Considering leaving this game permanently...

Skeebitaro

Part of the reason we turn sour in those late game dgs is cause anything less than perfection can wipe us and we can only take it so many times when someone wipes us and won't even listen as we explain how to do it. Really all you can do is find people to run with or learn to carry the run yourself. The new normal mode seems to have made things easier.

However, if you go to skybreak spire with that kind of attitude you might as well just leave. Anything less than perfection isn't good enough there period.

this might sound crazy, but what if there were a ton more open world bosses? there could be some serious boss to keep even the hi-levels on their toes and if you don't know the mechanics, u die fast if u r too lowbie/noobie.

The reason I say this is that I have found the most fun place in the game.

Why? everyone is on the same team without squads. that bidding crap on your screen is not needed.

we work the mechanics of the bosses and eHi-5 when we team-wreck a boss. everyone is having fun cracking jokes and getting their stuff done.

i'm talking about the frostscale basin.

so why cant there be hm2, hm3, hm4.....hm20 "basins"   you either can cut the mustard , or you experience humiliation in a variety of ways if you don't belong in there.

example: dark balrok can kill me with 3 ranged bombs. i'm upstairs...

except, I walk from a 15minute dark balrok solo fight at 100% health.  why? I know his every stinking move. when to step , when to pour on the heavy artillery cuz he's busy casting his crap, which I easily sidestep(yawn, he is really slow actually).

the point being, even with balrok soul shields and my awesome sad potato bangle, I own everything down in the basin

I always have to be ready for the balrok bombs when he puts someone else on their caboose and their dps = 0 for a while. guess who gets aggro, heh.

I have saved people much higher gear than me by bursting the boss to deliberately steal aggro, and the other person has a chance to eat a dumpling.

mechanics are 90% of a fight.  more open world stuff will eliminate a metric shtton of the fail associated with dungeons because of required squadding and we still get to do teamwork and mechanics.   

shout out to quindy que the destroyer. holy crap did we wreck the bosses. qq was farming the dynamic and I was farming xp so I jumped in on the bosses and reset baraken for them. destroyer+FM is sick. we were alone and practiced on at least 10 bosses. it was the heaven. we were gods for an hour :)

On 5/1/2017 at 1:02 AM, Malign said:

Part of the reason we turn sour in those late game dgs is cause anything less than perfection can wipe us and we can only take it so many times when someone wipes us and won't even listen as we explain how to do it. Really all you can do is find people to run with or learn to carry the run yourself. The new normal mode seems to have made things easier.

However, if you go to skybreak spire with that kind of attitude you might as well just leave. Anything less than perfection isn't good enough there period.

Yeah. This is good and bad. A dungeon that requires total perfection is the holy grail of pros and tryhards. This is THE bragging rights factory right there. Problem is, that the dungeon is accessible to non-perfect people. And worse, it's accessible to be done in mixtures of perfect and non-perfect players, which is where we get all the fights. Perfect players don't need nor want non-perfect players in their games because it's (to them) the sure fire recipe for disaster and a ruined evening (because we can say "it's only a game" 100 times but if someone wants to make it a serious thing nobody can stop him).

Now, amid a bunch of possible solutions, I myself would propose to have the gear and rewards given in a few different ways. Say, hard dungeons give rewards faster, and easier dungeons need a lot more runs to get the same rewards. The current problem I'm seeing is that some of the gear and stuff is only available in the hardest places. No other place. And these dungeons also require a LOT of planning and a tight knit group. Something you can't achieve with a group of randoms who met 5 minutes ago. The mechanics may be the same, but to really pull team content, I believe you should act like a true team. To know both the mechanics AND the players next to you. To know what they are going to do beforehand without any doubt (and doubt is a very key thing here. You won't be as fast if you doubt about what your team mates are going to do next), and to be able to act quickly should someone fails a mechanic.

So to fix that a bit, I'd propose those rewards to be also granted on less difficult dungeons but at the cost of a much bigger grind. So what you can't achieve through skill, you can achieve through effort and patience. Because after all, we down here are not perfect. :)

Again, my opinions. Said as I see them.

I quit after the last update because I hate the new skill system. Also, only being able to cast Dragonpunch after using Focus Chi as a Soul Fighter? No thank you. Dragonpunch was the most satisfying part of building up Chi as a Soul Fighter. Without it, the class just isn't fun to look at anymore.

PvE end game content is toxic cuz of P2W, if u dont have xAP or xHM lvl ur a pleb and PvP its an old problem and its normal from my PoV PvP is a competitive thing... and the game lack of player bases and with players account sharing; finally the noob casual gonna fight the pro players, so yah toxic.

Name me one f2p/p2w with a good community #not toxic..

Good community mmo u have RP mmo like the 4th coming or u need a sub to play game for good community like on Ultima Online

2 hours ago, KroDuK said:

PvE end game content is toxic cuz of P2W, if u dont have xAP or xHM lvl ur a pleb and PvP its an old problem and its normal from my PoV PvP is a competitive thing... and the game lack of player bases and with players account sharing; finally the noob casual gonna fight the pro players, so yah toxic.

Name me one f2p/p2w with a good community #not toxic..

Good community mmo u have RP mmo like the 4th coming or u need a sub to play game for good community like on Ultima Online

GW2 still had a good community last I checked, but the devs/NC ran the actual game systems into the ground, so that really didn't matter. SWTOR actually had a good community overall as well, but both communities like this one let the publishers/devs walk all over them but keep handing them money until it finally wears them out and they quit. Great games keep getting ruined because the players won't stand up for themselves. Even worse in the communities where toxicity is the norm.

