What is the Hongmoon training room for?

achika

I'm a little confused here. the Hongmoon training room, is a practice room right, "training".

I have never ran Sogun's Lament, therefore, I wanted to practice boss mechanics. I loaded up the Hongmoon training room. Loaded asura the boss. Put a target dummy to tank. But the boss spams the same move, over and over and over again. It doesn't do any move other than the first one, which is the flower poison one.

Now the poison flower move roots you to the ground, you can back step out of that and get one more poison flower, before your rooted to the ground again. Therefore, you can't get all four flowers, to stop this move from going off.

Therefore I cannot practice, boss mechanics, of this boss. Because he only does one move out of the five or so he uses. So how do I use the practice room, to practice?

i have 711ap and no Hongmoon skills, so obviously I can't solo him DPS wise.

I take it from these design aspects, this was never intended to be a practice room, a training room.

This is what,
what is this for?

Another aspect of the training room, three quarters of the move combos, that it teaches. I have already learned through leveling up. The ones I didn't know about, I spent so much time focusing on getting the start time correct. That it was highly frustrating, by the time I managed to get the combo complete. I was so annoyed, that I was glad it was over and done with.

It didn't help me work on the timing of the whole combo, instead I spent more time focusing on getting it started correctly and once I had that, praying I could finish it.

Now Normally I run at 100ms "in game ping", but it jumps to 100-190ms randomly when starting combat in and out of the training room, and then it teeters back to normal After a second. Which makes it extremely difficult to get the timing correct for these combos.

If I sit there and just smack on the dummy constantly my ping evens out and I can practice combos correctly. Why is there such a focus on the correct start time, versus just getting the correct timing of every move right.

just make the timer start when you press the first attack or skill. Like how combat really is. And loop the timer on the combo, so we can get used to animation canceling. Remove all time limitation on cool downs. So we can practice correctly

I mean the whole point is to get used to animation canceling right. And proper combos.

For the amount of effort that you went through to put this in the game, in such a poor state. I got very little benefit from it.

it's a start But It needs a lot of work. Needed to either put a lot more effort into it, and do it right. Or not do it at all. 50% work is meh

13 hours ago, achika said:

I'm a little confused here. the Hongmoon training room, is a practice room right, "training".

I have never ran Sogun's Lament, therefore, I wanted to practice boss mechanics. I loaded up the Hongmoon training room. Loaded asura the boss. Put a target dummy to tank. But the boss spams the same move, over and over and over again. It doesn't do any move other than the first one, which is the flower poison one.

Now the poison flower move roots you to the ground, you can back step out of that and get one more poison flower, before your rooted to the ground again. Therefore, you can't get all four flowers, to stop this move from going off.

Therefore I cannot practice, boss mechanics, of this boss. Because he only does one move out of the five or so he uses. So how do I use the practice room, to practice?

I take it from these design aspects, this was never intended to be a practice room, a training room.

This is what,
what is this for?

Another aspect of the training room, three quarters of the move combos, that it teaches. I have already learned through leveling up. The ones I didn't know about, I spent so much time focusing on getting the start time correct. That it was highly frustrating, by the time I managed to get the combo complete. I was so annoyed, that I was glad it was over and done with.

It didn't help me work on the timing of the whole combo, instead I spent more time focusing on getting it started correctly and once I had that, praying I could finish it.

Now Normally I run at 100ms "in game ping", but it jumps to 100-190ms randomly when starting combat in and out of the training room, and then it teeters back to normal After a second. Which makes it extremely difficult to get the timing correct for these combos.

If I sit there and just smack on the dummy constantly my ping evens out and I can practice combos correctly. Why is there such a focus on the correct start time, versus just getting the correct timing of every move right.

just make the timer start when you press the first attack or skill. Like how combat really is. And loop the timer on the combo, so we can get used to animation canceling. Remove all time limitation on cool downs. So we can practice correctly

I mean the whole point is to get used to animation canceling right. And proper combos.

For the amount of effort that you went through to put this in the game, in such a poor state. I got very little benefit from it.

it's a start But It needs a lot of work. Needed to either put a lot more effort into it, and do it right. Or not do it at all. 50% work is meh

Yeah, Training room is pretty bad, I hope it's bugged. Training Room contains Real BnS World Bosses, with same amount of HP and other Stats, which is meant for a party or so to kill it. Of course a higher gear player can solo it, but then again, if he/she can solo it, then he wouldn't be in training room learning about it. So for Lower Gear players, I feel sad. because to reach new mechanic for specific bosses they have to DPS it down till a new mechanic comes. and since boss has Real bns World Stats that is meant for a party to kill. for a low geared player, soloing is just not worth the time. so they either need to reduce the HP or Increase the dmg bosses take, to help players learn to the fullest and try on other boss mechanic, or they should add stages where people could pick and train a specific mechanic. other wise training room is just useless. and you learn nothing there. apart from seeing his first mechanic and how boss looks, that's pretty much it.

6 hours ago, Moonstruck said:

I guess it's just to know the mechs. The goal isn't to kill the boss, it's to know how he attacks and what you need to do to stay alive

Yes and no, You need to dps boss to certain HP for boss to activate further stages of mechanic. without doing so, all you will be training is first mechanic, whatever boss you pick, there is a discription which mechanic you can train in training room, But in reality you cannot, unless you dps boss down to next mechanic, Which is pretty bad design. Characters should do twice as much damage to the bosses in training room to skip to the next mechanic. or just be able to select on which mechanic player wants to train on specific boss, The only difference you get on Training room and actual boss dungeon is that in training room you can't die, while in normal dungeon you can, training room spawns you real bosses that you find in dungeons with same strenght, So who in the right mind would even consider wasting their time dpsing it down for next mechanic, especially if player is low gear. 

On 5/12/2017 at 4:45 AM, achika said:

This is what,
what is this for?

In my opinion the training room bosses are to give us an idea on how to handle the bosses and what kind of attacks we have to avoid to survive.

As for those blooms, everyone is different on how to get untangled from the blooms and not every class has multiple ways to break free from them. For example my FM has three moves she can use to break free. My Summoner has the true friend thing that i activate and just run through the blooms as many as i can. So each class will be different. I think if people still followed mechanics and is say this because it seems anymore ignor mechanics and kill kill kill XD but in a party people like the FM with several moves to get untangled and the summoner with that one skill that allows to run through multiple blooms those two would be best suited to gather the blooms.

Anyway my only complaint is the jewelry it gives in the training room is pretty useless by the time i got around to using it i was too high of a level for it. I did get other goodies that i do use lol like those special dumplings.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to learn the mechanics of the last boss for EC (actually I'd have liked to have attempted all the mini bosses as well) and we need to reduce their boss health regen, I've an AP of +800 and after all the interrupts I couldn't move him off 100% health.  No change to see any other mechanics, and I still don't feel prepared to break my EC cherry  

It provides you some basic knowledge about your class. Well, better than Brother Hajoon, I guess.

It also gives best 15-45 elemental accessories, providing your can finish the training of different level.

However, it is very ping sensitive. If you have high ping, you might not be able to do some advanced combo. While the reward is not that great at end-game, you might feel something missing in your heart, seeing the icon of HM training room saying that you still not yet complete the combo. A destroyer on reddit already wants to quit the game due to this, even though he has end-gear game.

It also works to test rotation, as Training Dummy here gives infinite focus and can be inflicted with status attack, unlike the one in Mushin's Tower.

The boss section is just to learn some very basic things about the boss. Mainly its rotation, which is useful for tankers.

Another use is to test DPS. Spawn some easy bosses like Sacred Longgui and try out to see if your build and DPS is any good.

Archived