FPS drops, lag spikes, overall terrible performance

Hey guys, I've made this post just becouse i dont know what to do anymore to make this game run smoother. I'm having terrible lag spikes and fps drops from 120 to 50 in literally one second, even if i have ''Hide Characters'' turned on. So when i first started looking for solutions I opened my task manager and noticed my ram usage slowly going up, first when i start the game its sits on around 4GB usage, which is pretty okay and normal, but as i play longer it starts going up and after around 3 hours of play time its already on 11GB which is just too much, so i dont know whats up with that. Second, ive put the graphics setting on ''optimize for combat'' but there were still FPS drops, i even set resolution from 1080p to 480p and there were still freezes every 5 seconds. Third, ive been monitoring my CPU and GPU usage, CPU is around 60% and GPU is around 50% which isnt normal. I've tried putting my GPU to max performance mode and nothing changed. I'm running the game on 64bit client so the 32bit is not the case. When i watch some BnS youtube videos i can see how their game runs so smooth even in intense dungeon boss fights. I think my PC is more than enough to play this game on max at atleast 60fps. I will appreciate some suggestions to make the game run smoother, Thanks!

My PC specs are:

CPU: i5-4460

GPU: GTX 970 OC

RAM: 16GB

try:

window mode-> alt+enter

some ppl said this can help.

alternativly just set some high resolution which cover almost whole screen (dunno which gonna be for you) and set on window mode. My friend use this method and his FPS raise from 60 to 80.

17 hours ago, Irisdina said:

try:

window mode-> alt+enter

some ppl said this can help.

alternativly just set some high resolution which cover almost whole screen (dunno which gonna be for you) and set on window mode. My friend use this method and his FPS raise from 60 to 80.

nope, its even worse now :/

try to use some program like "CCleaner" mayby, and clean your registery files. you can have there TONS of usless trash, and errors. Using "Auslogic Disk Defrag Free" or some other similar program (i recommand this one) can help too.

Also check if you dont have opened some programs you dont need like "GOG", "Steam", etc.

Oh and you can search for some game optimalizer program (look at your video card developer site or if you have Geforce you have this already on disc (its installed with drivers). Use this to optimalize game to your PC settings.

if this dont help try "appe planet" method. Try setting some high settings, and talk to some NPC, then make them lower. sometimes its not even needed to lower them.

You can also try change game from game between 64x and 32x version.

12 minutes ago, Irisdina said:

try to use some program like "CCleaner" mayby, and clean your registery files. you can have there TONS of usless trash, and errors. Using "Auslogic Disk Defrag Free" or some other similar program (i recommand this one) can help too.

Also check if you dont have opened some programs you dont need like "GOG", "Steam", etc.

Oh and you can search for some game optimalizer program (look at your video card developer site or if you have Geforce you have this already on disc (its installed with drivers). Use this to optimalize game to your PC settings.

if this dont help try "appe planet" method. Try setting some high settings, and talk to some NPC, then make them lower. sometimes its not even needed to lower them.

You can also try change game from game between 64x and 32x version.

highly doubt i have any trash files, i only have discord, steam, chrome and some games on my pc but ill try anyway, thanks!

oh and since you mentioned about switching between 64bit and 32bit version, i tried but it gives me an error when starting the 32bit...

steam and discord are one of programs which have tendency to download temperary files and dont delete them. But they are not as bad as GoG (its program kinda similar to steam). They`r updates can also put some small errors, into registery files.

Archived