completely unfair

Criston

This is a question, don you ever feel fully cheated by this game?   I ran all the new content, got One Weapon Upgrade and No Ancestral Soul Shield.   WI wouldn't mind IF we could go back and run the Quests over for the New rewards, but we can't.   I am tired of always getting cheated like this, and it is Being Cheated when other get something you didn't for doing the exact same thing.  I just wonder if anyone else feels this way.   Oh, and though it really doesn't matter, these are the types of Things I left a few other games for, including WoW.   So I suggest a way to run old Missions/quests that you have already ruin before to get the NEW rewards that you were cheated out of the first time.   That or make sure you just mail the players that have already completed the quest/missions the new rewards so they aren't being cheated.  I would really like to get the True Ivorymoon lynblade and axe, but I only got the rewards to do One Upgrade...however, three Clan members got both Tormented weapons to upgrade completely,   They also got the Soul Shield, which I nor a couple of other friends didn't get.   We ran it in the time allowed to get the Outfit, is that why you cheated us out of a weapon upgrade And the Soul Shied ?   I am really getting tired of logging onto this game and getting upset before I ever really start playing.

IF you finished the quests that gift the rewards BEFORE the change obviously you would not get the rewards from after the patch but the ones from before it. You still got rewards even if it's not shields nor weapons. And let's be honest, the shields are there just to help with story while they are something you will instantly replace with better ones with farming.

48 minutes ago, lostforumaccount said:

Tormented weapons... Ancestral Soul Shield... is that less than 10g worth of items?

The soul shield is worthless. However, tormented weapon does worth way more than 10g. Just the Criston said, one of my alts also have the similar situation, in which my alt just finished Act 6 before the new patch. After Act 7, if you do the storyline from the beginning, you will receive 2 tormented weapons and you can upgrade your weapon to max stage (just before legendary weapon). However, my alt only had 1 tormented weapon from finishing Act 7 and now it is stuck in the middle stage and I have to farm another tormented weapon to upgrade it to max. Do you know how hard it is to farm tormented weapon and open your own class weapon from it without using brilliant key? 

My alt is in the same situation.  Had story finished but hadn't upgraded past Tormented because it was such a rare drop.  Stratus update hits and we are still stuck on the old upgrade strategy. 

I submitted a ticket and they said I received an equivalent award for the quest.  ...Yeah, right.  I don't remember what I got but I doubt lack of it wouldn't have kept me from upgrading.

And if you want to count cost, imagine what you lost by not running profitable dailies on the purple train and moving on with your character's progression, but instead grinding the three dungeons that drop the box until you get your weapon.  You could shortcut the process if you bought a key for 100g basically, (don't know current conversion rates) and use Heavenly Energy to buy a box.  Oh wait... no Heavenly Energy so no quick box.  Back to grinding what was gifted to others.

Please, allow me to explain my unhappiness about the issue I posted.   I don't mind change, I honestly prefer it.  I do not run Dungeons as I am not nearly quick enough nor do I learn fast enough to keep from upsetting the other party members.  I do not play any game that upsets me for very long and have no desires to upset anyone playing this game, so I avoid high end instances like the ones that have a chance to drop items I need/want.    Now, my unhappiness comes from the fact they changed the rewards BUT gave those of us that had already run the quest chain No Chance to rerun the quest chain to receive the new rewards.  I seldom have any desires to look past STO (Star Trek Online) as the game is the most player friendly game I have ever seen in my 48 years of life.   I don't mind rerunning missions/quests to get new rewards at all, in fact I often see something I didn't notice the first time through.  I just wish that Devs on games like this one would stop and think before frustrating certain players like they have me where these rewards are concerned.  I am not the type of person to rush through anything, not even a dungeon  ( I was a great tank, but I did frustrate several members of our guild on a couple of other games because I wasn't going to rush) , so I am quite certain I am not the person you want to see in a F8 Queue in this game.  I can honestly say I haven't run a single teamed instance past the Blackram Supply Chain.  I would however, like to see a way to get the better rewards after some group of Devs decide that they should change them up like they did this time...like a chance to either rerun the quests or to have them mailed to your toons (a WoW term for Character) that have already completed the quest chain in the first place.  I am not talking about what the value of these items are as the stats they offer are far beyond what I have right now and likely will have when the next expansion is released.  To me, the value would go much higher than to those of you that run Dungeons/raids often enough to have Epic/Legendary gear.   I hope this helps explain the reason I asked if anyone else was feeling like I am right now.  

I don't think that this is unfair at all. 

It was announced that they change the rewards - I waited with my twinks to do the quests. Why couldn't you? 

It's common knowledge in BnS that you can only do the story quests once per character, so no surprise there.

Your argument is kinda the same like... Today, I buy 1 Moonstone for 2g, tomorrow it's sold for 1g and you blame the seller. Obviously, the 1 Moonstone from earlier was worth your gold at that time (why else would you buy it?). You knew what you get for completing the quest, so don't complain. 

I know how you feel. I kinda felt the same way at last trove event. I've spend 700bucks and 2 weeks later everything got cheaper and players basically get Legendary for free. But it was worth it to me at that time. 

The later you get into MMOs, the more you skip from previous content. This isnt a new concept in BnS. It has happened in every MMO so far.

Imo they should've dropped the items as achievement rewards for completing certain quests. That way even if you patch the game, when people log in and the system flags that they've completed these quests, they'd get the achievements and the appropriate rewards.

12 hours ago, amokk said:

It was announced that they change the rewards - I waited with my twinks to do the quests. Why couldn't you? 

Quests were done long before any announcement that would pertain to this gear path.

