Celestial Basin boss grief

Wataru

I keep going there, sign, or what not and a boss spawns with no warning because it already past. Boss comes and dies in 5 seconds with no way to get there in time.

They either need to live longer like raid bosses or this part of the event needs rethinking. 

The reason why the boss died so fast now because of the new event. All people are just trying to kill boss for the event box. Before this event, players with raven gears wouldn't go there to farm because there is no point at all. They don't need anything from the exchange NPC there (beside exp charms), plus they don't earn any golds there. Now, they have to go there to farm heavenly fruit for this event to get the gems and stuff. 

This place is supposedly for people who can't raid BT for raven gears to farm there and go void weapon path. Now, with this event, all the raven gears players get all the credits and it just gave a hard time to the lower gear players. With like 10-15 raven gear players at each boss in each channel, boss would be die in less than 5 seconds anyways. 

This event is just the worst.

Even with 9 channels, you have to be camped at the boss spawn already to get credit for even one boss in any of them, and there's almost no chance of getting the quests done that come with the boss, since there's so many people in every channel... even at 800+ AP, I struggle to get anything done in Celestial Basin right now, it's a train wreck thanks to this event.

38 minutes ago, Meginb said:

Even with 9 channels, you have to be camped at the boss spawn already to get credit for even one boss in any of them, and there's almost no chance of getting the quests done that come with the boss, since there's so many people in every channel... even at 800+ AP, I struggle to get anything done in Celestial Basin right now, it's a train wreck thanks to this event.

Yes, it is true. I would rather to have an event like last one, which require people to do certain dungeons to gain the event coins independently. 

while most of us will end up getting 1 or 2 gems from this event, those ppl farming the boss all day will end up with 10 + gems maybe even 20+ in 6 weeks if they farm it that long. this makes big difference. this event fail so bad if you think about it due to the fact that all those farming this event will need more inventory space.

This event blows.

I genuinely despise this event.

I could do the Candy Wonderland stuff on several characters a day but this...

I wish some sort of daily quest awarded loot boxes.

You only really need to tag the boss to get credit for it. They give a warning several minutes before the boss spawns that tells you where to go. Also the bosses are on a timer. You should see the warning within half an hour of the last weather event ending. Just go there when the warning shows up get your hits in and collect your chest. Or get said chests as random drops from mobs. You need to deal a lot of damage for the better special chests though. This event is 6 weeks long and the whales aren't going to farm it non stop. They'll leave when they get what they want which is probably a nice sized stockpile of chests.  Also note there are limitations on chest collection. Because you only get 6 keys from the store a day and 3 from your daily challenge.

15 hours ago, Meginb said:

It's 6 keys total, you can't buy them every day, I just tried.

It's daily. You just have to remember when you bought them the last time. The reset isnt at midnight so if you bought them "too late" it's over for today.

You can buy 6 per day with HM coin PLUS 6 per day with NCoin, plus 3 from daily challenge.

However the worst seems the hunt for the "special" boxes that you only get through last hit or 10%+ of total bosses HP damage. Whatever is inside them (Ginseng?) must be too good to make the Raven users go away even after they have enough boxes. =_='

Well, so far I get normal boxes often enough, but it would be nice to have a chance at the special ones too.

How about reducing the players per channel in a hotfix? that would go a long way to increase fun.

I agree this event totally sucks, because you have to be a total whale to get the Special boxes (the ones with 100g ginseng and other stuff). You have to do at least 10% of the damage or last hit the boss to get the Special box. Its an event where the rich get richer and everyone else gets screwed (IMO). These highly geared players are only going to aim for these special boxes and since you can buy 6 and earn 3 from Daily Challenges, that is at least 6 hours a day that they can do this event. Probably more if NCoin and Hongmoon coins are counted as separate purchase limits (never really bothered to dump money on virtual goods other than membership, so IDK).

Now if you don't care about these special boxes then all you have to do is tag the boss to get credit. Here is a bit of info on the events. Each boss will spawn 43 minutes separate from one another. 30 minutes of down time, then an announcement will occur that gives 3 minute warning before the boss, finally 10 minutes for the entire event for the green quests. The bosses will spawn in a counter clockwise according to the map. What I do is set a reminder for 40 mins after the boss dies. Go do what I gotta do and return before the boss spawns.

Again in my personal opinion this is by far the worst event yet. It is too easy to miss any of bosses unless your prepared to wait at each spawn for them. 10 channels with each of them are full, and the ones that benefit the most are highly geared players.

2 hours ago, Joezilla said:

I agree this event totally sucks, because you have to be a total whale to get the Special boxes (the ones with 100g ginseng and other stuff). You have to do at least 10% of the damage or last hit the boss to get the Special box. Its an event where the rich get richer and everyone else gets screwed (IMO). These highly geared players are only going to aim for these special boxes and since you can buy 6 and earn 3 from Daily Challenges, that is at least 6 hours a day that they can do this event. Probably more if NCoin and Hongmoon coins are counted as separate purchase limits (never really bothered to dump money on virtual goods other than membership, so IDK).

