Thrall skin costumization

Kevi

Come on ncsoft how long do we have to wait. you  even have red thrall on mushin floor 17 and white thrall on upcoming raid. How many topics do we have create till you listen. Fighting floor 17 boss and seeing him flaunt that cool red thrall just makes me more pised off every time i see it. Put it on shop and sprinkle some free ones as dungeon rewards

dude that thrall have a short lifespan...who wanna waste their gold to make-up a 32 sec familiar...unless they change the thrall and make it like a sum familiar(no limited lifespan)...ppl might consider it...

It's actually 36 seconds, and CD time is 40 seconds. So it won't really be missed. It could be 32 seconds though, not sure about that. Regardless, it'll still be pretty cool. Especially since how obvious the colors of it will be.

Seriously though, I really wish the Thrall could be personalized some more. Especially since how cool it is.

2 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

You don't stun with Thrall? :D

If NCSoft adds gender option to Thrall, I believe the number of Warlock will skyrockets :P

Don't think so..

I have my Warlock since he was added, with the costume if you reach max lvl by the end of the term + that extra slot for him for non premium.

I did him fast to lvl 45 and left him there, to tell you the truth I made him for the costume and an extra craft slot for gems, because I think that the craft system in this game is really broken... and I hate crafting.

So more or less..  to start from 0. now ?  sure if you just started the game and you don't know how much grind you need to do.. sure.. but if you don't have that much free time and have a main...  people don't look at alts.

I agree with you, if summ are giving the chance to fully customize their cat, we should also have some too. The color of the thrall, the appearance(how about a mini raven king, haha), the size, or maybe some clothing. soulburn animation could get some customization too; the wings, the "cloth" party member gets, etc. Although I know it will be a decent amount of  work, but I will be one of the 1st one to purchase if avaiblable, and it make sense since you are making a tons of profit on summ, why wouldn't it be profitable for WL.

Also as a Main WL, i'm very desapointed that poeple in this thread says they summon the thrall only for soulburn. I agree that the thrall does almost no damage compared to us, but I always have my thrall around whenever it is available. 

Reasons:

1: thrall can Double Stun the boss.(very usefull)

2: Thrall can be called back(E) pretty often, giving you a burst of movement speed. You think its useless? then why do you think chi burst or other movement speed skill exist. It makes me so much safer when I'm the 1st one to arrive at the light circle in Naryu Sanctum, for example. Also when fighting small mobs, E thrall kills them, while giving you a movement speed bonus to walk to the next objective, how cool is that. Oh and if you read carefully, it breaks snare status for you, wink wink pvp utility. ;)

3: Thrall attack buff/hollowed ground/ gravity field. If you think the attack buff is useless, then you must think HM Soul is useless too. A 3% of AP boost just by standing inside the circle is not negligeable. Personally i have 953AP and it boost me to 980AP. FOR 15 SECONDS. And it can be cast again very often. Personally I dont use Hollowed ground but thats just some free energy to help you on your rotation. Gravity fields are very useful in PVP too. 

4:  Nether pulse does actually a good amount of free dmg for you, and the opposite, void slash is essential for pvp, sending you opponent flying much more often. 

If you think my 4 reasons are not enough to call your thrall more often, then please change class? If you think I helped you, feel free to share it and become a better Warlock. 

No thrall, no warlock. 

18 hours ago, newbiez said:

dude that thrall have a short lifespan...who wanna waste their gold to make-up a 32 sec familiar...unless they change the thrall and make it like a sum familiar(no limited lifespan)...ppl might consider it...

Me i would do it. People waste tons of money on less important and stupid shit. Tell how eye customisation for cat is important when u can barely see the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤er. aside from costumes other cat customisation are meaningless yet there are summoners that do it.

At least the thrall is big enough to make the colour change pop on screen. 

Also if u dont want dont spend ur money. there is an audience that wants it.

Soulburn doesn't have to be affected by thrall change. Maybe they can do it with some legendary thrall skins but i dont mind this being just a thrall thing.

