How to beat Destroyers as FM in TOI

Blackstray

Let me tell you smth about TOI that other players might not pay attention to...or just dont care. I dont care about it aither cuz TOI is retardness on steroids, but since you seem to care, I will share few things with you.

Now, prolly you heard alot that you will level through the floors based on your skills and your gear.

Wrong.

You will level solely based on your gear. Your stats actually. The TOI bots react according to your gear not your skill, and you will notice different gameplay by them if you , lets say put full pvp soulshields or pve soulshields. If you put pvp soulshields, your pvp stats will increase, and bots will recognize it and engage in easier gameplay. If you put pve soulshields, they will go for the kill. And I tested it.

On my HM11 assasin I went TOI with galaxy dagger and pve soulshields equiped. Assaasin at 25th floor got me without letting me doing 2 decent combos. 

And no. its not only the damage. Its the gameplay. If you apear with low stats, the bots will stop you form going higher than projected, no matter what . They will resist averything at any time and will anticipate everymove. If the dungeon projected that you are undergeared to go higher the bot will kill you no matter what you do.

I then went with PvP soulshield. I didnt face assassin at floor 25 but I did at 32. And didnt have many problems. They are pesty but at that lvl they will let you kill them, and will just see to stall as much as possible.

Other classes have same reactions according to your stats, but they have different misions. Some will be there to stall, some to provide easier fight, some to kill you.

Verdict.

TOI is rigged and stupid.

Wow, very insightful Backstabpuss. I already knew wearing PvP soul shields made fighting ToI bots easier, but I didn't realize they completely change their gameplay based on your gear/stats. If you come across this post, would you care to explain how win/lose/draw in round 5 works? I've seen myself lose even after quickly curb-stomping the bot and other times win after longer, drawn-out fights.

Backstabpuss, i am sin hm10, bale 6 right now. I always go with pve ss thanks for the information. Other, what will happend, if i put some low dagger :D ?

Btw, you can change the equip after enemy show up ?

Destroyer spin is bit slower than BD so its easier to find opening between spins.

but if you stay too far away, AI will wait till you trow something at them to spin parry.

save at least one escape for their fury and make sure to use veil right away if you ss escape.

yeah, i know... spin is pain in the a$$ and once Destroyer get you in stun lock, only thing you can do is pray that it doesn't 100-0(doesn't happen if you have pvp ss but if your using pve ss more than half the time they will 100-0 and have some cc left over).

gl...

• 2 weeks later...

1. stay away and spam long distance skills

2. trow him away from you when he go near you

3. save some escape skill for his grab/spin/other locking skills

4. you can use invu+heal(ice statue) when he spin. bots ussually heal you for at least 25%

thats basic to use FM vs almost every class (especially destroyer).

yes, but most destro combo this days can be escaped if you have esc skill. And pls dont be like most ppl which cry about destro spin, becouse its 1 SS and your 100% save, when destro just waste his chi/focus, when you can already dmg him. Alternativly just use ice statue skill and reg hp (or save it for furry).

17 minutes ago, Irisdina said:

yes, but most destro combo this days can be escaped if you have esc skill. And pls dont be like most ppl which cry about destro spin, becouse its 1 SS and your 100% save, when destro just waste his chi/focus, when you can already dmg him. Alternativly just use ice statue skill and reg hp (or save it for furry).

That's all true but you might forget one thing: ToI is about speed and Destro is either burst-it-down or waste-much-time for FM. And there are still problems with the cc. Destro has way too many cc and in ToI they never run out of focus and they got too many resets. Of course you can escape everything but he will cc you as soon as he can and you can't wait out every cc not using an escape because he will hold you in an long cc chain every time as long as you dont escape and that leads to my first line: You will lose too much time.

OK. but look at being close to him: 1= stun, 2= stun, q=stun, 4= knokdown, z= knockdown, f= daze/knokdown 

being away: 1= stun, 2= stun

I think its eassy to see which option have more way to drain you 100->0 or waste your time.

