mui

HighEnd Pc but BT is unplayble

Recommended Posts

mui   

Hey

First of all my Pc Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 3.60Ghz
16gb Ram
GTX 1070 Nvidia

 

I can play dungons without any problems at constant 90-100 Fps with Medium-High Graphics but as soon as any Boss in Bt start my fps go to  ~ 20 and feel Like  10 especially as Wind Kfm its unplayable with my Pc i should not have that hard fps Problems  

 

i tried almost everything i could find about fps fixes Graphic settings to 1 , Process in TaskManager to High, Nvidia Settings to Full Performance Project izunami  but nothing helped 

 

Does anyone have another idea how to Fix this Problem ?  There are people with worse PCs but better FPs in Bt then me how ?

I just want to be able to enjoy BT 

Edited by mui

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mui   

Thanks for your answer but Ofcurse i use ctrl+F just forgot to Mention  thats still not fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   

If you ctrl+F, your fps will go back to 50-60.

 

Mine is always around 20-30 when there are massive players in an area like GHS, BT, MSP, etc. Ctrl+F helps a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mui   

as said ctrl+f is not helping me my ~20 fps are with ctrl+f  on

Edited by mui

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been worried about bad performances with Nvidia GPU + Ryzen CPU + DirectX 9 combo on BnS. Another DirectX 9 game has problem with Nvidia GPU + Ryzen CPU, but you're the first feeding back how is the behaviour of this component combo on BnS.

I hope this is not the case and that your problem can be solved...

In Black Tower, with HD 7850 (2 GB) GPU and FX-6300 CPU, I've about 15-20 FPS with characters disabled.

 

Try first to disable any BnS profile from drivers. Maybe totally uninstalling GPU drivers and reinstalling them could be the best solution.

Have you disabled Core Parking too for your CPU? On which system are you playing?

Edited by Space Jesus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dotimus   

i dont know but i'm also having some issues on some specific places where i had no fps problems

 

i can't say if is a nvidia driver problem, a latest patch problem or a combo of the 2

 

but in asura every time i'm passing the first mobs with the snowballs , while air dashing if i get hit with the AOE arrows my fps seems to go from the usual 50-60 to 5 fps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mui   
19 hours ago, Space Jesus said:

I've been worried about bad performances with Nvidia GPU + Ryzen CPU + DirectX 9 combo on BnS. Another DirectX 9 game has problem with Nvidia GPU + Ryzen CPU, but you're the first feeding back how is the behaviour of this component combo on BnS.

I hope this is not the case and that your problem can be solved...

In Black Tower, with HD 7850 (2 GB) GPU and FX-6300 CPU, I've about 15-20 FPS with characters disabled.

 

Try first to disable any BnS profile from drivers. Maybe totally uninstalling GPU drivers and reinstalling them could be the best solution.

Have you disabled Core Parking too for your CPU? On which system are you playing?

Hey i used the Project izunami Programm that enables to use all

available cores so i would say yes. and im playing on Windows 10 64bit  and  64bit bns client

20 hours ago, FrozenB said:

If you ctrl+F, your fps will go back to 50-60.

 

Mine is always around 20-30 when there are massive players in an area like GHS, BT, MSP, etc. Ctrl+F helps a bit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheung   
On 2017-5-8 at 4:46 PM, mui said:

Hey

First of all my Pc Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 3.60Ghz
16gb Ram
GTX 1070 Nvidia

 

I can play dungons without any problems at constant 90-100 Fps with Medium-High Graphics but as soon as any Boss in Bt start my fps go to  ~ 20 and feel Like  10 especially as Wind Kfm its unplayable with my Pc i should not have that hard fps Problems  

 

i tried almost everything i could find about fps fixes Graphic settings to 1 , Process in TaskManager to High, Nvidia Settings to Full Performance Project izunami  but nothing helped 

 

Does anyone have another idea how to Fix this Problem ?  There are people with worse PCs but better FPs in Bt then me how ?

I just want to be able to enjoy BT 

Have you tried to OC your Ryzen? If you, OC it to 4.2Ghz and you should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mui said:

Hey i used the Project izunami Programm that enables to use all

available cores so i would say yes. and im playing on Windows 10 64bit  and  64bit bns client

 

May I ask, did you have issues running the 64 bit client at any time? I cannot get the game to load without compatibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MOLANGBB   

I have a Ryzen 1700 and my performance is pretty good.  What i would suggest are the following:

 

First thing I notice is, you need to dial in your 1800x CPU to 4.0 Ghz on all cores.  Alot of guides on OC, AM4 Motherboards has made it super easy.


Second thing is, get the latest BIOS and ensure your RAM is hitting max speeds (3000-3200 hopefully if your RAM supports it).  Ryzen is RAM hungry, so if your RAM is slow, you're going to get crappier experience. 

