Nenuviel

Ebondrake Citadel doesn´t really need "only stealth" and high requirements so stop making an easy dungeon complicated

Recommended Posts

Nenuviel   

Ok just wanted to say for those who don´t know Ebondrake Citadel it's really easy i don´t understand why people are like " oh, we dont have stealth , its a fail party im out" or " you must have 800+ ap and or hm 10- 11.." etc...

Guys even if you don´t have stealth, you can do the dungeon easily with a forcemaster aswell, giving my example i was the only one with 770 ap and rest of the party as arround 600-700 with even one guy with 560 ap, the only thing you have to do is to iframe when the boss aoes,simple as that and here's how you do it:

 

Every member have to STAY CLOSE to the boss EXCEPT the forcemaster so the boss has his sights on the force cause,for those who don´t know,the person that he has his sights doesn´t get to sleep.. that way the forcemaster can freeze the whole party when the aoe comes.

 

It's only that.. really simple... sometimes its even more simple then the stealth ppl i encounter cause most of them are like " when should i stealth? when he throws... or after?.. and so on.."and failed to manage the stealth so i came up with this to make it less confusing

 

Note: Of course if you have stealth and higher damage the dungeon is faster.. but people don´t prevent other's from doing the dungeon aswell ok? they also need it, let's all help this community grow up and help those who are weak to became stronger instead of pushing them away...

Sorry if it ended a long post and also about my english, i just wanted to say this and thank you for your time

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
csisy   

I thought the stealth is against the projectiles so the boss targets the marked person who is immune to the projectile damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nenuviel   
7 minutes ago, csisy said:

I thought the stealth is against the projectiles so the boss targets the marked person who is immune to the projectile damage.

that and prevent the aoe damage.. but you dont really need it  you can just move aside from it

Edited by Nenuviel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadovvv   

Well here's the thing: If you don't have stealth, the boss doesn't give out the buff that helps kill him faster, and therefore takes longer to die.

 

I mean you CAN kill him without it if you want to take more time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Yeah, last night we had a sin and a summoner who never bothered to use stealth and instead, a fm's freeze allowed us to complete this dungeon. Easy with current event buff. Things will get dirty later again. Because, it's like 1 out of 10 finding someone who can time their stealth correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need stealth so that the marker gets a buff when the first projectile hits, which then gets distributed to the entire party, which then gets absorbed by the boss when he grabs someone and the boss gets his health reduced by 5 million if all of that is done right. 

 

At higher gear it's actually faster to just dps the boss to death, and that's why they are requesting 800+ for it.

 

But if the entire party is 600-700 then you do actually need stealth, specially considering that new players start with that much AP.

New players also don't understand how to optimize their DPS with their class, they don't even have HM skills, and they have about 45% crit chance (which is abysmal) so even with the event buff they are DPSing as much as a player with 500 or so AP before they removed the old weapon system

 

Just wait and see what happens after the event buff goes away. I bet those 600-700s won't be able to clear the dungeon without doing the mech

Edited by sephy Kun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   

Yes, you can cheese the mechanics like that. Actually, HM blocks can do the same thing too. People prefer to do stealth because if the stealth mechanic is successful, the boss will do self damage afterward. If you have to cheese this mechanics, people have to dps a lot harder to make up the damage.

 

Now with the AP boost event, probably people can do it without problem in normal mode. However, after event, people may have problems to dps it down unless everyone in the party has at least 20-25k dps/sec. Nowadays, there are tons of 800-900 players who can only dps 15-20k/sec even with SB/BB. I usually check their soul shields and critical rate/damage beside the AP value. AP value can be cheesed nowadays with all the HM points put into attack and then wear pvp shield to boost their HP to make them look like a decent player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hwalien   

if you have sin/summoner in your group, you expect to them to stealth. but when they don't some ppl panic and use freeze/hm block too early.

these skill share cd so if someone use it panic, that's it.

 

last night EC run on my FM was kinna weird. i used freeze after fail stealth. those who got targeted by boss got frozen but two of us got airborne.

any idea how this happened or did i mess this up somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hwalien   
37 minutes ago, SecretLyn said:

HM Block/ice/stealth have different global cooldowns.

not being sarcastic but I don't see how you could have understood what I was trying to say.

maybe its my limited English skills. sorry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FrozenB said:

P value can be cheesed nowadays with all the HM points put into attack and then wear pvp shield to boost their HP to make them look like a decent player.

