Forums

General KFM Inquiries

Ellaheh

Hi Everyone,

I am currently a Lvl. 50 HM 6 KFM (my only character - so its my main) which is a huge personal accomplishment to me. Looking forward to hitting HM 10 and above in the next 3-4 weeks or so.

I also wanted to say that the community thus far has been fantastic and that I've met tons of wonderful people throughout my journey. 

Currently, my character is at the point where he has the True Ivorymoon Stage 10 Gauntlet and is getting ready to upgrade to Seraph (Legendary). I mostly interested in Tanking PvE as Fire (thought it might be relevant to include this if it helps any of you with your responses). I have been doing some research on the Seraph weapon, but couldn't find a clear answer to my question, which is:

When I have selected for example, Seraph Stage 7 as my end point for evolution and my True Ivorymoon Gauntlet Stage 10 as my starting point, is it only for the purposes of showing me the materials needed to get it that far? I.e. does that mean when I collect all the materials needed for that evolution and stage, it will evolve to seraph and then I manually advance it to stage 7 (as has been done so far with everything). This is the logical case for me and I hope I am correct with that.

Another thing is that I have made my own competitive clan (just me at the moment). That being said, I was wondering if there is someone out there who can give me some tips in this thread on what I should really focus on, now that I am HM 6.

With much appreciation,

Ellaheh (Zayd)

Update: All questions above have been answered in general discussion.

Let me know if any further questions pop up, always happy to help. ^_^

If you do not mind the question: did you end up going Seraph or Baleful?

Because Seraph seems to me to be the choice for wind PvE, not fire. o.o'

17 hours ago, Shuchin said:

Let me know if any further questions pop up, always happy to help. ^_^

If you do not mind the question: did you end up going Seraph or Baleful?

Because Seraph seems to me to be the choice for wind PvE, not fire. o.o'

Awesome! Thank you for offering the helping hand. Much Appreciated.

I decided to go Seraph. I liked its fire bonuses. Although, you are probably right that its better for wind. Who knows, maybe one day I'll switch back to wind, but that wont be anytime soon hah.

I am going to be focusing purely on PvE tanking as well. I didn't like Baleful for some reason...idk, something just didn't click with me when I did some research on it.

Seraph for KFM is a very special choice. I made one because it looked amazing but now I got the Holy Fire soul Badge from Tower of Infinity which allows me to rf rf rf forever since my x cd is lower than the badge proc effect (6sec cyclone kick available). My rf rate is 2 per second (rfrf) and on a dummy I can go for 60k+ dps currently only anicanceling (no tremor, no hm soul, no blue buff, only msp soul shield). I switched my camera angle last night while rf-ing a dummy and IT LOOKED Amazing ! And yes, it is like having the sb after effect where you can rf rf for 10sec.

Imo, You should go Baleful for Fire because it refreshes your Cds upon 10 darkness stacks (procs on hit only) because Seraph is being hit only procs.

But you could also go Baleful for Wind if you want to keep using the 2rf wind rotation which isnt bad either.

On 5/17/2017 at 8:47 AM, Lee Ryu said:

Seraph for KFM is a very special choice. I made one because it looked amazing but now I got the Holy Fire soul Badge from Tower of Infinity which allows me to rf rf rf forever since my x cd is lower than the badge proc effect (6sec cyclone kick available). My rf rate is 2 per second (rfrf) and on a dummy I can go for 60k+ dps currently only anicanceling (no tremor, no hm soul, no blue buff, only msp soul shield). I switched my camera angle last night while rf-ing a dummy and IT LOOKED Amazing ! And yes, it is like having the sb after effect where you can rf rf for 10sec.

Imo, You should go Baleful for Fire because it refreshes your Cds upon 10 darkness stacks (procs on hit only) because Seraph is being hit only procs.

But you could also go Baleful for Wind if you want to keep using the 2rf wind rotation which isnt bad either.

Honestly, I'm not really interested in Baleful. It just doesn't suit what I envision my character to be. I like the HP regen from Seraph and I've outlived players who are HM 12 and above in PvE environments (and Im approaching HM 8), that is also because I am mainly defense (tank) and not offense. I still do relatively good DPS though.

I'm also a big Roleplayer as well (don't judge) and it goes with my character's name in the sense that a "Seraph" is an angelic being and my name is "Ellaheh" which is a variant name for Archangel.

Cannot trump the roleplay advantage of the Seraph name, and the clearly better looks (if you do not reskin anway), but there might be a 3rd alternative concerning survivability:

Galaxy weapon provides a lot of survivabilty in the form of HP leech and increased vitality stat. It has relatively fast skill resets, which also reset potion cooldown I think, and the ten stack buff is huge for HP regen and defense.

So even though it is about 10% below damage output of the same AP Seraph/Baleful, it has a lot of survival benefit. Nowadays upgrade cost for Seraph are a lot cheaper though, so maybe it's not enough value. Plus it cannot be evolved in the West regions yet, whiler Seraph already has two options now...

Archived