Im not saiyng your wrong. Your absolutly right that destro in ToI is one of the worst enemy, becouse of all this cc, which can eassly waste your time, or allow him to take you tons of hp. But as for me (FOR ME) its better to stay away from him as FM. especially if you manage to circle him and stay bahind him/on his left/right side. This way he cant use 1 and 2 on you.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:43 PM, Irisdina said:

ToI bots use 3 stun(1,2,v. you can't count q since it need 5 hits).

1, z is pull daze. 1 seems to be always stun for ToI bot. i might be noob for saying this but i just don't see any reason why anyone would use z for KD in pvp or in ToI. there is Power slam Z but that's after grab.

f daze is normally not used by bots in ToI unless you have your block up. I think only time i've seen destroyer using F daze when I was playing with BM and destroyer. and being away, as long as we keep freeze up, destroyer can't use 1 or 2. I would use C to iframe and get close but ToI bot doesn't do this. So why do FM have issue with ToI destroyer bots? 

Parry Spin!!!

FM has 3 escape including f roll. even in arena my destroyer can have FM burn these 3 escapes in no time. 1 ss does not save you from parry spin cus parry spin does not go in to cd just because you got parried once. you can hit into parry cc over and over. in arena, if you keep hitting into parry spin, that your fault. but this is ToI we're talking about. ToI destroyer will not spin all the time until they run out of chi like we do, these bots will time your attack to parry spin especially if your too far away.  and when you do hit into one of these parry spin, doesn't matter human user or bot, destroyer will be right in front of your face chain ccing you to death. 

if it is not because of the badge, I wont do TOI at all because it is about gears and you cant beat the bots.

the moment you escape from cc until you hit a key is about 0.5 sec for good ping and fast response.

0.5 sec is dam long for bots to conduct multiple skills. thats why I always say I felt I am retarded in TOI.

On 01/05/2017 at 11:47 AM, Backstabpuss said:

Let me tell you smth about TOI that other players might not pay attention to...or just dont care. I dont care about it aither cuz TOI is retardness on steroids, but since you seem to care, I will share few things with you.

Now, prolly you heard alot that you will level through the floors based on your skills and your gear.

Wrong.

You will level solely based on your gear. Your stats actually. The TOI bots react according to your gear not your skill, and you will notice different gameplay by them if you , lets say put full pvp soulshields or pve soulshields. If you put pvp soulshields, your pvp stats will increase, and bots will recognize it and engage in easier gameplay. If you put pve soulshields, they will go for the kill. And I tested it.

On my HM11 assasin I went TOI with galaxy dagger and pve soulshields equiped. Assaasin at 25th floor got me without letting me doing 2 decent combos. 

And no. its not only the damage. Its the gameplay. If you apear with low stats, the bots will stop you form going higher than projected, no matter what . They will resist averything at any time and will anticipate everymove. If the dungeon projected that you are undergeared to go higher the bot will kill you no matter what you do.

I then went with PvP soulshield. I didnt face assassin at floor 25 but I did at 32. And didnt have many problems. They are pesty but at that lvl they will let you kill them, and will just see to stall as much as possible.

Other classes have same reactions according to your stats, but they have different misions. Some will be there to stall, some to provide easier fight, some to kill you.

Verdict.

TOI is rigged and stupid.

From my ToI experience the AI is really unpredictable. Sometimes they will drop combo (= start combo then stop attacking/cc) and sometimes they will chain the ccs for a long 15sec. My highest right now is F66 where I had to beat a BM it was an easy fight . But later at F62, a BM cc chained me forever. I am using full msp for lower floors since i need to burst the hell out of those bots and 5 challenger + 3 xanos at F50+. So imo the AI acts in a very unpredictable way.

As for the destroyer, they never use fury unless you have used your tab escape but even so, getting caught by a destro means they will cc chain you. Oh and sometimes they will even try to extend cc duration which can't be done because cc extension only works once i.e. Shield Stun 3sec > ram 2sec extension > leap no extension. Yep the AI is op but also retarded sometimes. 

Archived