Lightning Build Blade Storm

Tinge

I'm sorry but I cant stand it. I need to complain so I can get another BDs view.

We lost a few skills after last patch as everyone knows.

One being the 3x Lightning *Strike (thank you for correction) and is a skill I've seen others on the forum mention mostly cuz it was a big one to lose.

Another was Fissure I've also seen others mention here. I'm sure wind builds really miss that one. I miss it and im a lightning build.

This one I haven't seen someone complain about and its the one that bugs me the most, the ability to use wind Blade storm instead of lightning.

Why would I prefer this one over the lightning ? Because I think its bugged and I am sure no one will fix it.

With the wind build version it wont force you to drop the gripped enemy for one thing.

I think its bugged because you can't use it when you still have 1.5 seconds or less on grab ! It disappears !

So it cant be the last thing you hit em with or you drop him and lose another possible hit. Like drain or slam.

Go test it if you don't know what I'm talking about. Making it a finishing move would be great !

What I love to do to gripped enemies, is Grab, F 2 Rmb Lmb Lmb then there is half a second to get something out, like slam or drain or even throw !

Go try it with Wind and you'll see what im saying. In Lightning build you cant do it. You drop the enemy and go to draw stance.

If you try to Rmb last, you can't either, because of that little "?bug?" and its not available !

If this can be fixed so that i can use all of the time given during grip and finish with a Lightning Blade Storm....I would be so happy.

So happy that if you were to fix it after a patch, and i didn't know it was fixed and I managed to do it, I think i would jump for joy from my chair

Or yell Yahoo ! Holy Shiiiit ! in excitement....literally. It would shock me to see it fixed. Then I'd tell everyone like a little child that just got candy.

What would that look like, even with that little half second gone. Grip, F 2 Lmb Lmb Rmb ?

I think ill come back and complain about the half second being gone, but I will be happy.

Side note. I don't know what you guys were thinking when you changed the skill system. But it hurt. Not painfully due to the nice combining of skills,

but maybe due to the inability to choose how we wanna run them.

Being this my first post...please no flaming what I have written here. I won't be able to handle the fall out.

But please, opine.

Fissure

Prepatch I was running mostly lightning build, and my two main ways of recovering focus was Soaring Falcon and Fissure. The removal of Fissure and change to Soaring Falcon made focus management a bit trickier. Before I could just use Fissure between lightning skills. So I could generate focus while going back into draw stance. It was also useful in clearing trash. For instance, pulling a group of mobs, throwing Fissure down real quick then spamming RMB. For me, it was more of quality of life. Made game play a bit more smoother. Out of focus? Just hit 3 real quick then go right back at it.

Soaring Falcon

Not a fan of the change to it. Now that I think about it, the only time I really use it is in PvP. I rarely use it in PvE simply because of mechanics. If the force knockdown was optional it would be much better. Cool down was also increased. Prepatch I would just SS, hit 1, then run back in. But with certain bosses it's difficult to do that because a knockdown is less than ideal. Such as the first two bosses in Sogun's Lament. Plus if another mech is coming up that requires a stun, a random knockdown at first could mess everyone up. Just think of all the times people have failed the mech in DKV. If anything, it would be optimal to have this skill with two separate trees. One as it is now. And the other with shorter cool down and more/longer focus recovery.

With the change to Soaring Falcon and removal of Fissure for Blade Dancers; Whenever I run out of focus now I just click LMB a few times since by default it has the increased attack speed. Sure we could use Rush instead of Raid for our 2, but we lose a bit of utility with it. If we're running full lightning for X and V, then using Rush instead of Raid gets rid of one of our two CCs (against bosses). Not to mention Rush switches you back into basic stance. So much for using it just to spam Flicker a bit longer.

Lightning Strike

Or as you called it, 3x Lightning Flash. I believe we all unanimously agree that this removal was the biggest pet peeve for us. It was great to use instead of Q/E to get out of the way of attacks. I feel that this was one of the main skills that gave blade dancers their versatility. We might not be a tank class. But we could avoid attacks unlike no other. Plus the damage was quite nice. Now I run the stun option for PvE just to have some of that mobility still. Out of everything this would be my "if you could only choose one" skill to have back.

Phantom Grip

As for this. Very rarely I'll have the issue of not being able to use RMB at the end. As for using RMB and it ending the grip, I don't think this is a bug. And here's why. To use Phantom Grip, you are forced into basic stance. If you're in the middle of draw stance and use Phantom Grip, you are put into basic stance. And when you use Blade Storm (RMB), it switches you to Draw Stance. It even says so in the skill description. And you can't be in draw stance and still be able to use Phantom Grip. So the best explanation is that the switch from Basic Stance to Draw Stance is what causes the grip to cut short. So in developer terms, everything's working as intended.

This should probably call for a skill description update to include "Ends Phantom Grip" for the Lightning version.

Lastly.

Side note. I don't know what you guys were thinking when you changed the skill system. But it hurt. Not painfully due to the nice combining of skills, but maybe due to the inability to choose how we wanna run them.

I instantly agreed with this at first, but then I thought about it. Aside from Fissure and Lightning Strike missing, I'm running the exact same build as I was before (except Phantom Grip, I was running wind with it). I had all Hongmoon skills unlocked before, but didn't have enough skill points to use them all. Now everything's combined. It's nice. This is subjective though. Just because the skill system change had minimal impact on my game play and play style (or in some cases improved) doesn't mean it didn't significantly impact everyone else. So yes, I agree there was a bit more versatility before the update.

I'm glad there is a forum.

I was able to reach out to knowledgeable people and receive the info I apparently needed.

Also a few more thoughts to ponder as well.

Thank you iVee and Asuramon.

The issue I am having is my timing of Soul Stab I'm sure.

Never considered Grip and Stab would have had different lengths.

Using wind Blade Storm I never noticed since there was no drop.

I am not a big fan of switching or keeping Draw stance up after the drop though.

I tend to find myself in different fights that call for a different next move so

being able to switch from wind to lightning  leaves me the choice to decide.

I guess I can agree with you aswell iVee about the skill system change.

I was mostly the same build before and the combinations made are a great change

even with the extra care needed with a few skills.

Removing the points was a plus in this case for me too.

I was constantly switching Falcon points back and fourth with Fissure and Flock of blades.

But why remove choice ?

That's another thread : /

Take care

Archived