Forums

Soul Fighter / Chi master are we being forced into being a ranged class?

Just wondering because i see many items like mystic badges and more aswell as the forced  SS back step to ranged only specks . everything i am coming across is for  ranged damage what was really a class imbalance. if anyone has more info you can post hear on ___"melee"___ pvp/pve items for SF please do and any info on the ranged if you can  

Where are you seeing mystic badges for ranged skills?

Yeah they did switch SS to elemental stance change, but badges have always been tailored to melee. If anything, melee is encouraged even more with the badges imo.

Enhanced frost storm / kingfist, iron shoulder effects, and maybe some other non-attack effects, but nothing for range /shrug

Edited by Inundated
  • 3 months later...

i think you miss understood what i as saying and focused on 1 part of the issue its not that the badge is for ranged it is that they promote it  because some are for  old chi master that  had other skills and spells that are naw missing for instance the melee mystic i have you have to walk up to a mob/bossmob/player and hit them till you get so many stacks then you have to use an approach in the face then f  to activate it what may work in some rare cases in pvp but its not going to do much and sertenly is backwards for pve . :D 

I main frost SF and I honestly don't see your point.

The Dragon bracelet is melee only as it boosts Froststorm, BT 8 Set boosts Froststorm, Blue Moon Soul Badge is for 2 and F on melee stance and Pulse Mystic Badge boosts Froststorm as well. Also Chokma/Raven weapon is buffing your melee skills.

So gearwise there's nothing in PvE that "forces" you into ranged stance. The ONLY times when I use ranged stance is when my Q and E on melee are on CD and I still need more iframes, when I need to get out of something and SS (and then use Tab to get back to melee, maybe sometimes using V, 3 or LMB/RMB to do some dmg before switching back) or when I need to stun.

• 2 weeks later...

You SS, Tab and 2, it's really not that much of a bother, e.g. for NF if you do 3 for the flowers, you SS back into the first flower, Q & E into the other two, Tab and 2 to the boss.

I don't mind if they make it an option again to have your stance changed or not, but I really like the way it is now, especially in PvP and SF already got a short straw when it comes to PvP.

1 hour ago, Plushtrap said:

You SS, Tab and 2, it's really not that much of a bother, e.g. for NF if you do 3 for the flowers, you SS back into the first flower, Q & E into the other two, Tab and 2 to the boss.

I don't mind if they make it an option again to have your stance changed or not, but I really like the way it is now, especially in PvP and SF already got a short straw when it comes to PvP.

Except that tab has a relatively big cooldown. And switching stance on SS is just an ugly fix for that.

• 1 month later...

I tried this class and did WAY more damage ranged then I did melee, melee was so weak I would have to stay at a distance in order to actually hurt anything. This makes no sense because it states at low to mid levels you should melee more. Why would I melee if the damage is so horrible?

20 hours ago, Vampiregoat69 said:

I tried this class and did WAY more damage ranged then I did melee, melee was so weak I would have to stay at a distance in order to actually hurt anything. This makes no sense because it states at low to mid levels you should melee more. Why would I melee if the damage is so horrible?

That's odd. I do much more damage as melee. However, it may be the opposite on low levels because of lack of skillpoints and gear bonus. I remember that I used ranged stance more often while leveling.