterrupted. But my worry is not the program's actions themselves, but any bugs and mistakes on it that may open backdoors to true malicious software.

Xigncode3... 

I used to play another game called EOS that uses this software... and it is the worse of all game guards... he will randomly crash your game just by using your keyboard/mouse/headphones software... (I do use Logitech peripherals...) and guess what? I ended up quitting that game once I knew how does this "Game Guard" works... and I remember that game was filled with bots and cheaters anyways.

When I started my game today and tried to do my daily purple dungeons run could feel it on how my game was more laggy and my fps were being dropped more than usual... so all is left for us is wait and see if ncsoft comes with a better solution about this problem they have brought themselves.

-1  To the Spyware Software ncsfot have given us in our computers...

1 hour ago, Fatalito said:

X3 itself won't log/steal your passwords. It's not a key logger after all. The problem are the reports of it making your computer vulnerable to such attacks from malicious users. Now I personally don't know of any such attack so this info may be a hoax or just a scare to keep the whole "big companies are evil" gag going. But, when a program can access the network in ways we, the owners of the PCs, don't know for sure, many theories can come afloat. I personally don't feel too safe running bnS with that X3 program around doing who knows what in the background uninterrupted. But my worry is not the program's actions themselves, but any bugs and mistakes on it that may open backdoors to true malicious software.

yea, just like what u said there, I'm really concerned that it might be the link for some srs attack.

1 hour ago, Fatalito said:

Info from a friend who wanted to post this himself, but BnS has not sent him his validation email. Quoted below.

I'm pretty annoyed that they'd force this on us without any warning or asking, and after spending so many hours and actual money, I'd hope they're not installing spyware on my computer.

That said, I did some testing. This anticheat installs a driver (it's basically a rootkit...) which does indeed scan various things.

However, I did some packet sniffing, and it doesn't seem to actually send any data anywhere. The only thing I've seen in the past hour are what seem like version checks or control codes, and possibly some kind of heartbeat. No files or file structure seem to be sent, from what I can tell.

Do your own sniffing if you're curious. It doesn't take much skill or effort. Just gotta know how to make sense of the output. WireShark is a helluva drug.

Well done NCSoft. Once again you've broken the law. By LAW you must notify users on install/update that you are installing a rootkit like this. Hope you enjoy losing all your money you've earned from the whales from the massive legal actions coming your way.

Why everyone is crying, I guess whos crying is hackers cheators, macros.. play without Your stupid mouse macros.

WTFAST is working for me , and all is fine, so Im happy that they are trying to stop that shit hackers and macros..

@AmatsuDF

First off Its not a "rootkit." Look it up.

Secondly, you should Read section 7.d in Privacy and Data Protection when you log in. Long story short, they NCSoft has the right, but not Obligated to monitor Communications, Storage Devices, RAM, or CPU from a machine that you use with the game and by clicking accept your are agreeing to this. Its even in all in caps. Its been like for as long as I can remember. So read the ToS before you (try to) start a lawsuit.

Casual F2P PVE'er here, haven't touched PVP and never will.

Playtime with GameGuard was nice. Was able to play for 12-18 hours straight (some of those hours was me afking for a bit). Never experienced a single DC ever.

After this Xigncode got installed, playtime drastically dropped to 1 hour or less before it slowed down, and finally DC. Have logged in 3 times now, and about to log-in again.

Ping was the same when compared to GameGuard.

Haven't installed any Macro, VPN, WTFast or any of that stuff. Laptop is on the low-end, but can manage the game with some minor tweaks to the settings and as long as I avoid big crowd. 

1 hour ago, Joezilla said:

@AmatsuDF

First off Its not a "rootkit." Look it up.

Secondly, you should Read section 7.d in Privacy and Data Protection when you log in. Long story short, they NCSoft has the right, but not Obligated to monitor Communications, Storage Devices, RAM, or CPU from a machine that you use with the game and by clicking accept your are agreeing to this. Its even in all in caps. Its been like for as long as I can remember. So read the ToS before you (try to) start a lawsuit.

The wording of a EULA doesn't matter if it's illegal.

It's perfectly legal if you have Blade and Soul installed on your computer and agree to it since you click the "Agree" button. If you don't agree to this then you have the right to uninstall the "Game" (Since game is defined as any software provided by NCSoft which includes Xigncode). That ToS is typical for any online game that detects cheats including Call of Duty and Battlefield, yet they can't be sued because you agree to their Terms. 

A good example is trespassing is illegal, yet if your invited on to the property its perfectly legal until you are no longer welcome. Same with BnS you "invite" BnS onto your computer with them saying they will do what I mentioned, until the software is longer welcome. Therefore you uninstall the game.

22 minutes ago, Joezilla said:

It's perfectly legal

No, it is not. You can't agree for something that is illegal. You can't buy killing some1 even if he agree. Same is with online companies. Even Blizzard had to act according to local law and change various of things.

Archived