Who made this event????

raiklock

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The event is a total joke. The one's that get that special box usually have every item this event can give you. Getting the fruits is horrid. I have spent 30+ hours farming, in just that zone, to have a total of 34 fruits and that's including doing ONE DKV today.

I think that ppl with good gear should be reworded somehow. Otherwise what's the point in having good gear. Thats why special pouche have guarantee special box.

But normal player should not be punished. At last normal pouche should have 50% chance to drop special box.

32 minutes ago, Bastete said:

I think that ppl with good gear should be reworded somehow. Otherwise what's the point in having good gear. Thats why special pouche have guarantee special box.

But normal player should not be punished. At last normal pouche should have 50% chance to drop special box.

I agree, but rewards should generally have diminishing returns the higher you go. Unfortunately, this game, just like some other modern MMOs, seems to at some point have taken a route where growth (in both stats and wealth) becomes exponential. I can play a whole month and maybe add like 5k to my DPS thanks to upgrades, raising my DPS from say, 50k to 55k. Meanwhile, a whale will dish out 500k in the same timeframe, which is literally 10x my DPS, making my contribution essentially worthless. This is what breeds the excessive imbalance of 6v6 and open world pvp, and applies to PVE progression and everything else as well. Now, it wouldn't be SUCH a huge deal if the game currency wasn't tied to real money and there would be no P2W elements, but it is, and someone who whales out will have a massive advantage over everyone else as he will also significantly boost his future progression speed. In the context of this event, these whales are getting insane amounts of gold from this event while the rest of the playerbase is locked out of it. This results in inflation on the market, but this inflation will only affect the normal players, slowing down their progress even further. It's utterly stupid. 

I don't like flame posts, it's certainly not the way to address anything, but felt like adding my 2 cents. 

I keep reading things like this, which is why I preferred to stay away from events. My situation is a little different though. I'm not interested in hard mode end game, so I can live by with 700 AP, but I understand this is not the case with f2p tryhards and people who try to grind their way to the top without swiping. I don't understand why companies in 2017 still can't understand the concept of p2w and how that concept simply hurts their games and chases people away from their games.

8 minutes ago, Fatalito said:

I keep reading things like this, which is why I preferred to stay away from events. My situation is a little different though. I'm not interested in hard mode end game, so I can live by with 700 AP, but I understand this is not the case with f2p tryhards and people who try to grind their way to the top without swiping. I don't understand why companies in 2017 still can't understand the concept of p2w and how that concept simply hurts their games and chases people away from their games.

Simply business. Whether we like it or not, catering to a small amount of whales amounts to much larger profit than a large amount of casual spenders. This is why some form of P2W always tends to creep in after a while, to compensate the naturally dwindling player numbers. I'm developing and self-publishing a mobile game myself and have been reading a lot about this subject. 

25 in 2 days is impossible because the drop rate is about 10%. I currently have 7 and opened close to 60 special boxes. Dried ginseng can also be obtained from Windrest, so it is very likely that guy got most of the ginseng from that location. 

13 minutes ago, Deicidium said:

Simply business. Whether we like it or not, catering to a small amount of whales amounts to much larger profit than a large amount of casual spenders. This is why some form of P2W always tends to creep in after a while, to compensate the naturally dwindling player numbers. I'm developing and self-publishing a mobile game myself and have been reading a lot about this subject. 

It's indeed as you say. It's the easy way out instead of researching why the game's population is dwindling, and fixing it on the spot. It's much cheaper for a dev to go p2w if their game drops too much. Problem is that this is becoming more and more common.

2 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

I have spent 30+ hours farming, in just that zone, to have a total of 34 fruits and that's including doing ONE DKV today.

Just do the bosses. Getting the normal chest should be no problem. Farming normal boxes there is a waste of time.

39 minutes ago, Fatalito said:

It's indeed as you say. It's the easy way out instead of researching why the game's population is dwindling, and fixing it on the spot. It's much cheaper for a dev to go p2w if their game drops too much. Problem is that this is becoming more and more common.

They probably know what the issues are for the most part.  They have forums, testers, etc.  They see the price tag for fixing bugs and other issues that don't translate directly into cash and decide there isn't a business case for it.

• Combat mode bug
  • Graphic glitches (Gon female, hand penetrating hip in idle pose, etc.)
  • Server lag
  • Friend list not updating
  • etc.

What they fail to realize is that long term customer satisfaction does yield money, even if it is indirectly. 

3 hours ago, Buzzirk said:

They probably know what the issues are for the most part.  They have forums, testers, etc.  They see the price tag for fixing bugs and other issues that don't translate directly into cash and decide there isn't a business case for it.

• Combat mode bug
  • Server lag
  • etc.

What they fail to realize is that long term customer satisfaction does yield money, even if it is indirectly. 

Pretty much. I mean, it's their company name out there. And this takes me back to my initial question, asked in another way. Why would a company allows itself to be associated with cheap, malfunctioning products, even though they can most likely fix them to at least a respectable point. (being realistic, we cannot expect all to be fixed, but time and time again we see examples where we can only ask "what were they thinking?")

• Amraith changed the title to Who made this event????
  • NCSOFT

Hello everyone,

We've been reading your feedback about the Celestial Basin bosses and the event chests.  You guys have brought up some really great suggestions that we forwarded to the development team. We'll be sure to let you know if any changes will be made.