 

Lastly, this might not work for you, but I use a tool called ClockBlocker.  It pushes your GPU to always be running on MAX.  This was mainly for AMD GPUs, but it could help you too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amokk   

First off, your PC isn't even close to being "HighEnd".

Secondly, as the others suggested, overclock your CPU, as you need high single core performance (which Ryzen lacks in comparison to Intel).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2017 at 0:40 PM, amokk said:

First off, your PC isn't even close to being "HighEnd".

Secondly, as the others suggested, overclock your CPU, as you need high single core performance (which Ryzen lacks in comparison to Intel).

LMAOO if Thats not a high-end PC then what is it? a 4 titan xp with two i7 6950x and 256 RAM?

 

he should be able to run most of the modren Games on 4k res with that build, it IS a high-end PC.

 

This game is hopeless it will lag even if u had  the most Overkill PC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i see you ar amd fan, but rayzen is more for working not for games, but ok you have ryzen, in fact you need to know in this game need more GHz, in this situation 7700k have Wining op performance or other intel cpu as 2600k 3770k with OC, who have this 3 cpu oc to 4.5 better 4.8-5ghz and you will GOD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zedonia   
1 hour ago, Deicidium said:

Mid-range PC here and BT with players turned ON is perfectly playable. :') 

Please tell us how you do it. ;D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kraken X   

Same here, i7-6700k Titan x pascal and dominator 16gb 3200mhz

 

Normally 80 fps with autosync

VDK MSP and other 24ppl dungeon will all get me under 20fps. my setting is all highest, lv5.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zedonia said:

Please tell us how you do it. ;D

Not doing anything tbh, not even using bnsbuddy. Normally I play with everything maxed except shadows and terrain distance, but for BT I just tick optimized for combat and take other player's effects down to 1. This keeps my fps between 30~60 with players still visible, pretty much solid 60 when they're off. 64-bit client really did miracles for me. It seems to work way better for older hardware like mine. GTX770, i7 4770, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2017 at 11:40 AM, amokk said:

First off, your PC isn't even close to being "HighEnd".

Secondly, as the others suggested, overclock your CPU, as you need high single core performance (which Ryzen lacks in comparison to Intel).

This is the most stupid thing I ever heard.

I have i5 2500k, Radeon HD 7800, 8GB 1600 mhz  RAM , 120Gb SSD , Windows 10 64 bit and BnS 64 bit too.

In Skypetal and BT i get 30-40 fps with characters hidden. Sometimes it drops to 20 fps but its completely playable.

 

With OP-s machine he should be able to get double. So the problem is not the PC but the compatibility/glitch/ other gremlin issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Dumb suggestion but make sure that bns is actually using your dedicated graphics card. I had major fps problems until I figured out that sometimes when Nvidia updates its drivers, bns reverts to using the integrated graphics.

 

2. Make sure that your computer is running the 64bit client. You can do this from the settings portion of the launcher.

 

3. Go to your Nvidia control panel, and manage 3D settings, then optimize for performance (in my experience it's barely noticeable in terms of graphical difference, as client settings do most of the work)

 

4. When you're in your client, press Alt + Enter for true fullscreen, that seems to help with fps a bit.

 

5. When bns is active, go to your task manager, then go to the details tab. Right click Client.exe with the bns logo and hit "set affinity" to make sure that it's using at least 4 CPU cores, assuming you have 4+.

 

6. In the same window of the task manager, right click Client.exe when bns is running and hit set priority, then set it to high. This doesn't do much imho, but it is something.

 

7. Shut down your antivirus protection. Risky, but if you want the performance, then it helps.

 

8. Clear out tasks that you're not using (browsers, other applications)

 

9. Obscure optimization guide that fixed a lot of fps problems for me, especially in large groups, I'll just copy-paste the steps here. Note that you might have to redo this each time you download an update for Windows or Nvidia, so save it in a text file or word document somewhere if it works for you:

 

Note: If you're running the 64bit client, I assume you are with a setup like that, then make sure to navigate to the NCSoft/BnS/bin64 folder and use that client.exe, although you can always use both just to be safe.

 

1. Download nvidia inspector http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html
2. Open it and click the tool icon next to the driver version
3. Locate Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in the profile selection
4. Click the "add application to current profile" icon
5. Locate the Blade and Soul client.exe located in Ncsoft/BnS/bin - this will be wherever you installed it at.
6. IMPORTANT: Make sure to select "Application absolute path" above the open/cancel buttons when you select the client.exe
7. Hit Apply Changes
8. Scroll down to the Other section of the settings and find "Shim Rendering Mode Options per application for Optimus" and change it to "SHIM_RENDERING_OPTIONS_DEFAULT_RENDERING_MODE" and Apply Changes again.
9. Open your Nvidia control panel and go to Manage 3D Settings
10. Click the Program Settings tab and then hit add
11. Click browse and go to where you installed BnS and find the client.exe file in the Ncsoft/BnS/bin directory
12. After selecting the client.exe the profile should be named Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn but have the BnS icon next to the name.
13. Go back to Nvidia inspector and under Compatibility find SLI compatibility bits (NOT the DX1x one) and change it to: 0x03402405 (Blade & Soul (China), Blade & Soul (Korea))
14. Now under Other find Memory Allocation Policy and change it to "WKS_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_POLICY_AGGRESSIVE_PRE_ALLOCATION"
Note: This forces your windows theme to switch to basic rather than Aero.
15. Under Antialiasing change Antialiasing - Behavior Flags to "None"
16. Hit Apply Changes and you should be good to go.

