Can I get banned for using WTFast or Pingzapper?

Danteee

Like the title, I was putting up with horrible ping for more than a year. I'm thinking about using ping reducer to make my experience more comfortable. But I read a lot of topics about how NCsoft banned VPNs users and ping reducing programs. I need a confirmation about this, in case getting a ban for unknowning. It would take days and a lot of effort for customer services to lift it.

Yes, you can. But, even knowing that almost everyone uses one. Not only ping boosters, people also use alternate launchers for fps problems and yeah most people got banned because of these and they mostly lift first ban with a warning telling you to not use them, second one is permanent.

ping zapper does effect the game, but it does nothing to the game files itself, more along the lines of your isp gave you a router to use, but you bought a different one, they cant terminate your contract because of that. Its the same thing, using a different launcher is different, since you are forcing the action of the game itself to work differently, which its considered a 3rd party program.

According to some Community Managers and Jonathan you should not get banned for using VPN. It can flag with the system as a 3rd party program but contacting the support should fix that also. If you are not sure you can ask support also beforehand just to make sure.

I am using pingzapper for more than a year.
But i heard they can ban you for changing your ip too often. So you should stick to one vpn server and don't switch over to another just to be on the safe side. 
Also - sometimes VPNs could leed to problems with chat (you can't see or write in some chats), so this happends. In that case - wait for an update to your VPN client or change VPN to another one that does not suffer from it.

4 hours ago, Nyaha said:

But i heard they can ban you for changing your ip too often.

That's not reasonable. Many people, like me, have ISP's which doesn't give you a static IP. If that was the case I would be banned already, because everytime I reconnect the internet I may receive a new IP.

Maybe the cause is related or not but there're growing Googled cases of GM bans when using Razer Cortex with Trion games, especially ArcheAge is a ticket to a sure GM ban,  I do NCSOFT games like Blade & Soul and Aion with Cortex which has lots of other cool features besides the booster and had no problems. Good work NCSOFT!  I don't know whether these bad bans are a automatic bad log-in tripwire thing or just a GM sticking it on someone to make a hacker quota (happened on Royal Quest), but just a heads up in case something happens with you. MMORPG,com is investigating the whole ban issue I'm glad. 

You shouldn't be banned for using WTFast or PingZapper. Plain and simple. If you live in a region where your internet is horrendous but you want to play, you should be allowed to us it. People use WTFast and PingZapper for one of two reasons: their ISP is a pile of garbage or NCsoft's servers is too unstable. Plus, it's not exactly free. It costs a few dollars a month to use it in the first place, so there's already a price to pay for using it. But that's just my opinion on it. 

Archived