Dunno what to do

Yatosama

Allo. 
I'm a returning player, BM LVL50 HM7 (71% to 8) and I'm a solo player mainly because I've looked here on forums for some time now and have seen nothing but negative things about going into the queue and party searching.
I got my locked skill quest today and I'm at the very end but it's locked behind an achievement (I'm getting the item from the Zaiwei vendor).
I'm having trouble even getting through the quest.

My question is should I bother trying the queue or should I just wait until my gf is higher level and we both do dungeons together? 
I really do not want to deal with dickish people talking about "oh you need to be xxx to join us!!" because it's unnecessary and I just want to get this stuff over with. 
If the queue is a bad idea, is there somewhere I can ask for help specifically? Just to get this achievement done?

I'd like serious answers if possible-
I hope this post doesn't come off the wrong way.

My suggestion is to join a clan, preferably one that does runs together and helps lower geared players gear up.  F8 can be cancer, but these days all the lower/ older dungeons are easily done via LFP rather than joining premade lobbies.  Gearing up is cheap & quick, you should be able to get to the point where you can even do big 3 normal mode quite easily.

If anybody bitches at you for joining their run via LFP, then they are complete morons and should be ignored / blacklisted lol.

And by following storyline all the way to the end & recent events they're practically throwing gems & accessories at us (current one lets you get stg 10 elemental accessory upgrade for pinnacle via event fruit)

TLDR: endgame dungeons are fun, high gear (not BT but most everything else) is cheap & quick to get, LFP is ezpz for all but big 3 & Naryu Sanctum.

8 minutes ago, cibacrome said:

My suggestion is to join a clan, preferably one that does runs together and helps lower geared players gear up.  F8 can be cancer, but these days all the lower/ older dungeons are easily done via LFP rather than joining premade lobbies.  Gearing up is cheap & quick, you should be able to get to the point where you can even do big 3 normal mode quite easily.

If anybody bitches at you for joining their run via LFP, then they are complete morons and should be ignored / blacklisted lol.

And by following storyline all the way to the end & recent events they're practically throwing gems & accessories at us (current one lets you get stg 10 elemental accessory upgrade for pinnacle via event fruit)

TLDR: endgame dungeons are fun, high gear (not BT but most everything else) is cheap & quick to get, LFP is ezpz for all but big 3 & Naryu Sanctum.

3 minutes ago, Fatalito said:

If you need to party, it's always better with friends. Maybe start looking for a non elitist clan or something with people who just want to hang out instead of super serious farming. then again, depending on what you want from the game, you may want to do this or that activity, or just level up another character to pass the time.

First and second quote:
Problem with joining a clan is I already have my own clan(social) so I'd have a chill place for my girl and I to be(yet again, this is mainly because of all the negative things I've seen here on forums-). I don't think it'd be a good idea for me to suddenly bail while it's being so new -flails-

First quote:
Do you just block people by clicking on them?
And do I need to worry about being booted if I go in LFP?

Second quote: 
I was thinking the same honestly. My gf is LVL48 and we've been learning practicing things together around her and my level now to try and learn the mechs and things.
Also, what I want from the game is really just to have fun. That's 'bout it. We're mainly into costume, achievement, and gold farming, and a few Faction things..!

(@ both: thank you for the help! I apologize if I ask a few too many things or bring up counters for suggestions.)

If you need to party, it's always better with friends. Maybe start looking for a non elitist clan or something with people who just want to hang out instead of super serious farming. then again, depending on what you want from the game, you may want to do this or that activity, or just level up another character to pass the time.

It seems that you get a lot of negative things from the forum.

It is more likely for someone to post negative things, concerns, complaints about the game in the forum than those who are happy with it. It's possible but you don't see many "Oh my goodness, I love how my class is dealing so much damage".

So, I suggest not looking at the negative things in the forum. Also, there are many many nice people in clans inside the game. You only come across nice or bad people depending on your luck. There's dungeons to do DAILY!, and currently except Naryu Foundry, everything can be run with True Ivory and full Pinnacle accesories, and HM 10 (Which is easier to reach than before).

Find a clan, yes, and try to learn the peeps. If yo udo'nt like them, find a new one. It's like in real life, you have to run into the people you like to gain interest in doing stuff with them.

Have fun and good luck man. I love this game myself and it's sad to see you wanna play but dunno what to do. :P

You could always meet people and invite them to your clan if you don't want to delete it. Not everyone out there is in a clan, after all. Basically, make yourself known out there or something like that. :)

8 hours ago, Fatalito said:

You could always meet people and invite them to your clan if you don't want to delete it. Not everyone out there is in a clan, after all. Basically, make yourself known out there or something like that. :)

Would that be a good idea? 
My clan is just a social and it has 11 people. No one really talks (yet) but if it's possible to maybe make some new friends, I might try.

The game is 10x better with people you can talk to and play with that are good people. The clan I'm in has 75+ Active people that talk in a Discord and don't mind helping others. So having people to socialize with is a huge plus. 

2 hours ago, Joezilla said:

The game is 10x better with people you can talk to and play with that are good people. The clan I'm in has 75+ Active people that talk in a Discord and don't mind helping others. So having people to socialize with is a huge plus. 

Yeah, it looks like that's the answer everyone is giving so far!
I got my gf excited now by showing her the thread and we're gonna get her to 50 in a few days/soon. 
HYPE.
Hopefully the clan will grow some more and those people will join us.

49 minutes ago, Yatosama said:

Yeah, it looks like that's the answer everyone is giving so far!
I got my gf excited now by showing her the thread and we're gonna get her to 50 in a few days/soon. 
HYPE.
Hopefully the clan will grow some more and those people will join us.

Hmm... what server are you on? If mushin/old man cho  pm me and I can probably help you out for things like doing runs and etc.

4 hours ago, Kisagii said:

Hmm... what server are you on? If mushin/old man cho  pm me and I can probably help you out for things like doing runs and etc.

Neither of those. Both she and I are on Ikansun

Ignore what you read on the forums. People don't jump on the internet to joyfully declare how happy they are about a game, service, product, etc. They jump on the internet to rage about how unhappy they are about any of the above. This has been common sense since around 1996.

37 minutes ago, doitztard said:

making a social clan wont be much of a help ppl join and leave freely and dont talk most of the time.

This happens when leaders make clans composed of randoms they either met once, or just tossed invites at random to buff the clan numbers. If you have a group of actual friends, and I mean, people you pay with several times, or people you hang out with, then you can form a clan that can do actual things together.

Archived