Who made this event????

raiklock

17 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

If there are two conditions, it means that there is someone who have gotten 2 special chests from a single boss kill. Can anyone confirm it? 

I really doubt the 10% damage one because there was 1 time, there weren't many people in a channel to kill a boss, which took around 2-3 minutes to kill and I was there since 100% hp of boss health to the end and I didn't get the special chest. I am pretty sure I did way more than 10% of boss hp.

yes, you can get two special chest from one boss. i have get that once. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, FrozenB said:

If there are two conditions, it means that there is someone who have gotten 2 special chests from a single boss kill. Can anyone confirm it? 

I really doubt the 10% damage one because there was 1 time, there weren't many people in a channel to kill a boss, which took around 2-3 minutes to kill and I was there since 100% hp of boss health to the end and I didn't get the special chest. I am pretty sure I did way more than 10% of boss hp.

10% = special chest

Last hit + 10% = 2x special chest

Like u know from harvest.

Less than 10% = normal chest

Last hit + less than 10% = 2x normal chest 

This event should be renamed in "Thanks for suporting us buying your True Soul in F10, here's some gold refund for it-event"

Also last hit with less than 10% is 1 special + 1 normal, not 2 normal

It's NOT a bad event... The rewards are great, they wanted to incentivize farming peaches + getting boxes, but they forgot one thing: PEOPLE ALWAYS CHOOSE THE EASY PATH, that is AFK and killing bosses.

The BAD part though is that only whales will get special chests which means whales will get richier, they're already extremely rich and all that gold should be given to help people that are not rich.

They should put boxes on the QUESTS, like "get a box for every 1k peach you farm". This would make people do quests like crazy. You can open only 9 chests a day, so you don't need to make chests a rare thing, the amount of chests you gonna open is already gated by 9/day.

While I agree that this event needs polish, it's probably one of the better events as of late. The purple train anniversary event was horrid. The tower of memory was annoying to do on multiple characters, but I liked the clothes. Shooting range was the second worst event I can remember and made me miss the annoying tower of memory... personally the last event took the prize as the worst for me, It was boring, the rewards were meh and it took way too long to complete the event dungeon... the only redeeming factor it had was the dance, looked so silly and cute (though the ebondrake wheel has some nice trailrenders, i could only bother to get it on one character).

I think removing the damage cap for special box and just have it be a random/rare drop of the pouches and double normal pouches on last hit, that way, people that does not have raven weapon and true soul can have a chance to get the chest and everyone will just try to get the last hit for an extra pouch. As it is now, it's a "rich get richer" event, and that is really sad, as the rich doesn't really need that kind of money, while it would be great for a low tier player. The rich are more likely to get the last hit, while keeping it reasonably fair for the rest of the players.

Something else that could work, but could also ruin it for lower geared players, is that you can only get the special chest from peaches, it'd be kinda like a gamble in windrest, but the investment is essentially time instead of gold. That way, the higher tier players will go about and actually do the content for which this event is supposed to promote, as it is right now, people only sits at the entrance and wait for the next spawn or occasionally pester other players for the timer. But this way, low tier players will have a hard time getting their quests done because the whales are flattening all the mobs or they have to invest exponentially more time to get the same amount of peaches, but it would still be fair.

On 12.5.2017 at 1:40 AM, Edyis said:

Last hit + less than 10% = 2x normal chest 

Thats wrong. Last hit always grants a special chest. I can guarantuee it because I only go for last hit during the day because I cant get a special chest by dps without sb/bb. Today I did the last hit with a 58k hit and that was my only hit on the boss. 1x normal chest + 1x special chest. Easy going.

Okay. Since someone proved that we can get a special chest with 10% damage, then I would have to agree with raiklock that this event is totally BS. It just makes richer people get richer and meanwhile poor people remain poor.

honestly i dont do the whole pay to win thing if i spend cash on this game its just for the premium and fashion hehe. As for the event it doesnt bother me. I dont have special gear am only 804ap with stage six legendary, true yeti, python, and the other two except the belt that is still only true oath. I worked for all of that but will admit the event with DC has helped immensely. I have been farming heavenly fruit since the start of the event gotten three outfits (sent two to other characters), the brilliant hepta amethyst and currently saving heavenly fruit for two other items and who knows what else i will get. Lots of grinding lots of peaches lots of boxes from just grinding alone. I open on average 9 boxes a day which is all i think anyone could open unless someone knows how to get more than 9 keys a day. This morning i had one normal box give me 8 heavenly fruity i was like finally love from the rng gods. I dont care about the gensing. Sure its money and whatever else but meh i just need to use this event to push my gear in the right direction.

As for the special boxes, i tend to get one early in the mornings or late at night and once i got one special box and one normal. I even had a couple 1 mil exp charms from the normal boxes. This event is helping me gain the exp to move past HM10 to 11 but Im sure the event could be improved upon though and I do like some of the ideas mentioned in this thread.