 

With these I'm able to get consistently ~30 fps in large groups and ~60fps (I cap it there) in standard conditions with an inferior setup to yours:

 

Intel i5 processor 

Nvidia 940mx

16gb RAM

Edited by Daggerpaw1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dominator said:

i see you ar amd fan, but rayzen is more for working not for games, but ok you have ryzen, in fact you need to know in this game need more GHz, in this situation 7700k have Wining op performance or other intel cpu as 2600k 3770k with OC, who have this 3 cpu oc to 4.5 better 4.8-5ghz and you will GOD

Not really, i'm more of an Intel fanboy than amd i'm just saying the truth, do some research on ryzen 1800x,GTX 1070 combo performance on youtube/Google and you

will see what i mean.

 

and yeah, the i7 7700k do better than ryzen processors in terms of gaming, but 1800x should be way more than enough for BnS since it's a 5 year old game

it's was never about your pc specs, it's about how this game is badly optimized.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phyie   

I have intel on mine, i7-7700, new alienware r6 with NVidia 1070. everything is great 120 fps then I go to BT its still high fps until everyone starts attacking the boss and my fps drops to 5 and to 300+ms and the screen freezes for like a minute. I did everything, BNS buddy, high priority client, NVidia BNS profile, NVidia inspector, alt + enter, OC my computer, nothing. Note that I also have good internet that I can 10 ms in any other game.  

 

On my other potato laptop, I have 30-40 fps and run 20 fps in BT but no lag or freezes in BT. It was playable. I realized I had intel HD graphics one day and switched to my NVidia 940M. I updated my drivers and was getting 50-60 fps and then I go to BT, boom screen lag and freezes but not as bad as my new computer. It was unplayable. I switched back to the HD graphics one, lower fps but I can actually attack in BT and can even get in top 6 dps.

 

I don't know but it seems like theres problem with Nvidia (older NVidia cards work better I noticed) or the new drivers in general. In my new computer I have no problems with other games playing in ultra settings, just BNS. Trust me you're not the only high-end pc with problems I've been trying to come up with a solution for a while now and read many forums but nothing really helped. I also want to note that some of the things I did helped me to actually dps in msp without big screen freeze or lag but nothing helped me in BT.

Edited by Phyie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Phyie said:

I have intel on mine, i7-7700, new alienware r6 with NVidia 1070. everything is great 120 fps then I go to BT its still high fps until everyone starts attacking the boss and my fps drops to 5 and to 300+ms and the screen freezes for like a minute. I did everything, BNS buddy, high priority client, NVidia BNS profile, NVidia inspector, alt + enter, OC my computer, nothing. Note that I also have good internet that I can 10 ms in any other game.  On my other potato laptop, I have 30-40 fps and run 20 fps in BT but no lag or freezes in BT. It was playable. I realized I had intel HD graphics one day and switched to my NVidia 940M. I updated my drivers and was getting 50-60 fps and then I go to BT, boom screen lag and freezes. It was unplayable. I switched back to the HD graphics one, lower fps but I can actually attack in BT and can even get in top 6 dps.

 

I don't know but it seems like there problem with Nvidia or the new drivers in general. In my new computer I have no problems with other games playing in ultra settings, just BNS.

It seems that Nvidia latest graphic cards (by latest I mean 200 euro +) have some problems not only with games. 

At work we are using high end PC for exporting videos and we are having problems with BSOD. It seems when GPU is max used it causes problems. Expert said its due to hardware having problems with Windows. I dont know if he ment graphic card but it might be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nyamko   

One more thing. Check out temperature of your processor. 

For few months I complained about my computer ( 30FPS even less in any raid) untill day before yesterday I noticed that something was off

My proc temp was always around 80C . Then I've noticed that silicon between radiator and processor have dried up. Yesterday I put new paste and cleaned up radiator and suddenly my game went to 120FPS . Temperature now is between 35 and 50 degrees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Install dedicated direct x 9-10-11 runtime libraries. If you install windows 10, it'll come only with DX12 full set of libraries and some of the older ones but not all of them. Try that and report back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nevudu   

Did you upgraded your Computer or is your computer a new build with new windows?

 

If you have upgraded your hardware you should installing windows new and wipe your harddisk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now