Now if you don't care about the ese special boxes then all you have to do is tag the boss to get credit. Here is a bit of info on the events. Each boss will spawn 43 minutes separate from one another. 30 minutes of down time, then an announcement will occur that gives 3 minute warning before the boss, finally 10 minutes for the entire event for the green quests. The bosses will spawn in a counter clockwise according to the map. What I do is set a reminder for 40 mins after the boss dies. Go do what I gotta do and return before the boss spawns.

Again in my personal opinion this is by far the worst event yet. It is too easy to miss any of bosses unless your prepared to wait at each spawn for them. 10 channels with each of them are full, and the ones that benefit the most are highly geared players.

The one with the shitty daily challenge reward box happening with the last trove was shittier at least here u get something lol, btw people have noted the time for boss spawns. If you can find the link you will know exactly when boss warning and boss spawn time. So look around.

I'm aware that there are times written down. My clan already made a spreadsheet and posted it in our Discord. Even have a friend in the Mushins server group that has that has a bot in their discord that alerts everyone 3 mins before the boss. I agree that event you mention was pretty bad, at least it was bad for everyone. However with this event, while yes you can get something from peaches for most that is literally all you can get. To even have the chance to get the 100g Ginseng or upgrade materials you have to have top tier gear to get the special boxes. In my clan, we already had multiple people that had gotten more than one 100g Ginseng in a single day. I quote from my clan's Discord;

"my 3rd Special chest
2nd Dried Ginseng
0.0"

These are people that had gotten it has their BT accessories and/or Raven Weapon and hell, some of them even have Sparkling Heptas and Brilliant Octas. This is literally an event where the rich gets richer and everyone else gets the short end of the stick. 

4 hours ago, Shuchin said:

You can buy 6 per day with HM coin PLUS 6 per day with NCoin, plus 3 from daily challenge.

Thats not true. Both currencies share the 6 limit/day.

All I read is "oh no I cant get the special chest". The event is about the gems you know? And you get the same fruits from both chests. Btw. not everyone gets many Ginseng from the chests.

4 hours ago, Joezilla said:

Mushins server group that has that has a bot in their discord that alerts everyone 3 mins before the boss.

The discord and bot helps a ton, but now we have ranged players knocking up boss to get special boxes and screw over the melee. You have to be a decent human being to daze or knock-back at start and near end to help players from awful people.

NCSOFT  didn't learn anything in all these years ...Nothing....new players have less to no chance to get any of the good stuff. Now i know why i left this game 1st time. The game has very poor optimization and the events seem to be targeted towards end game geared players. I do not mind farming for my items but aside bosses being dead in no time the drops from regular monsters are next to ZERO. I farmed for 2 hours and got nothing. If all future events are going to be this way ,might as well just put a 1000 credits entry fee so all the whales can just enjoy them without further interference from noobs like me .

Everyone is complaining about whales killing bosses to fast or them being their at all.......you do relize that the only reason they are mostly there is due to the fact that there is nothing else to do. 

Most of us (yes ill admit im pretty whale) have already farmed peaches to the point of nearly bleeding soft yellow/pink goo, so what are we gonna do for this event? Afk at next spawn and wait for boss. If you really are concerned about making money, do NS or Foundry or hope for a chance drop in DT. Go farm instances for your other mats and then farm peaches for the last peices. If you are concerned about the event, this is the first week, there will be tons of people there, its a long event, youll have time to go kill stuff. So dont get your panties in a bunch, just relax and do something else till it starts to clear out then go farm it.

While I'm far from a whale, I have gotten a few special chests due to high burst with SB in my party - besides the chance at ginseng (which i didn't get in any of them) there's not that much difference.  1 hit and you get a regular chest, and mobs drop them (I've gotten 7 regular chests last 2 days farming peaches, not including boss drops).  

If you can't pay attention to the announcement that gives you 3 minute warning and make it to the boss 1 minute before it spawns with all the information out there, then sure, go ahead and ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ about it on the forum...  But I do agree - the bosses should have more HP for this event so that ppl that come 30 seconds too late still have a chance.  That, however, would reduce my chance at special boxes since I'm all burst and no sustain compared to real whales so nevermind... :P

41 minutes ago, Duriensbane said:

Everyone is complaining about whales killing bosses to fast or them being their at all.....

I do not blame the end game players(and i chose the term whale poorly in my previous post..i apologize) for being there. I blame the game developer/publisher for how they designed the event. Not taking in consideration their new and not so hardcore players. Anyway sorry for my previous post was just a bit upset about this event is all.

7 hours ago, doitztard said:

The one with the shitty daily challenge reward box happening with the last trove was shittier at least here u get something lol, btw people have noted the time for boss spawns. If you can find the link you will know exactly when boss warning and boss spawn time. So look around.

spoken like a True Hongmoon Whale Stage 69.

Whale2Win guys whale2win

This game is soooo much better than b4. LOVE IT!!!

Archived