As for what @Yndrilsaid a lot of people do wait just for boss spawns instead of doing anything else. I guess thats okay just means i can kill stuff without having to compete for it and i do sometimes when i get tired of killing for peaches take breaks where i also wait for boss spawns. I think if no one did that, they would have to add more channels so people have a chance to get kills when grinding for the peaches.

EDIT: i had a thought that might improve upon the chances of getting 10% or more damage. They could add more channels to thin out the populations and give others a chance at getting that 10% needed. Now im sure everyone is saying all these P2W players with extreme gear and such will just hop over when they are done with one kill and steal the chances but for the sake of the even they could lock the channels down so players cant channel hop. Im not even sure if thats possible and pretty sure its a dumb idea but something i though worth mentioning lol

1 hour ago, LoliDolly said:

honestly i dont do the whole pay to win thing if i spend cash on this game its just for the premium and fashion hehe. As for the event it doesnt bother me. I dont have special gear am only 804ap with stage six legendary, true yeti, python, and the other two except the belt that is still only true oath. I worked for all of that but will admit the event with DC has helped immensely. I have been farming heavenly fruit since the start of the event gotten three outfits (sent two to other characters), the brilliant hepta amethyst and currently saving heavenly fruit for two other items and who knows what else i will get. Lots of grinding lots of peaches lots of boxes from just grinding alone. I open on average 9 boxes a day which is all i think anyone could open unless someone knows how to get more than 9 keys a day. This morning i had one normal box give me 8 heavenly fruity i was like finally love from the rng gods. I dont care about the gensing. Sure its money and whatever else but meh i just need to use this event to push my gear in the right direction.

As for the special boxes, i tend to get one early in the mornings or late at night and once i got one special box and one normal. I even had a couple 1 mil exp charms from the normal boxes. This event is helping me gain the exp to move past HM10 to 11 but Im sure the event could be improved upon though and I do like some of the ideas mentioned in this thread.

As for what @Yndrilsaid a lot of people do wait just for boss spawns instead of doing anything else. I guess thats okay just means i can kill stuff without having to compete for it and i do sometimes when i get tired of killing for peaches take breaks where i also wait for boss spawns. I think if no one did that, they would have to add more channels so people have a chance to get kills when grinding for the peaches.

EDIT: i had a thought that might improve upon the chances of getting 10% or more damage. They could add more channels to thin out the populations and give others a chance at getting that 10% needed. Now im sure everyone is saying all these P2W players with extreme gear and such will just hop over when they are done with one kill and steal the chances but for the sake of the even they could lock the channels down so players cant channel hop. Im not even sure if thats possible and pretty sure its a dumb idea but something i though worth mentioning lol

Your suggestion is good that once a player get the loot from a boss, they are locked in the same channel for 5 minutes before they can switch again. I think the problem with this event is that they added the ginseng in the special chests. If they didn't add that in, I don't think it would cause a big issue.

Also, their initial purpose of this event is to promote people to farm peaches in basin map. However, since you can only obtain special chest by killing boss, it defeats the purpose because people just camp at the boss site there. If they only put the special chests from killing the monsters in basin and not by killing boss, then it wouldn't be a big problem either because raven gear players still need to grind in there for a long time and it is regardless of their huge damage. It is basically RNG to get the special box from monsters and then RNG from getting genseng in the special box, which would significantly lower the influx of new golds into the market. Then, lower gear players wouldn't complain as much since both high AP and low AP players need to spend time to grind there.

On 5/11/2017 at 6:21 AM, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Yeah, it is an event in a peach-farming area. Why not just solving it with peaches?

Normal box - 1,000 peach. No matter how many you farm, you can only open 9 of them per day. Hence 9,000 peach. Good for people who only want fruits.

Special box - 5,000 peach. This should take longer to farm, for better reward. 9 boxes cost 45,000 peaches, which is quite a feat to farm daily, even with 100% clan bonus + 30% premium bonus + 10-20% peak hour bonus

Mobs can drop normal boxes.

Bosses always drop a normal box, with a good chance to proc a special box (I said 30%). No more DPS gating. Still always drop a special box on last hit, though.

Peach quests can change too. Instead of x2 x3 peach reward, one out of five quests might give you a normal box/special box, if you choose to do that quest.

So instead of afk waiting for boss spawn, people will actually do the area's content.

This is actually a good idea and a simple way of fixing the problem.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:45 AM, Deicidium said:

Simply business. Whether we like it or not, catering to a small amount of whales amounts to much larger profit than a large amount of casual spenders. This is why some form of P2W always tends to creep in after a while, to compensate the naturally dwindling player numbers. I'm developing and self-publishing a mobile game myself and have been reading a lot about this subject. 