11 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

The event is a total joke. The one's that get that special box usually have every item this event can give you. Getting the fruits is horrid. I have spent 30+ hours farming, in just that zone, to have a total of 34 fruits and that's including doing ONE DKV today.

You are clearly doing something wrong then, you don't get more fruit from special chest. I don't buy any keys only opening 3 chests per day and i have 69 fruit now..

1 hour ago, Cor said:

You are clearly doing something wrong then, you don't get more fruit from special chest. I don't buy any keys only opening 3 chests per day and i have 69 fruit now..

good for you

14 hours ago, raiklock said:

If you do more than 10% of the boss HP you get a SPECIAL box that gives you a high chance of getting a Ginseng, this item costs 100g. 

People who paid thousands and thousands of dollars to be max geared are completely destroying the chance of lower geared players to get special box.

Today a guy link 25x Ginseng that he hot in TWO DAYS of farming bosses.. Thats 2.5k gold. Do you know how many hours I have to literally kill myself doing dailies to get 2.5k gold? HUNDREDS of hours. 

When he linked that, I realised how stupid is this event, not for the items that are very good, but for the way it was designed, to benefit who pays to win.

I DON'T CARE if the guy has 2000AP until his "powers" removes my chance of getting some good drop from a boss.

These whales can have a burst dps up to 500k, so they ALWAYS get a special box, it's impossible for "normal" people to compete, DOES NOT matter how much you farm, how much effort and time you put on the game, if you don't spend thousands of dollars you'll never get to their level.

I thought the special box only comes with the last hit, not 10% of the boss. I believe 1 boss in each channel only drop 1 special box. Correct me if I am wrong? Sometimes, I switched channel and the boss was only 30% hp left, but I still got the special box occasionally.

19 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

I thought the special box only comes with the last hit, not 10% of the boss. I believe 1 boss in each channel only drop 1 special box. Correct me if I am wrong? Sometimes, I switched channel and the boss was only 30% hp left, but I still got the special box occasionally.

I get once in the morning 2 special boxes once did enough damage and last hit. Not sure do you have to be highest damage or 10% one. Have get that only once.

46 minutes ago, Rosebud66 said:

Be able to purchase Special boxes from the Peach vendor for 5K peaches.... Killing a normal mob has a small percentage chance to drop a special box......Problem solved :P

I am pretty sure it is last hit. It is just like when you last hit the boss like baylee or BBB, you get double box/loot.

People lie about 10% hp damage because they don't want you to hold back your skills or slack off during the first 90% of the hp.

14 hours ago, Buzzirk said:

• Combat mode bug
  • Server lag
  • etc.

They ofc know. But, they keep ignoring those stuff. I have never seen any of those problems being addressed once. Especially those permanent problems which have been being spammed in forums since start. But, for a temporary problem with an event, f10 stuff ... a mod, cm can pop up out of nowhere to say '' Thanks for feedback '' ... only for those issues which won't require a serious dev work and it makes me think that there is no dev team behind this game which is capable of any serious fix/change, seems like the game was left at this state long ago and they have been trying to get the best out of it with only some simple quality of life improvements and new dungeons/weapons. This keeps me from putting my money on it, because no matter how many new dungeons, weapons, outfits they add, the game feels very outdated in it's core, needs serious rework.

4 hours ago, Rosebud66 said:

Be able to purchase Special boxes from the Peach vendor for 5K peaches.... Killing a normal mob has a small percentage chance to drop a special box......Problem solved :P

Yeah, it is an event in a peach-farming area. Why not just solving it with peaches?

Normal box - 1,000 peach. No matter how many you farm, you can only open 9 of them per day. Hence 9,000 peach. Good for people who only want fruits.

Special box - 5,000 peach. This should take longer to farm, for better reward. 9 boxes cost 45,000 peaches, which is quite a feat to farm daily, even with 100% clan bonus + 30% premium bonus + 10-20% peak hour bonus

Mobs can drop normal boxes.

Bosses always drop a normal box, with a good chance to proc a special box (I said 30%). No more DPS gating. Still always drop a special box on last hit, though.

Peach quests can change too. Instead of x2 x3 peach reward, one out of five quests might give you a normal box/special box, if you choose to do that quest.

So instead of afk waiting for boss spawn, people will actually do the area's content.

3 hours ago, SauronTheGreat said:

They ofc know. But, they keep ignoring those stuff. I have never seen any of those problems being addressed once. Especially those permanent problems which have been being spammed in forums since start. But, for a temporary problem with an event, f10 stuff ... a mod, cm can pop up out of nowhere to say '' Thanks for feedback '' ... only for those issues which won't require a serious dev work and it makes me think that there is no dev team behind this game which is capable of any serious fix/change, seems like the game was left at this state long ago and they have been trying to get the best out of it with only some simple quality of life improvements and new dungeons/weapons. This keeps me from putting my money on it, because no matter how many new dungeons, weapons, outfits they add, the game feels very outdated in it's core, needs serious rework.

In games like these, from what I've experienced, the dev team is fully focused on adding new content and cash shop stuff. It's what they are ordered to do by the guy above them who hoards all the money. So unless an issue is game breaking for a large user base, it usually is not addressed on time, or at all.

Archived