Event and potential profit math

achika

I was trying to figure out why people weren't working together, and channel hopping. to get double the chance every boss cycle, to get peaches from the locked boxes. And why they were bursting the boss down as fast as they could.  Free gold, that would explain it.

So let me get this right, this event. People that do the most damage to the boss, can get a box that has a chance to give 100 free gold. This is all the players that have 1000 ap plus. And everyone else will not get this box.  

Let's do some math because someone didn't think this through very far. This is unrealistic, no one in their right mind would spend this much time, but let's still do it.

If you farm for 8 hours every day, for 42 days,=336 hours x by 60 to change it to minutes,=20,160 total minutes.

Bosses seem to show up. Every 40 minutes. 20,160 mins / 40= 504 kills, or times You can get this box.

If you somehow lucked out, and got 100% chance for every box you opened to get the hundred gold. That would be 50,400 gold just given to you.

It's Not likely the case you would get 100% chance from the box for free gold, but even at 10% chance, that's 5000 free gold. And most of all, the people that don't need it. There max geared.

Now these numbers are probably not realistic in any way shape or form, but it shows the potential Revenue someone could get from this. Why you would design an event, that this type of revenue is even possible, is beyond my imagination. You're breaking your own game.

Can more than one person get this box off the same boss?

Before this event, you could only get a box once a day "that I'm aware of", that has a chance of giving you 100 free gold. With this event you get one every 40 minutes. Are you purposely trying to break the economy? With such an easy way to get gold For these people.

An event that can give whales 1000+ free gold, interesting design. Not one that I would do if I was designing an event, but okay.

I'm not at end game yet, so I don't know what the cost of gear is to upgrade. And I'm just voicing my observation of this, so maybe this is not a problem at all. But From my point of view, this is a interesting design.

Actually, 

56 minutes ago, achika said:

People that do the most damage to the boss, can get a box that has a chance to give 100 free gold.

that's not like that. That box is given to somebody, who did the last hit on boss, (as i was told). Indeed, the more damage, the easier it is to strike this last blow, but that doesn't mean that only whales get these boxes. 

I have gotten the special box 6 times out of 64 boss kills, those 6 times I was not partied. I am no whale by any means, I did manage to get last hit. The Ginseng is not a guaranteed reward.. of the 6 special boxes I have gotten one Ginseng. One 100g reward for almost 2 weeks of farming, seems pretty thin in my opinion, two days of dungeon's will reward more.

1 hour ago, Fieryfly said:

I have gotten the special box 6 times out of 64 boss kills, those 6 times I was not partied. I am no whale by any means, I did manage to get last hit. The Ginseng is not a guaranteed reward.. of the 6 special boxes I have gotten one Ginseng. One 100g reward for almost 2 weeks of farming, seems pretty thin in my opinion, two days of dungeon's will reward more.

A whale would get 64 special boxes out of 64 kills. What time of the day did you get those? 

We know the Ginseng is not a guaranteed reward, anything new here?

So you got 1/6, so in 64 kills you'd get around 11 ginseng if we follow your RNG  rate, that's 1.1k gold FOR FREE right there, for someone that ALREADY HAVE max gear and thousands and thousands of gold..

Do you see the problem now? How is that fair for you? Do you think that's fair? 

2 days of purple train will reward more... More than ONE ginseng, yes... A whale gets more than 1 ginseng a day just being AFK for 30 minutes, kill the boss, afk...  

Ok, i'll stop now, you got the point, if you don't see the problem after this I can't help you, sorry.

This event being so ridiculously unfair was already obvious from the start. Since day 2 of the event, people were already reporting making 500g a day off the special boxes. This event truly is stuck behind a paywall for vast majority of the players, as you really need to have a good gear and at least an  awakened soul to get the burst off since the boss dies in just mere seconds. Gear is everything in this event. It really is sad, that the people who are already so geared up can so easily farm thousands if not tens of thousands of gold with this event, while the poor will stay poor. This event is a disgrace and once again goes to show that the people who made this event clearly don't even play this game.

I think everyone should have a fair chance to make gold with this event and farm the bosses, not only those who have good gear ...

You are all forgetting one important thing: keys are the limiting factor. Max keys you can get 6wk x 7d x (3dc +6 F10) = 378 keys.

The droprate for ginseng seems to be around 10%, that's ~38 ginsengs total which equals 3800g.

And you can't get special box 100% even with 1k ap+ on crowded server unless you are one of the boosted class (SF/WL/SIN/BD).

idk, but some solutions about this (in my personal opinion and sry if my english isn't good..)

Why they don't give the special box when we kill the boss, i don't know, 5~10 times? Just an idea..

so, everyone happy.

I think there should not be 2 or more chest types in general. One chest per boss for everyone who touch it regardless of dmg (or lasthit, which is riddiculous by itself) would be perfectly fair and it could be either normal or special one, but only one and same for all participants. Hardcore farmers could farm octa gem, regular players could farm brilliant/sparkling hepta gem, cashers could buy fruits from some f10 bundles like before, and everyone would be somehow happy.

Archived