It is not simply business. It's the fact that this game, developed in 2012 and still catering mostly to the Asian market, is using an antiquated cash shop and entirely linear progression system that relies almost entirely on RNG or spending absurd amounts of money to get the best gear. This is simply not attractive to the marjority of western consumers, and this becomes the case with almost every single eastern mmo that gets a western port. Warframe, which was developed in the West, has the solution to this in the form of a multi-faceted progression tree (typically user-paced, as well, since progression is almost entirely based on effort), and non-linear endgame gearing, meaning that you can reach top-tier gear as a semi-dedicated player, but there is still more top-tier gear that you can obtain and swap out for. Warframe also structures its cash shop around the standard consumer by offering players the ability to gain premium currency very slowly to pay for small items, and dish out cash to pay for big ticket items, which are released rather frequently and rarely cost more than $20 a piece, as well as the near complete absence of RNG in the cash shop. There are mod cards that you can buy, but everyone who has played for more than a week knows that they're a complete waste of money as all mods can be acquired in-game. BnS has not adapted its game and premium currency system to fit this model in any way, shape or form, thus it remains an unattractive investment to the majority of Western consumers and discourages those who are able to spend small - medium amounts of cash here and there from doing so simply because it's unlikely to get them anything.

There is no equality in this event. People just wait for boss to spawn.

The previous event we still do some dungeons which everyone can have same chances. No need high dps and last hit luckiness.

Even the dance dance event I thought was the worst one since takes too much time to finish.

Now this you will have to camp or else left behind by others.

I tried to farm the normal box from mobs everyday but 1 hour only 1-2 boxes dropped.

Worst event ever.

5 minutes ago, Corona1 said:

I did not provide any screenshots, but it is indeed possible to get two special chests from one boss kill, provided you have dealt enough damage to be elligible for the damage chest, as well as last-hitting the boss. 

please tell me how a 700ap guy would get a chance at that box ? :) .. or let's go lower because a lot of people that just start the game and reach lvl 50.. barely have 500 AP..

Tell me what chance do they have to get a box ?  

Or better yet.. what chance do they have to even SURVIVE the boss.. since we all know the boss dose 2 aoe's if he has the chance.. and 1 aoe will do 40k dmg. :) .. that's enough to wipe out the low levels.

On 12-5-2017 at 9:14 PM, FrozenB said:

I did not provide any screenshots, but it is indeed possible to get two special chests from one boss kill, provided you have dealt enough damage to be elligible for the damage chest, as well as last-hitting the boss. 

9 minutes ago, LiriC said:

please tell me how a 700ap guy would get a chance at that box ? :) .. or let's go lower because a lot of people that just start the game and reach lvl 50.. barely have 500 AP..

Tell me what chance do they have to get a box ?  

Or better yet.. what chance do they have to even SURVIVE the boss.. since we all know the boss dose 2 aoe's if he has the chance.. and 1 aoe will do 40k dmg. :) .. that's enough to wipe out the low levels.

When did I ever say something about the 700AP-and-lower community?

4 hours ago, LiriC said:

Dont minimize the problem, actually i cant get special box with raven weap and 950 AP, Because i have lv 6 soul only. ONLY awak/true soul (aka the ultimate whale item) get it until 3 a.m. , the boss die in 6-10 second max, only chance is a lucky last hit, but no way to get it with dps (and before u say gitgud, i dont think i have that bad dps with an average of 90-100k in any dungeon, the soul is just the thing to have)

14 hours ago, Daggerpaw1 said:

It is not simply business. It's the fact that this game, developed in 2012 and still catering mostly to the Asian market, is using an antiquated cash shop and entirely linear progression system that relies almost entirely on RNG or spending absurd amounts of money to get the best gear. This is simply not attractive to the marjority of western consumers, and this becomes the case with almost every single eastern mmo that gets a western port. Warframe, which was developed in the West, has the solution to this in the form of a multi-faceted progression tree (typically user-paced, as well, since progression is almost entirely based on effort), and non-linear endgame gearing, meaning that you can reach top-tier gear as a semi-dedicated player, but there is still more top-tier gear that you can obtain and swap out for. Warframe also structures its cash shop around the standard consumer by offering players the ability to gain premium currency very slowly to pay for small items, and dish out cash to pay for big ticket items, which are released rather frequently and rarely cost more than $20 a piece, as well as the near complete absence of RNG in the cash shop. There are mod cards that you can buy, but everyone who has played for more than a week knows that they're a complete waste of money as all mods can be acquired in-game. BnS has not adapted its game and premium currency system to fit this model in any way, shape or form, thus it remains an unattractive investment to the majority of Western consumers and discourages those who are able to spend small - medium amounts of cash here and there from doing so simply because it's unlikely to get them anything.

B&S has some similar systems to what you've mentioned though. Plus, I'm pretty sure they're still making more money than Warframe. Obviously one of the two is better from our perspective as consumers, but that doesn't necessarily reflect in actual earnings. You talk about casual spenders, but as I just said, whales are the ones bringing in the real profits in games.

Archived