Is Dawnforge/Riftwalk any good

Ujarac

so I've been seeing alot more people actually getting dawnforge/riftwalk weapon and I have to ask is it actually anygood? Like the bonuses you get from it really didn't seem to amazing to have it, like the critical rate and critical damage seem okay but nothing really special since its only like a small boost going from baleful/seraph stage 11 to riftwalk/dawnforge stage 2. also it doesn't even tell you what the skyshatter effect does so that's kind of a gamble to get it and figure out what it does. just wondering if any has this and thinks its better then baleful/seraph stage 10-12 and why its better.

hi there

im joining to the question above and i also want to know if the continu ( later stages ) of the dawnforge/riftwalk weapon will be any match to the raven weapon?

or is it an absolute must to go with raven if you seek to have the best weapon?

thank you

Hello, I am a KFM on Yehara, Ylkrad be my IGN, i actually went Bael stage 10> Dawnforged stage 1. I have not used the seraph path, so i don't know the effectiveness of the Rift walker version sadly, but from what i could see from alt + mouse in combat, i got the following:

Each stack of sky shatter( the buff on the weapons)  adds +20AP and lasts 30 seconds, the proc chance is the same as the baelful weapon proc for 10 stacks, however, you can only get 5, and it only takes 5 buffs  to reset your skill cooldowns.

Once you get 5 buffs, you gain an 8 second buff with the following:

+100AP

+100% crit rate

+10% focus on hit ( when your dealing damage )

+3400% Additional damage relative to your current AP (buffs from your soul,  your tremor if you are kfm,your resistance buff at HM10, the draken necklace buff)

- For 5 hits^ ( i get 10 applications of the skill, maybe its cut in half for some reason, but it would make sense that i can get 10 total stacks on any attack)

Currently i am at 932 AP, so the bonus damage is a little over 200k on adverage  or 19k~22k a proc depending on my buffs and stacks, remember this is stage 1, i dont know if stage 2 or 3 have bonus abilities tied to the skyshatter effect. but stage 3 looks different, and might. but yes- i do find myself on adverage killing noticeably faster.

It is no raven weapon, but i heard from very veteran friends who play tw/kr BnS that it is comparable or sometimes better than raven. Not sure about that- but both are powerful and valid choices, maybe the later dawn/rift stages have better buffs or more effects that raven doesnt have.

Raven will always be better than riftwalk/dawnforge weapons no matter how high you go with upgrading it.

And just to answer your question: riftwalk/dawnforge weapons are for people who cant run BT for some stupid reason, thats why this path exists.

57 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Raven will always be better than riftwalk/dawnforge weapons no matter how high you go with upgrading it.

And just to answer your question: riftwalk/dawnforge weapons are for people who cant run BT for some stupid reason, thats why this path exists.

yeah I already know raven will always be better. just wanted to know if its still just as good as raven or on the same lvl to me at first it just sounded like it was shit. 

welp, from seraph 10 to riftwalk i get +13k dps on longgui. If i get raven upgrade mat early, i will try to revert weap back to seraph10. Or i'll just wait till riftwalk will be revertable to raven. Needless to say i dont regret that upgrade.

1 hour ago, SilentOne said:

welp, from seraph 10 to riftwalk i get +13k dps on longgui. If i get raven upgrade mat early, i will try to revert weap back to seraph10. Or i'll just wait till riftwalk will be revertable to raven. Needless to say i dont regret that upgrade.

The only way to get to raven from riftwalk is to wait till later stages are released and at stage6 onwards you can upgrade to raven. Thats the only way besides upgrading to raven from stage10-12 baleful/seraph.

6 hours ago, NightFer said:

The only way to get to raven from riftwalk is to wait till later stages are released and at stage6 onwards you can upgrade to raven. Thats the only way besides upgrading to raven from stage10-12 baleful/seraph.

and that is if they ever release that weapon evo path

Right now, I just upgraded to seraph stage 12 and wouldn't upgrade to riftwalk yet because I am currently running BT raid run each week. As soon as I get the raven mats, then I will go raven stage 3 directly. If I haven't gotten the raven mats until they release the stage 6 riftwalk weapon path, then I will go riftwalk path and then switch to raven path in later stages. I don't bother to consider reverting my weapon because I had many experiences before that GM turned me down in reverting my weapon even I upgraded it for like 2-3 weeks. I don't bother to take the chance of having raven mats, but not able to upgrade from riftwalk weapon yet.

To be honest, for all the dungeons in this game at this moment, we don't even need riftwalk weapon path. In 6v6 battlefield, raven weapon still dominates because of its elemental dmg bonus. The bonus from riftwalk/dawnforged is minimal in battlefield. 