If you see a Summoner player with PvP soulshield and True Ivorymoon weapon recruiting, don't join them. They are mostly EC bots that just leech and do no mechanic.

 

Back to the topic, the non-stealth method has long existed, even before Zakhan's Dark Void gets nerfed from instant wipe to just dealing some damage. Yeah, you can ignore mechanic with some class skills if you do it right. However, doing so means you have to compensate the boss self-damaging mechanic with your own DPS. You stop DPS for 3s to deal 5m HP, or you continue DPS and suffer longer time to clear the dungeon - your choice.

Edited by Alysha Hawkeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nala   

I can confirm that you no longer need stealth to complete this dungeon, we even had no fm and still did it. What I did was use hm block while the 2 warlocks in the group put down sanctum, I believe thats what it called and we lost only a little bit of health whenever he did the aoe but no one died. Also even desolate tomb is a joke this update lol ran with a group of people last night that didnt know any of the mechanics and somehow we managed to kill the final boss with a min and 23 secs left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
newbiez   
2 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

If you see a Summoner player with PvP soulshield and True Ivorymoon weapon recruiting, don't join them. They are mostly EC bots that just leech and do no mechanic.

 

Back to the topic, the non-stealth method has long existed, even before Zakhan's Dark Void gets nerfed from instant wipe to just dealing some damage. Yeah, you can ignore mechanic with some class skills if you do it right. However, doing so means you have to compensate the boss self-damaging mechanic with your own DPS. You stop DPS for 3s to deal 5m HP, or you continue DPS and suffer longer time to clear the dungeon - your choice.

yes ppl just want the boss self-damaging effect..imagine if this effect implying to hm block and fm sheath as well...im doubt ppl still want that stealth because right now the hot topic sum bot at ec still there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
newbiez   
7 hours ago, Nala said:

I can confirm that you no longer need stealth to complete this dungeon, we even had no fm and still did it. What I did was use hm block while the 2 warlocks in the group put down sanctum, I believe thats what it called and we lost only a little bit of health whenever he did the aoe but no one died. Also even desolate tomb is a joke this update lol ran with a group of people last night that didnt know any of the mechanics and somehow we managed to kill the final boss with a min and 23 secs left. 

ap pt members? and u got wl to burst the dmg...with their sb buff...just wait when the ap boost event over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemy   

You actually never really needed stealth to do the dungeon in the first place, it just made things go quicker and ensured that the party killed the boss. The update just made it even easier to do without stealth. You don't even need a fm either just saying.

Edited by Lemy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if in normal difficult fail in stealth is ok, but if in hard one low hp less than 100000 fails stealth once will be killed instantly by zarken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadovvv   
1 hour ago, newbiez said:

normal and hard mecha still the same right? the dif is hp and dmg right?

No. Normal mode has a lot less mechanics involved, and Zakhan's attacks are more manageable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
newbiez   
18 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

No. Normal mode has a lot less mechanics involved, and Zakhan's attacks are more manageable.

such as? does the 90% 60% 30% on last boss different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadovvv   
8 minutes ago, newbiez said:

such as? does the 90% 60% 30% on last boss different?

  • Bukka does mechanics at 90/60/30%, instead of every 10%.
  • Zakhan does mechanics at 90/60/30%, instead of 90/70/50/30/10%.
  • Zakhan always does mechanics in the middle.
  • Zakhan doesn't do wide sweeps, teleport, or sawblade, he will only do the former two if his aggro holder stands too far away, and the wide sweep is significantly slower.
  • Zakhan doesn't fake mark anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
newbiez   
47 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:
  • Bukka does mechanics at 90/60/30%, instead of every 10%.
  • Zakhan does mechanics at 90/60/30%, instead of 90/70/50/30/10%.
  • Zakhan always does mechanics in the middle.
  • Zakhan doesn't do wide sweeps, teleport, or sawblade, he will only do the former two if his aggro holder stands too far away, and the wide sweep is significantly slower.
  • Zakhan doesn't fake mark anyone.

oh i see..ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You won't need stealth after event in normal mode depending on your gear. Before event my friends and I ran the dungeon only with a fm for freeze and no stealth. However hard mode is a different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do realize the buff event and normal/hard modes came out at the same time. How is there a 'before"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites