crit dmg or element dmg

newbiez

I am curious as well, the crit and crit-damage loss seems too much to me. Furthermore crit and crit-damage are global whereas the elemental buff only benefits particular skills. I'm a KFM that runs fire for PvE and wind for PvP. I do not see how these elemental rings would benefit me.

Check your skills and how many (%) damage they are doing over a fight. Then you can calculate what is better. Usually elemental > all (thats why current and upcoming endgear has most elemental damage) but it might not be so clear for all classes like for FM for example.

Also keep in mind that the critdmg loss has to be calculated correctly. The 700+ loss from earring against non-leg elemental might be ~ 20% on the paper but it's much less in reality.

In overall Elemental Damage is way better.

This is because Elemental Damage boosts your Skill Damage by %, even then if its not a critical hit.

Critical Damage is just applied when u land a critical hit. (Yes this is boosted by % also, but with rng factor when u crit).

This is why Elemental Damage is better in overall.

Elemental damage all the way.

If you have pinnacle replace the ring and earing with elemental ASAP. But keep necklace untill you get draken necklace. You'll notice a HUGE increase in DPS, specially if you're a FM

the earring is a definite yes for elemental, it is always a dps up compared to true boss, thats why i salvaged mine. your stronger skills will benefit the % increase, where your weaker skills will benefit the raw ap/crit /crit dmg more if we are talking ring. if you have skills that have cooldown reduction on your nukes ( im gonna say smite since you can get 50% cooldown and 120% dmg on 8 piece longuii), not even raven, i can crit above 100k on elemental ring and earring ( i do have 2 piece draken stage 10, i practiced in f12 on longuii boss for consistancy, elemental ring and earring was faster). But i would advise using primers to augment your crit rate for maximum performance.

The elemental ring is so-so, havent tried necklace or full elemental yet. i'll get back to you on that.

If your class has crit/crit dmg from searing palm,elbow smash, the resistance buff with hm points, soul burn or AP modification abilities like tremor, then you dont want crit/crit dmg as much as elemental.

its best to test if the ring is better for you or the necklace is better. but at least there so close that you wont feel bad not bidding on a draken accesory that is hundereds or thousands of gold to get and upgrade.

Before the april 12 patch, your build would be mostly hybrid, or some skills would have no elemental stat to it, like counter or elbow smash- now they do, as an example, and hmp add elemental dmg, at 50 points, it should be 8%+ roughly.

I gave up the oblivion soulshield for my 8 piece legendary, so i have less crit dmg than i would have, 60% crit is ideal, but dont neglect your pierce since some bosses have defense buffs that would work in your favor if you had 20%+ pierce so any attack buff would be more effective ( dkv and BT as examples)

Elemental Damage for sure. From what I have gathered a month or so ago that 10% Elemental Damage is worth 20% Crit damage (and 5 AP) loss, which is the approximate trade off with the elemental accessories. It doesn't matter what your Crit rate is to benefit from the elemental Ring and Earring (unless most of your important skills are non-element?)

For non end game accessories (BT and NS). 

Oath neck > Elem Neck > HM neck

Elem Ring > Destiny Ring > HM Ring

Elem Earring > HM Earring (Don't bother with Legendary earring, Its a joke.)

On 5/5/2017 at 10:25 AM, FlockUndead said:

In overall Elemental Damage is way better.

This is because Elemental Damage boosts your Skill Damage by %, even then if its not a critical hit.

Critical Damage is just applied when u land a critical hit. (Yes this is boosted by % also, but with rng factor when u crit).

This is why Elemental Damage is better in overall.

KFM class runs around in 100% crit rate nearly 100% of the time the crit rate stat is irrelevant to the class thus element damage if lower is also irrelevant. This is why galaxy is better than legendary weapons on past versions since they proc only once in a while, now it seems they proc on every 3 hits (game has gone dumb). In the future they say everyone will have 100% crit rate to make it "fair" removing whats unique on the kfm class(true meaning of communism).

Truth also is that they nerf many things on a class then add it into an item you have to farm then put it as update. <- trickery at its best form.

Archived