5 minutes ago, NightRain said:

WTF why do you Wls want something but when they do it the prices are to high then you Bi.tch even more because you cant get it you want everything a cats has

have they released anything for thrall and you seen them ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ about it. If so stop talking like u know shit. You are just against it for no damn reason and here you are making assumption out of your ass.

There are people who want it and have been asking for it. if u dont want it dont bother commenting here honestly why are u even here if u play summoner or any other class.

You have people buying that stupid phoenix pack for 4000ncoins i dont think they will charge so much on just a reskin that is already in game. 

they can have simple colour changes drop from bosses and sell design changes at shop. Depending on the amount of detail and effects put on those skins even 2000ncoin might be acceptable.

While adding the actual color change requires only a single texture, there needs to also be a system to enable people to do the color changing. I'd assume that's the hold up. I mean, call it a loop. Make a whole new system just for color changing your thrall? While I myself am not against the idea (I do have a WL too) I do see that maybe from a dev standpoint it may be too much work for maybe too little a change. Perhaps if we had more customization options thrown in. Plus something involving the cash shop and a good amount of WL users willing to fork cash (because it's easier to say you pledge than actually pledging), MAYBE we could see something happening here. Again, I'm definitely not against the idea. i'm just trying to reason the cost to benefit ratio here.

It's all about priorities man. While customize-able thralls would be fun and are certainly not beyond the capabilities of NCsoft to implement, it'd be pretty low on their to-do list. As it currently stands, their list of priorities are probably the following: 

1) What brings in new and former players (i.e. New classes, storyline).

2) What makes money (Costumes, bundles, trove).

3) What keeps people from quitting (Bug fixes, re-balancing, QoL system changes).

4) Everything else.

but you know what tuff this Forum is for everyone like i sayed before WL are OP as is why do you want more maybe try a cat class you can change it stead of want want want how about you pay them for it they might do it

7 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

You don't stun with Thrall? :D

If NCSoft adds gender option to Thrall, I believe the number of Warlock will skyrockets :P

i imagined male thrall still have the same form like the original thrall
but female thrall is a cute little girl wearing black outfit 

I believe the number of Warlock will skyrockets :P

then put the price high in HM Store and WL player still buy it no matter what for change their default male thrall. Profit.

35 minutes ago, Fatalito said:

While adding the actual color change requires only a single texture, there needs to also be a system to enable people to do the color changing. I'd assume that's the hold up. I mean, call it a loop. Make a whole new system just for color changing your thrall? While I myself am not against the idea (I do have a WL too) I do see that maybe from a dev standpoint it may be too much work for maybe too little a change. Perhaps if we had more customization options thrown in. Plus something involving the cash shop and a good amount of WL users willing to fork cash (because it's easier to say you pledge than actually pledging), MAYBE we could see something happening here. Again, I'm definitely not against the idea. i'm just trying to reason the cost to benefit ratio here.

The system is already there for the cat with the costume menu how hard is it to make a copy of it just for warlock pet. Summoner even have the vendor at certain spots in the game who sell minor customisation for cat. Treat colour changes like costumes that drop from dungeons one for aura and one for skin. its just changing some values in codes. nothing to stressing when you already have red skin thrall in story quest and read aura thrall from floor 17 warlock. later whe get a 24 man dungeon with a white thrall boss that has different style chains and other accessories on shoulders.

43 minutes ago, Displeased said:

It's all about priorities man. While customize-able thralls would be fun and are certainly not beyond the capabilities of NCsoft to implement, it'd be pretty low on their to-do list. As it currently stands, their list of priorities are probably the following: 

1) What brings in new and former players (i.e. New classes, storyline).

2) What makes money (Costumes, bundles, trove).

3) What keeps people from quitting (Bug fixes, re-balancing, QoL system changes).

4) Everything else.

2) What makes money (Costumes, bundles, trove).+(thrall skins)

Don't know about u but the priority looks pretty high for me. warlock fanbase is pretty big + everyone knows warlock will pay for that edgy style.

Just now, Displeased said:

Well if you can convince them that thrall skins will make at least as much money as costumes, trove, etc. Then yes, thrall skins would indeed be high up on their priorities list.

You actually serious with that? You think warlock players will not throw their wallets at screen once they see some sick ass thrall designs.

