DPS Rush punishment in Desolate Tomb - Normal Mode

In normal mode, if your DPS is big enough (which is often the case), the Iron Juggernaut boss will automatically enter mechanic phase twice at 70% and 30% HP.

In hard mode, however, he won't doing so until he finishes doing two CCable AoE attack. If your DPS is huge, you can finish him even before he goes into mechanic phase. If your DPS is so so, you should still be able to finish him with only one mechanic phase.

With that said, this boss is killed much faster in Hard Mode than in Normal Mode with a good party.

I don't understand the reason for this implement. Why should a boss in normal mode has slower killing time than its hard mode version?

This DPS rush punishment also applies on Agony in Naryu Sanctum. If you lower his HP down to below 30% before he finishes his 70% mechanic phase (which is easily committed just by doing the mechanic), he will stop doing mechanic and skip his second mechanic phase. If you reduce his HP too fast, he even skip the last blockable charge at tanker, which will cause a huge damage when successfully blocked. This prolongs the fight a lot longer.

The Normal Mode Iron Juggernaut is just a bug, it's not really punishing you for anything.

Missiles will start immediately no matter what you do.

Skipping Agony's phases never really bothers me personally since you should generally have enough dps to burn him down quite easily anyway.

But overall, I agree DT normal needs to be fixed bc it's actual trash right now...

Archived