Dawn/Riftwalk to me is amazing. Thanks for giving this weapon as an option beside Raven, now I can enjoy BM again (even with 300ms+). =D

So easily trigger to stack 5 during boss.

Well still Raven sure better with elemental Dragon Tongue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2017 at 8:37 PM, Ylkrad said:

Hello, I am a KFM on Yehara, Ylkrad be my IGN, i actually went Bael stage 10> Dawnforged stage 1. I have not used the seraph path, so i don't know the effectiveness of the Rift walker version sadly, but from what i could see from alt + mouse in combat, i got the following:

Each stack of sky shatter( the buff on the weapons)  adds +20AP and lasts 30 seconds, the proc chance is the same as the baelful weapon proc for 10 stacks, however, you can only get 5, and it only takes 5 buffs  to reset your skill cooldowns.

Once you get 5 buffs, you gain an 8 second buff with the following:

+100AP

+100% crit rate

+10% focus on hit ( when your dealing damage )

+3400% Additional damage relative to your current AP (buffs from your soul,  your tremor if you are kfm,your resistance buff at HM10, the draken necklace buff)

- For 5 hits^ ( i get 10 applications of the skill, maybe its cut in half for some reason, but it would make sense that i can get 10 total stacks on any attack)

Currently i am at 932 AP, so the bonus damage is a little over 200k on adverage  or 19k~22k a proc depending on my buffs and stacks, remember this is stage 1, i dont know if stage 2 or 3 have bonus abilities tied to the skyshatter effect. but stage 3 looks different, and might. but yes- i do find myself on adverage killing noticeably faster.

It is no raven weapon, but i heard from very veteran friends who play tw/kr BnS that it is comparable or sometimes better than raven. Not sure about that- but both are powerful and valid choices, maybe the later dawn/rift stages have better buffs or more effects that raven doesnt have.

I recently got stage 3 dawnforged, the dps up besides from the obvious are noticeable.

Stage 3 gains 2 Ap per stack (20>22AP on stage 3, total of 110 AP- the proc chance feels faster).

for "5" attacks ( its 10, in the combat window) +4300% attack damage, up from 3400.

its interesting at least, i know raven feels much better, but i don't regret my choice at all.

no depends what you have an what class you are, if you have baleful you fine, if you have seraph you're not one of those bots from ToI that get seraph stack every attack they get. So you should go for a leg that stacks effect when attacking not when attacked.

16 hours ago, RavTH said:

no depends what you have an what class you are, if you have baleful you fine, if you have seraph you're not one of those bots from ToI that get seraph stack every attack they get. So you should go for a leg that stacks effect when attacking not when attacked.

?

just becuase you can make a video doesnt mean you should. simply put. 

Praetor (KR des and high quality streamer) is raven 6. As an earth destroyer. The "proof" hes talking about is a dps test done by an extreamly high geared Des from KR that has pretty much everything we could want out of end game, including items which have not been released to us. The riftwalk path will be better later on, but not right now. Currently the best weapon is the Raven path. The dps tests that were done to proof that riftwalk was better was using soul shields and badages from VT (vortex temple) which we do not have access to right now.  Will the later stages of riftwalk path prove to be better then the current raven, probly...is that a reason to go riftwalk and sit on it? No, not really. Since we have gotten the upped rewards for personal nontradeable mats, making a 2nd weapon is easier then ever. I would susgest doing that before reverting a weapon simply because some guy that can make videos says you should. 

On 5/13/2017 at 0:11 AM, Ylkrad said:

I recently got stage 3 dawnforged, the dps up besides from the obvious are noticeable.

Stage 3 gains 2 Ap per stack (20>22AP on stage 3, total of 110 AP- the proc chance feels faster).

for "5" attacks ( its 10, in the combat window) +4300% attack damage, up from 3400.

its interesting at least, i know raven feels much better, but i don't regret my choice at all.

Just save materials for upgrade it to Raven later. When Automaton Foundry is out, you can go Dawn/Rift 6 :P

Use this site for reference. Subject to change, of course.

i'd say a good thing to do is go dawn/rift stage 3 from bale/seraph. Farm ur elemental jewels, ur bracelet, slowly gather mats for raven weapon when u can. Honestly the time it takes for some of us to get to raven 3 we could possibly farm other stuffs that will end up giving more benefits. Once next update comes BT will be a lil easier to do and will be done more often, get ur weapon to 6 and change to raven from there if u will :) Also depending on ur class it will be easier to get jewels than other stuff. It's all a matter of plan.

Archived