Put a phoenix thrall skin on that phoenix bundle and lets see how many buy it.

46 minutes ago, Kevi said:

The system is already there for the cat with the costume menu how hard is it to make a copy of it just for warlock pet. Summoner even have the vendor at certain spots in the game who sell minor customisation for cat. Treat colour changes like costumes that drop from dungeons one for aura and one for skin. its just changing some values in codes. nothing to stressing when you already have red skin thrall in story quest and read aura thrall from floor 17 warlock. later whe get a 24 man dungeon with a white thrall boss that has different style chains and other accessories on shoulders.

It looks easy to copy and paste, and in most cases, it may be as easy as people say. I cannot defend any reason as to why not keep adding features as people ask for them, but I can give you an anecdote from personal experience and some chats with people who have made code in the past.

This sounds quite illogical but if you ask a dev, they may tell you it can happen, sometimes too frequently. Thing is, that adding perfectly working code into other perfectly working piece of code has an unusually high chance to create buggy code, and that this buggy code has no reason to be bugged because everything seems to be in place where it should be. And this ends up with many wasted man hours searching for a reason why that code simply decided to go Jinsoyun on them.

And I believe this is why many dev teams decide to no go too fast when adding things to their games. Features WILL be added (others will be removed sometimes), and the game will keep going forwards. But not everything a player calls for may be seeing the light of day, and reasons such as derpy code that doesn't work because of "f-you devs" may be what keeps them from doing everything they may be really able to do. Sure, it may NOT be the case here, but who knows in the end...

Again and for the 'nth time. I'm not against the idea, and I would love to see it implemented. More stuff to play with in the end. i'm just exploring the reasons why it may not be as easy as just copy/pasta.

1 hour ago, Fatalito said:

It looks easy to copy and paste, and in most cases, it may be as easy as people say. I cannot defend any reason as to why not keep adding features as people ask for them, but I can give you an anecdote from personal experience and some chats with people who have made code in the past.

This sounds quite illogical but if you ask a dev, they may tell you it can happen, sometimes too frequently. Thing is, that adding perfectly working code into other perfectly working piece of code has an unusually high chance to create buggy code, and that this buggy code has no reason to be bugged because everything seems to be in place where it should be. And this ends up with many wasted man hours searching for a reason why that code simply decided to go Jinsoyun on them.

And I believe this is why many dev teams decide to no go too fast when adding things to their games. Features WILL be added (others will be removed sometimes), and the game will keep going forwards. But not everything a player calls for may be seeing the light of day, and reasons such as derpy code that doesn't work because of "f-you devs" may be what keeps them from doing everything they may be really able to do. Sure, it may NOT be the case here, but who knows in the end...

Again and for the 'nth time. I'm not against the idea, and I would love to see it implemented. More stuff to play with in the end. i'm just exploring the reasons why it may not be as easy as just copy/pasta.

thanks for the info but this thread was made to inform ncsoft on this. Like u said none of us know because no one from dev team responds. it may happen or not im just making this demand. its up to nc soft to do what they want. So u either support this change or are against it for whatever reason. leave the programing work to ncsoft devs to figure out.

Just now, newbiez said:

hell...warlock need to buy thrall customize with hcoin while summoner just pay a few silver for it at npc?...what the hell

well its ,mostly useless stuff like eye shape or mouth shape. stupid shit like dhat not even worth 1 copper, im talking more in line with cat costumes that u get from boss or the f10 store. maybe f10 skins change sb too.

29 minutes ago, Kevi said:

thanks for the info but this thread was made to inform ncsoft on this. Like u said none of us know because no one from dev team responds. it may happen or not im just making this demand. its up to nc soft to do what they want. So u either support this change or are against it for whatever reason. leave the programing work to ncsoft devs to figure out.

Well if it's just a yes or no thread, then consider myself on the yes side. I don't "demand" is as you put it. My stance is more on the "if it's possible". But yeah, why say no to more content? I always believe that more stuff for us is better. Anyway, with nothing else to add (you just stated nothing else from me is needed here after all), I leave the thread as well. :)

Archived