Mommys/girls play games too even blade and soul

LoliDolly

I really dont understand what are your goals here posting such a trivial thing in the forums. Are you looking for a sympathy? Maybe something else? Apology in an online game? Does that even exist? :D I was being called a female so many times cause my char is female and I am a grown up man that I lost count of and I never made that a big deal. I only answer with "I wish I was a girl too" and everyone have a productive laugh after. I make the same mistakes as calling girls/women men but how would I know you are a girl? And even if you are, why should I care? Special treatment? Not in my watch. If you fk up the mechanic I will curse you the same way I curse a man. This is what gender equality is all about.

On the other hand from my 17 years of experience in online gaming, girls are equal to special treatment/getting things for free without doing anything. I made this experiment a couple of years ago when I introduced myself as a girl in an online game and I got so much free stuff it wasnt even interesting to play anymore. Is that the thing you want by opening this absurd topic?

I do not recall OP screaming sexism or wanting special treatment because they blurt out their actual gender. It can be rather annoying when you're constantly being labeled as the opposite gender of the actual true gender you are playing as. I get called a guy and at times I do correct them & sometimes I don't. It's not a huge deal for me  where I have to go  the point and make a topic about being labeled as a guy in BnS or do a rant about people needing to play their own gender...  

When I'm just not in the mood to let it slide and a  guy calls me a he, or say "thanks bro" I comment back with "Np sis" or refer to them as a "she" especially if they're on a male toon. When I do actually correct them they apologize or sometimes they just keep quiet which does not bother me.

On a serious note...  I can be a hypocrite when it comes to the gender rule. If I see a female avatar running around, you're automatically a female in my eyes... And I'll refer you as a "She" unless you've really made a mark for yourself to the point where I just flat out call you a guy. It's the same for Male Avatars... But yeah no matter what game you play unless sign up strictly forces you to play your actual gender. (even then people can just straight up like and pick female lol...) Playing on a female toon will just label you as a dude. For most one sided players. Just brush it off or correct them and move on...

actually the word "she" "her" should be used more often than "he" "him" there are more female chars than male also the number of guys pretending to be hot girls with fake profile pics are quite high onlygodknowswhy lel. 

I read every post in this topic, despite my better judgement.  This problem annoys me to no end.  I can't even count  how many times I've joined a pug group and had someone make it known, for whatever reason, that they are in fact female.  Who cares? I mean lets be real, when you go to bed at night does it make you feel better that you just told several strangers on the internet you are a prime target for harassment? Maybe that's what  you wanted??? More often than not you're letting those kind of people know.  If they don't believe you? So what? If they do believe you, so what?

The fact that so many women think it's detrimental to let people they don't know be aware of the fact that they can bear children is beyond me.  

Posts like these remind me of people with the "baby on board" signs in the back window of their car.  I was gonna crash into you before, but I won't now since you have that sign.

8 hours ago, Orleans said:

I read every post in this topic, despite my better judgement.  This problem annoys me to no end.  I can't even count  how many times I've joined a pug group and had someone make it known, for whatever reason, that they are in fact female.  Who cares? I mean lets be real, when you go to bed at night does it make you feel better that you just told several strangers on the internet you are a prime target for harassment? Maybe that's what  you wanted??? More often than not you're letting those kind of people know.  If they don't believe you? So what? If they do believe you, so what?

The fact that so many women think it's detrimental to let people they don't know be aware of the fact that they can bear children is beyond me.  

YO GRILL LET'S GO TROLL 3V3 AGAIN WHERE YOU TELL PEOPLE YOU HAVE A VAGOO AND I'M THE WHIPPED ASS BOYFRIEND WHO DEFENDS THE CRAP PVP FM <3

• Liinxy locked this topic

Please, no.

Yes girls do exist. But it's not good to think that you need to be treated like a special snowflake because of your gender or even the fact that you have a kid. I'm a girl too, but I don't throw a fuss if someone calls me a dude.

And especially in Gloomdross, a lot of people make up reasons to go afk. Whether they are true or not, I don't think it's a big deal to tease someone about it.

Archived