Forums

Is Blade and Soul Worth Playing in 2017? A Blade and Soul Review

ByteStix

Hey everyone!

So I get asked all the time whether or not Blade and Soul is worth playing and I often just tell them "Yeah." - However, I decided to go into more detail as to why I believe it's worth playing today in video-form. Let me know what you think: 

If you'd prefer a text-form version of the review, then you can read it here: http://www.mmobyte.tv/blade-and-soul-review-is-it-worth-playing-in-2017/

Thank you for your time! 
Regards,

Stix.

Yes, the game has instances, but IMHO it's done right.  They're used to set the stage for the story for one.  For example, at one point you sneak into a cave to get the bad guy and come out and the entire area has changed as your backup has arrived and is attacking his minions. (Sorry, I cant remember the names. lol)  Another example would be Celestial Plains when the environment changes.  I suppose no instancing would be better, but not a whole lot.

Solid points are being made here.

The char customization is really good, despite there being some aspects to the toons that ruin the overall appeal of certain races. The face menu is extensive. Almost Skyrim+creation menu mod level of extensive, which is a very big plus.

The only major complaint I have about this game is the latency. An MMO experience is 100% dependent on two factors - fps and ping. FPS can be fixed player side, via CPU/RAM upgrades, but there's not much that we can do about the ping. Even the best providers that have 5-6ms latency from the mediterranean coast to Germany, clock at 150-250 ms ping in this game. In Korea it's most likely not a problem, considering how small the country is, but here in the big continents, it's a real problem that should be properly addressed as it's an issue that brought down more MMOs than I care to remember. This kind of ping would be acceptable on say Lineage 2, where the combat system isn't so timing sensitive, but here it's a no no.

Archived