This IS unfair with those who leveled characters before the update. These people will NOT receive one of the two Tormented you need to upgrade. 

New characters gets 2x tormented weapons for free, it's very very good and conveniente for new characters, but unfair with older characters.

On 5/11/2017 at 5:59 PM, lostforumaccount said:

Tormented weapons... Ancestral Soul Shield... is that less than 10g worth of items?

idk where you play but getting a decent ss set takes few runs of dungeons so let's give it a 5g, now tormented wep since nobody spams the pleb dungeons anymore and getting the chest is as rare as getting legs from ns, you need to spend about 140g for sfm key which will give you your tormented wep and since you need about 2 of them that will be 280g kappa. oh + that 5g from bidding on ss depending who you run with.

I possibly agree we should beable to get mailed rewards from the people that finished the story mode in a bundle to keep it fair.
Personally I want the Stabesteel Weapon you get at low lvl story quest, because it looks nice for a skin. If we could only beable to buy it from a merch or something... That would be great.

Let me apologize ahead of time since it may not come off as such a 'nice' response: All these post as just whining bs.
- Not fair cause I already completed the story quest so its not as easy for me as any new players leveling.
"Easy" is what I always see when these topics come up.....everyone wants things easier or just given to them. This is when you do what everyone else did before _any_ of these tormented weapons were even freely handed to you - you grind for em. Also had to grind chromatic as well since that was also needed within the upgrade path. So just as many others have done before you; were given free HM gems, pet aura, soul, weapons to upgrade.....a light or dark stone instead of sf premium trans. (or x3 of them as it was) grind for it. (you're gonna hear this a lot...)

With ALL of these now free rewarded items you get, you should be prob well over-geared for the 3 dungeons that you obtain tormented weapon chests from. You should never need a full 6 man group for any of these (lets exclude necro for obvious reasons). So start running through fang or yeti until you get your weapon - its a grind, as some things should be. I went through the grind before there was ivorymoon but, I still had to do the grind on a few of my alts cause they were past the first 'free' tormented. Just do the grind (or use one of the alternative paths *shrug*).

*Only thing I will somewhat agree on that has to do with being unable to obtain certain rewards from long completed story quests is when it comes to the new weapons models you get as there is no way to get sablesteel weapons which I wanna use to skin my gauntlets. 

On 5/12/2017 at 3:47 AM, amokk said:

I don't think that this is unfair at all. 

It's common knowledge in BnS that you can only do the story quests once per character, so no surprise there.

Your argument is kinda the same like... Today, I buy 1 Moonstone for 2g, tomorrow it's sold for 1g and you blame the seller. Obviously, the 1 Moonstone from earlier was worth your gold at that time (why else would you buy it?). You knew what you get for completing the quest, so don't complain. 

I know how you feel. I kinda felt the same way at last trove event. I've spend 700bucks and 2 weeks later everything got cheaper and players basically get Legendary for free. But it was worth it to me at that time. 

The later you get into MMOs, the more you skip from previous content. This isnt a new concept in BnS. It has happened in every MMO so far.

Yes, they made the official announcement of the new patch 3 weeks ago before the update. However, in the first announcement, there was so little information about weapon path change. I think they only mentioned about the free tormented weapon 1 week or even couple days before the actual updates (which they often make announcement on Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday is the maintenance.) How do we know beforehand that we should wait for leveling? If I knew beforehand, I would have waited the leveling. 

Anyways, whatever. It is just an alt for me. I don't care much. I can always re-make it. I just feel bad for the new players who are stuck on upgrade just because of this.

Yes, that trove event is actually a "troll" event that upset a lot of players. Well, I guess it is party of their business plan to milk the people money before giving out free stuff.

It's only obvious that the price of outdated gear is going to be reduced or it will be given to new players "for free". If it's not that way it would become imposible for new players to catch up with end game. There are alredy enough ppl complaining about BnS beeing unfriedly to new players.

Also you can always create a new character and get those new rewards from quests.

I will admit the ancestral soul shield is a fairly decent reward for a crossover soul shield and oddly it has more hp on it than what i had that was better but i had to get over it. I had three characters caught up with the story when the new patch came, one of those was already waiting to go legendary, and three more that were 50 just not up to date on the story quest. I also took one from 1-50 hm+ during the expansion event. I got all of them through with all the new rewards except my two mains. -shrugs- things are a lot easier now though in my opinion i wish they had been that easy for my two mains. 

So in short i have two characters i put lots of time gold and grind in to get them where they are over the last year and a half and the rest are catching up so fast with gear and stuff since the expansion that i have to agree there are some unfair aspects but this is what happens in MMO's and nothing we can do about it but accept it and move on. Most definitely tho that ancestral soul shield makes an awesome crossover till you farm something better

On 2017-5-14 at 10:43 PM, RavTH said:

idk where you play but getting a decent ss set takes few runs of dungeons so let's give it a 5g, now tormented wep since nobody spams the pleb dungeons anymore and getting the chest is as rare as getting legs from ns, you need to spend about 140g for sfm key which will give you your tormented wep and since you need about 2 of them that will be 280g kappa. oh + that 5g from bidding on ss depending who you run with.

Not that I disagree with your point of view, but it IS exagerated.

One asura run and you can get a full shield set; or you can do MSP (that is a faceroll / zerg fest) and you can also get 2-4 random shields.

As for the weapon, you need to be really unlucky with it, which is totaly possible, sadly, but I've been tossing away 2-5 of boxes a week... So it could take some time, yes, but it's still free.... And he got 1 of the 2 weapons needed as quest reward, so we're talking about only one weapon.

If we're looking to get the weapon and shield instantly, you'd be spending about 100g, but if you can wait a week or two, it's free.

Archived