Fix 6v6 Crashing

Azumizan

[CRASHED] in two seperate matches this season in WWV. resulting a whooping loss of 120Points. Absolutely disgusting.

Gaining 7 points per win, it's an absolute pain in the ass to fix the "hole" caused by the DC point loss.

There should be an option to rejoin the match. 

• 3 weeks later...

I feel ya ... I've had 2 disconnects which totally rekt my score and class rank ... While I approve of the system and understand that quitters must be punished, it also punishes those who get unexpected internet errors ...

What I see from this heavy point penalty:

-People who disconnect suffer greatly and unjustly without a chance to fix it.

-Whale who wants to exploit this for faster and easier match-up in low rating. Imagine one single Raven user curbstorms everyone, save very skilled PvPers and other Raven users.

38 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

-Whale who wants to exploit this for faster and easier match-up in low rating. Imagine one single Raven user curbstorms everyone, save very skilled PvPers and other Raven users.

What I see from this penalty :

- I don't end up doing 5v6 whenever a high ap in my team sees that the other team has more ap than us, which is a pretty good thing in my opinion

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2017 at 8:31 PM, Alysha Hawkeye said:

There are tons of raven users in silver rank anyways. Unless they exploit it all the way back to 1300 bronze rank, or else it is pretty pointless. Also, after you exploit it all the way to low silver rank, will you have enough time to climb back up in time for seasonal reward? It is another thing to consider, especially the match up is totally random and battlefield is kinda dead (outside of frenzy time). If you have bad luck, you will always match up with bots or low gear players.

now its been 2 hours i've been trying to rank up a bit getting paired with complete idiots that just run around the map randomly in beluga , never take horns, warlocks that dont spam rmb 4 when i do aerial, unbalanced matchmaking as always... and then random crash and -60. it really hurts.

Today DCed once and crashed once, so in less than 2 hours lost 120 points. So decided to contact to support to gives us a solution for players that get DC or game crash and this is their great and brilliant respond:

" I understand your frustration in regards to the lost points on disconnections/game crashing.However it is intended that during disconnections ratings will be reduced by a specific amount.

Unfortunately we cannot restore lost ratings due to disconnections/game crashes.The connection issues can occur along any part of the network path between your/their computers and our servers. This is the nature of the Internet in general. Any point in the path can suffer congestion, causing lag or intermittent connectivity.

If you continue to experience disconnections/game crashes while playing, we encourage you to contact our Technical Support team so that they can help troubleshoot the disconnection/game crashing issue, allowing you to play without interruption."

BTW, I've never asked them to restore the lost rating, I simply asked them for an option to let us join back to the party as simple as it is, or any other solution. But, it seems they have no intention or whatsoever to address this issue. SO SAD.

Yeah I had game froze few days ago ...and stayed like that.....after about 5 mins I just had to kill it and yes lost 60 points...

should be an easy way to detect actual crashes? maybe you can get generate a crash report after you crash and send it so you can show it was a crash?

Also I see the inverse too, we are playing and one member crash so are 5v6 now...I think also the group should at least be given a handicap maybe in terms of points? if we lose we don't lose too much points? since it sad it happened like 3 times today ...a group member suddenly crash [I assume it's a crash] making it harder for us who remain too.

Another day another crash,
we are at a point where it is better to not even start a battleground session since you will end up with less points than before.
The way players get punished for these random crashes is a joke.

Fix this crashing -is rly frustrating to loose points while you are trying to pvp .I don't even like to pvp -this is another story -but the fact i'm forced to pvp for crafting and mats is just arrgh! So some unfortunate crash makes you loose points (again).NcWest,this is not fun. I don't wana get punished for playing a game ! This is frustrating -if you want your game to be enjoyable ,don't do this to your players.Keep the crafting mats out of pvp !

Maybe it shouldn't be 60 point? maybe if it as much points as you would lose if you lose a game it would be better? so people who just quit on purpose would get the same as if he played and lose thus gain nothing BUT those who get disconnected at least don't suffer too much.

yeah yesterday  I was about having one last game before I wanted to quit  when game got disconnected...very annoying, now I had to play a few more games to get close back to where I was and hoping it doesn't disconnect me again.

Hey, back to bump this thread after not touching BG for a bit over a week, since i'm gonna crash either way, went to do WWV for fun, since I'm at the rock bottom, whooping 1300 rating due to crashes previous season. 

Guess what, I crashed after 2 wins, resulting in 1343 --> 1300.

Fix this shit please. Thank you.

Crash counter: 10 In total, -600 points in total.

Archived