"Social Clans"

Moonstruck

Am I the only one who thinks social clans shouldn't exist? I mean, it gives better reward then a low-rank clan, which means creating new clans is nearly impossible. Also, clans have rewards so players are most likely to join a clan, so social clans go against this...

If someone isn't happy with the clan rewards because he "can't have them", he just has to join a clan, he doesn't need a "social clan"...

It's for casual players that for some odd reason complained about having to work towards leveling a clan for benefits it seems.

At least that's my take on it.

But I also feel as though Social Clans are not needed.

Pros:

Costs 1g compared to Competitive's 10g to make.

Has space for 100 people compared to Competitive's 80.

Has the Summon Clan and teleport to clan member feature, same as Competitive.

Has MOTD edit, same as Competitive.

Requires no one to be on and have permission for people to join, simply find the clan in the clan search interface and join.

10 members required for 10% equipment upgrade discount, 10% mailing fee discount between members, 10% mailing fee discount for characters on the same account and members in th same clan, 5% equipment breakthrough and evolution discount.

Cons:

Only 1 kick is allowed per day.

You cannot disband the clan until all members have left or been kicked.

No crafting.

No uniform.

No ranking or permission system.

Cannot compete in Clan Wars.

My fellow clannies and I needed a clan for our alts, so the Social clan works well for that. If you're too lazy to manage a serious clan but still want the discounts from it, you can leech it in a social clan instead and without any management stress or reliance on someone else.

what i dont like is if i make a social clan anyone can join. Some friends and I tried to make one the next day we had all these random people in it. We decided not to stay with it and the only way to get out and rid of it is to make some strange person leader if they want the position XD but if they dont take the spot of leader then uh oh i cant leave it until someone does. If i create any sort of clan whether social or competitive i would like it to be my clan especially recruiting those i want in it. A better name for these social clans is community clan since anyone can just show up in it.

I would honestly prefer the developers work on a "character last log in date"system in the current clan management than to waste time and resources on making social clan which they know fully well that it ain't going to go well with everyone.

I mean even a mobile game has a character last log in date system to allow clan leaders to monitor inactive players and remove them to free slots up for new active players.

Right now this clan system that blade and soul have forces clan leaders to manually monitor and create alternative log in systems.

And worst of all 80 slots only?

To be honest, I actually don't care about the "pros and cons" of a social clans when you join it. As said earlier by Azurelis, clans are far from being perfect atm and we need the developers to work on the "competitive clan" more than anything else.

Also, the fact that a social clan gives better advantages than low rank clans makes less people actually interested in joining new clans. Therefore, creating new clans is pretty hard, and kind of a pain.

Unless you're accepting lower levels or lower ap people into your clan then I feel you can't really complain about social clans existing. All I see are people asking for xxxx amount of ap or hm levels to join their clan. I think social clans are great for those that are newer and want to get involved in the game, meet new people and for those people that don't gear up as fast and like to work at their own pace. Btw no one is being forced to join a competitive clan or social clan so I guess I just don't understand the issue. Competitive clans have features that social clans don't and vice versa. It's only right for them to try to make both balanced and not be biased.

9 hours ago, Shanetheillest said:

Unless you're accepting lower levels or lower ap people into your clan then I feel you can't really complain about social clans existing. All I see are people asking for xxxx amount of ap or hm levels to join their clan. I think social clans are great for those that are newer and want to get involved in the game, meet new people and for those people that don't gear up as fast and like to work at their own pace. Btw no one is being forced to join a competitive clan or social clan so I guess I just don't understand the issue. Competitive clans have features that social clans don't and vice versa. It's only right for them to try to make both balanced and not be biased.

Yes, I highly agree. With nearly all of the other clans requiring 650AP and up to join and what not. Many of these guys complaining about social clans. Don't even have one leg to stand on, on the issue.

You always see 2 or 3 clans recruiting anyone active though, and new clans don't ask for 800ap+

Fact is, the new clans growth as decreased a lot, and the clans rewards shouldn't be something you can get easily simply cause you "want to". The problem is, the rewards of Social Clans are better than those of low rank clans, which makes it harder to get people to donate and even join.

I still think that clan rewards are "join a clan or don't get them". I mean, it's clan rewards, no rewards for anyone crying to get those...

• 8 months later...

Archived