Sign in to follow this  
bellacwir

New to warlock

So I'm new to Warlock and I wanna ask some questions.

-Frost or Shadow and why?

-DPS rotation?
-Seraph or baleful and why?

BaalV   

It all depends on your choice. Ice build deals a little bit more dmg, consumes less focus, but your skill casting will be much slower, whereas Shadow build makes you total unpredictable fast caster. It also deals alot of damage if you are a good player. Seraph is good cause you are able to cast leech more often therefore you do not stuck with cooldowned skills and it is "must have" for Frost build. On the other hand, for Shadow build is good either seraph and baleful. Shadow build gives you more ways to unlock your Dragon Helix which you can cast immediately (great for pvp), what's more you don't need as much leech as in Frost build. Instead of getting leech faster, baleful will give you dmg boost to Helix. People usually offend the others who use baleful razor for being "noob", but I don't think that way. If you really like the baleful then go for it (in shadow build ofc).

Edited by BaalV

Kisagii   

Actually if you have the blue moon badge then seref is a must have for shadow users and also benefits them more. The reason why is because it uses leech a lot for it's 4f spams. 

As for frost build even without it you will still be doing a good amount of dps, but you will only be able to do so if you have the magnum badge. If you don't have magnum badge and start using weapons like raven something else without the leech cd reduction then your rotation will feel slow simply because you have nothing to keep your rotation going. If you have magnum your uptime on your rotation should be up all the time unless you make a mistake and only have a 1-2sec down time.

So I would recommend getting both magnum and blue moon badge as soon as possible.

Sacro   

Shadow build is superior in every way. Helix badge, mix with Leech CD when we get the mixer, and Salvo mystic badge. Before mystic badge you will rotate RMB -> F -> RMB -> 4 along with V when not on CD. Also make sure you use your 4s that V charges in between. This will eat focus so you need to put in a matra (LMB) when its up to preserve focus. When leech is up, cast and use 4 + RMB only. Obviously V whenever here as well, but it's only 12 seconds so you wanna make that count (use your instacast V when you throw leech). No need for extra focus on leech. On SB you're gonna spam 4 + RMB as well but need mantra (LMB) in between for focus recovery.

Also keep in mind your 3 will enable instacast V after 3 hits. USE IT!

Edited by Sacro

actually i prefer frost build more and i really dont know what bagdes are (im actually 46lvl) im kinda new to this game and im struggling with warlock
rotations are really hard for me too much skills reset or decrease cd on dragoncall that i really dont know what rotation should i use with soulburn and without soulburn. :X

Warlock is kind of an expensive class: to get the most out of your rotation you require specific hongmoon skills and badges (from tower of infinity). 

Generally, warlocks depend on buffs (leech, soulburn) and debuffs (brand, target) to do optimal damage. You need HM DC/DH, HM RMB and HM soul shackle, for both ice and shadow builds. Until you get those HM skills, there is no point in talking about rotations.

As for ice versus shadow, both builds are viable end game. Unlike some classes where one element is the only way to go, what you prefer to do heavily influences your element choice.

Ice is the stronger element in PVE, when partying with a good tank, versus single targets; the newest content in KR, which is future content for us, strongly favours dragoncall. Your burst damage is high, great for fights that last 5-30 seconds. The rotation is simple but very ping dependent.

Shadow is the better build for ToI, PvP, soloing and clearing trash mobs. Since you said you prefer ice, I won't get into details though.

As for Seraph versus Baleful, it's a matter of personal preference. With Seraph you won't see skill resets, ever. Seraph is a downgrade from ivorymoon from stages 1-3 so don't upgrade unless you can go straight to 4. However, the leech CD reduction makes your rotation much more forgiving and reliable. It is also one of the most gorgeous weapon skins in game.

Baleful upgrades don't scale as well as Seraph, but at least stage 1 isn't a complete downgrade... You need to keep track of your skill reset stacks on top of your buffs and rebuffs to optimize your rotation, it's a good practice to get into if you ever plan to go Raven. With current skills changes, only go Baleful if you are going ice.