Is there any Talks/Plans of OCE/SEA servers coming around soon.

boxdogman

Hi this is more aimed at my fellow OCE/SEA players who are sitting of the 250-300 ping, and to NcSoft devs.

When the game was first put in beta and the packs where released you said that there was no plans for OCE servers and that it would be discussed at a later date in time, is there any news for us, any update.

And before you all go on the witch hunt that the ping should never be that high, where I live in Aus, the copper network is years old, and there is no planed upgrades for more than 2 years.

Even in Aus servers I AVG around 70-90 ping.

But to the point, I have seen posts and polls from over a year ago, with no real answers given to the player base.

I have tried opening ports and was advised by your support that use of WTFAST and such software's is not advised as it may flag your account.

We do have a strong player base in Aus, (I do not have numbers), but we cant compete in pvp,  The delay will kill us quicker then we can click, there is a few videos that ill link showing the delay in work.(Not my own)

The lag at work:

And the same combo shown in the video of the class:

Thank you , and I hope we can rally the support to have this happen.

Boxdogman

What Klaus said, Thailand is opening up their own server here soon but it means back to level 45 max with misty woods being the last thing open (think of launch for NA and you get launch of TH) So that is going to be the only draw back, you're going to be months behind Na and the last server to receive updates. 

i consider Thailand server isn't meant to be SEA, because everything are localize in thais. Like in taiwan, people outside thailand are gonna have a hard time pugging or doing any kinds of open world activities that involves communicating with locals.

Considering the similarities, might as well suggest SEA/OCE players to play in Taiwan instead.

Thailand server is garbage for aussie players, it's only slightly lower ping than NA and the company publishing it there is equally garbage.

Playerbase of OCE players is next to nothing these days, most of the aussies I knew quit or play off and on, same as many english speaking SEA players.

using WTFast or any ping booster won't flag your account, I used wtfast from launch and now use pingzapper and I never play without it, never had any issues with account being flagged or anything, if your not using one of these while playing then there's no point playing.

Also fibre vs copper affects speed more than latency, and our capital cities are connected to each other thru fibre cables now, so only local lines could have any issue. My ping while being 1km from exchange on adsl to the LoL server in brisbane is 45ms from melbourne, no ping booster used, since it wouldnt improve it anyway. 30ms or less is what I get while playing OW on the AUS server also.

6 hours ago, andayuna said:

i consider Thailand server isn't meant to be SEA, because everything are localize in thais. Like in taiwan, people outside thailand are gonna have a hard time pugging or doing any kinds of open world activities that involves communicating with locals.

Considering the similarities, might as well suggest SEA/OCE players to play in Taiwan instead.

Pugging on TW isn't that hard, the only issue i ever ran across was when it was a dungeon i had never run before and didn't know the mechanics. But that I just looked for my clan to help and they were all english speaking. Hell pugging over there is actually better then pugging here!  just the ping from NA is horrific lately. 

On 04/05/2017 at 7:06 PM, raiklock said:

There is hope for people who plays with 250-300ms.

Would love to get a Latin America Server, located in São Paulo.

How can NCsoft be so unresponsable with it's own game? They know that BnS is all about speed, ping... And don't do anything to help players in other regions.

One time, a staff member said something stupid:

"We don't have money. That's why we don't open other servers in regions like SA, SEA, OCN..."

For real. That's the best answer? "We don't have money". >I< don't have money, for God's sake... You have so much profit, even with that bad game named Lineage, which the only reason poeple don't leave that bad, old fashioned, outdated and not fun game, is because they invested sooo much time and money.

Blade and Soul gave people something we did not see on the market since Dragon Nest. A fun, fast peaced, with a nice mix between PvE and PvP, that is not P2W on the competitive PvP (1x1 and 3x3).

But no, you don't have money to invest on a game that DOES give a nice income? Please, don't send a staff member to LIE again.

Focus on give players a better ping. Just that. We don't want a better benefits for membership, we don't want extraordinary event, never seen before, we just want a better ping, the real speed that the game DEMANDS!

For real, it's was really sad when I could not clear Mushin's Tower when it was released... You need like 280 - 320 to clear, right (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a long time since Mushin's relase). I could only clear Mushin F10 when I was like 400 - 500 AP. Just because my animation is SOOOOOO slow and animation cancelling don't work as well nor make up for my handcaped ping. Result? Time out and get wiped.

I really don't want to belive that you, NCsoft, made an amazing baby and already want to throw it in the garbage can. Give the love this game deserves and the respect that your supporters/players deserve as well. 

You guys don't want people using edited files... Then give LA and other regions a server closer to them. We don't care if you'll need to launch with lv45 cap, with only Poharam to do. We don't care if it takes like 10 year to have the same content has other older regions and that we can't joing tournaments. We just want a good ping and enjoy the game has it should be.

2 hours ago, Lexis said:

For real, it's was really sad when I could not clear Mushin's Tower when it was released... You need like 280 - 320 to clear, right (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a long time since Mushin's relase). I could only clear Mushin F10 when I was like 400 - 500 AP. Just because my animation is SOOOOOO slow and animation cancelling don't work as well nor make up for my handcaped ping. Result? Time out and get wiped.

Couldn't agree more on this, I'm from SEA and I found that Mushin's Tower has the worst lag of all dungeons. I still can't clear Naksun because of the ridiculous lag inside till now and I don't know how am I going to kill Yunsang with whooping 6m hp and can kill me easily with just few hits. Please let that crappy tower die already.

As for SEA server, I don't think I'll play it as most SEA publishers prefer to run their games the P2W way. 

Just now, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I'm from SEA and tackled all contents up-to-date, including successfully-clearing Spire raid.

I challenge all Mushin's Tower contents, including Yunsang, with 200-270 in-game ping. I don't farm him cuz I still need 3 minutes to kill him with my current gear and he is not forgiving for a single mistake like previous Mushin bosses. Will come back when I get a Raven or Riftwalk.

I cleared spire too, just I don't know why my connection gets bad in mushin's tower only. I have around 290 ping in other places but inside mushin's tower it goes up to 400+ 

23 minutes ago, Liene said:

Couldn't agree more on this, I'm from SEA and I found that Mushin's Tower has the worst lag of all dungeons. I still can't clear Naksun because of the ridiculous lag inside till now and I don't know how am I going to kill Yunsang with whooping 6m hp and can kill me easily with just few hits. Please let that crappy tower die already.

As for SEA server, I don't think I'll play it as most SEA publishers prefer to run their games the P2W way. 

I'm from SEA and tackled all contents up-to-date, including successfully-clearing Spire raid.

I challenge all Mushin's Tower contents, including Yunsang, with 200-270 in-game ping. I don't farm him cuz I still need 3 minutes to kill him with my current gear and he is not forgiving for a single mistake like previous Mushin bosses. Will come back when I get a Raven or Riftwalk.

On 04/05/2017 at 8:06 AM, raiklock said:

There is hope for people who plays with 250-300ms.

As someone who plays from Australia too (Melbourne), I can tell you that I have seen this in action. THIS IS REAL. it works, you can use flicker at the same speed as NA players, it doesnt speed up dragontongue by much, but the difference with Flicker is HUGE. you can hold down LMB and use Searing Slash and Sundering Sword without any interruption of your Flicker, and imagine being able to transfer seamlessly between attacking and using block, no more needing to stop everything you are doing to block. This change makes that possible. from what I have ssen, this makes Warlock, BM and Destro play much smoother, although I have heard from other friends that FM is also better with this change.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, Kaida Hoshi said:

As someone who plays from Australia too (Melbourne), I can tell you that I have seen this in action. THIS IS REAL. it works, you can use flicker at the same speed as NA players, it doesnt speed up dragontongue by much, but the difference with Flicker is HUGE. you can hold down LMB and use Searing Slash and Sundering Sword without any interruption of your Flicker, and imagine being able to transfer seamlessly between attacking and using block, no more needing to stop everything you are doing to block. This change makes that possible. from what I have ssen, this makes Warlock, BM and Destro play much smoother, although I have heard from other friends that FM is also better with this change.

So have you used this? I was told by the support team use of this can result in bans, how long have you used it, any warring?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-10 at 0:15 AM, boxdogman said:

So have you used this? I was told by the support team use of this can result in bans, how long have you used it, any warring?

I have been using this for a while now, no warnings or anything. LET ME BE VERY CLEAR THO, changing this value doesnt allow you gain an advantage over others, it allows you to play at a closer level to low ping players, but you cant take advantage of this to cheat the system, there are other values that you can edit which can do this, but changing those would of course result in a ban, so dont even bother to ask

On 5/10/2017 at 7:16 PM, Zuzu said:

Any modifications to the XML files is bannable.

This is at your own risk as usual.

than you will have to ban 20-30% of the community.

there is a difference between modding and abusing.

lately in f8 i see SO MANY players who apply dps meter on 6-man. so ban them all? they dont abuse it or ruining the game.

same for the global latency settings,if you cant abuse it i dont see whats the problem.

also as time passes i hear more and more about more and more people who changed the global latency setting and has amazing experience with it.

still,as a RANK 10 premium,playing more than an year and enjoying the game i prefer not to touch any mod of any kind. (dont want to take any risk)

so please NCSOFT we dont want to break the rules,bring us patch with ability to change global latency settings so all high ping players can enjoy as players with low ping as 70ms.

OR,make it automatically match to the ping so no matter what ping you have your attack speed will always be the same.  (iam actually thinking about sending a ticket and suggest that)

• NCSOFT

Hello,

As per stated in our Rules of Conduct, modifying any part of the Blade & Soul Client can lead to an account termination. It's not about what is modified and even if you judge that a modification is harmless and does not give you any particular advantage, it is still a violation of our Rules of Conduct.

Archived