On 4/30/2017 at 3:19 PM, Prototypemind said:

Unfortunately in BnS the competition is always there. From the first shared zones everyone is after the same mobs. From the first dungeons everyone is after the same loot or has to deal with players driving up bids just to make more gold. Players are taught that everyone else is their competition. How that could ever make for a good community I'll never know. It's the same reason that BDO is so toxic. Everyone competing for the same resources and mobs and trying to get damage in on bosses before they die. BnS definitely has the least friendly in game and forum community I've come across thus far, though.

I agree that the competition for everything including loot only encourages everyone to be selfish and demanding.  This game is totally anti-casual from boss timers to, well, everything.  Korean games fail to understand basic human psychology.

Add to that the adrenaline of an action MMO, and hostility and anger will be guaranteed.  The more adrenaline, the more toxic the community.  I don't think that will ever change.  However, the an MMO can be designed to minimize it.  This game is designed to encourage selfish competition and hostility.  When THAT action game comes out that is designed to MINIMIZE these bad side effects, I will happily jump ship.

i never have trouble in any of them if people start to get mouth at me i tell them where to stick and Leave if not they can suffer i dont put up with Bulling in the game i will say so much shit the whole party laffs but the person who is doing the bulling  but you know but also instead of bitching at them  maybe teach them the machs as it is still hard to get the machs for DT but every dung is a learning i never learned how to do NS stange 1 but it took like 7 runs on it with the one Guy and someone else to explain to me what the rules are so maybe if you know a role tell them you want this role you know it best if they dont give it to you just DPS it would be there ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up because they didnt explain it to you

Well I think problem in this game is simply, you dont have any cap for dungs or end game content...you can run dungs over and over so there is none time (or only low) for social activity.
In other games is it half social, half playing. I dont think it is here. Only cold storage and mandate are daily. Best solution could be if the gave for pve tokens and for these tokens you could buy items and of course weakly cap for it. Same tokens from solo mushin tower or 6man dung or even 24man raid... only different in number for kill...for example 5per solo F20 (1token for 16-19), 5 per low dungs, 15 per high like NF and 150 per raid boss with weekly cap 1k. Well and with daily for dungs or just daily cap for tokens per specific dungs. Still if you have top gear and you will go into BT you will die because you don't know mech...right? So there will be game content depends more on skill and mech knowladge then farming gear. 
This solution give all players chance to make end-game gear and do what you want and still there will be time to tell other mech etc. Just time for social actions.
But well idk how it is with KR psychologie but this game is made for they, so maybe it is done well for repeating content and still have no time for others.

This is only my opinion.

19 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

GW2 still had a good community last I checked, but the devs/NC ran the actual game systems into the ground, so that really didn't matter. SWTOR actually had a good community overall as well, but both communities like this one let the publishers/devs walk all over them but keep handing them money until it finally wears them out and they quit. Great games keep getting ruined because the players won't stand up for themselves. Even worse in the communities where toxicity is the norm.

gw2 and swtor are p2w ?  I know for sure Swtor have a cash grab store, but is it p2w ? I thought it was pay to be sexy with the biggest space ship. anyway I still prefer Kotor over Swtor. If u wanna compared bns $$$ model compare it with ArcheAge.

Even PvE on BnS is P2W, they release new content u need 100 more AP to be good, in ur guild you have x person  thta paid to get stronger u feel the obligation to pay, for the team! Or even worst u have some guild leader that getting 10k troven key and give them to weaker guild member that dont P2W. toxic as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Tbh without my clan i would have lost interest in the game long ago. Pugging dungeons is mostly cancer. Either you get a leecher, an afk or someone that doesn't even listen when you explain the mechanics. Also if you're under HM10 they won't even consider taking you into the Dungeon. I experienced that a lot with alts, so that i even got my alts in the Clan to do Clan runs. It goes smooth, you have fun, get mechanics explained and really don't care about some wipes. If you find the right Clan it's awesome and stressless. ;)

13 hours ago, KroDuK said:

gw2 and swtor are p2w ?  I know for sure Swtor have a cash grab store, but is it p2w ? I thought it was pay to be sexy with the biggest space ship. anyway I still prefer Kotor over Swtor. If u wanna compared bns $$$ model compare it with ArcheAge.

Even PvE on BnS is P2W, they release new content u need 100 more AP to be good, in ur guild you have x person  thta paid to get stronger u feel the obligation to pay, for the team! Or even worst u have some guild leader that getting 10k troven key and give them to weaker guild member that dont P2W. toxic as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Nope, neither SWTOR nor GW2 are P2W. They're just other examples of games where the community managers/publishers/devs have ignored players and treated them poorly, yet the players kept throwing money at the game. SWTOR is finally on life support after pushing and pushing and pushing, but there are players who have said that they will literally stay subbed until the day the game shuts down no matter what because it's the only Star Wars MMO. I can't imagine being so hungry for a genre that you'd state openly that no matter how badly you're treated you won't walk away.

They Destroyed this game the day they decided to release 5 years of korean content in only 1year like if we had the korean mentality to tryhard and farm hard, and when they saw no one can keep up, they released the kind of pay2win items i havent even dreamed in my pay2win dream games, now everything thing become boring the perfect example is how 6vs6 is broken now, how new players litteraly have no reason to join/play this game reguarding the gap between them and old players, because of this aggresive patch Schedule. And be sure that they gonna give us the final stroke by releasing patch 55 as soon as possible

Everything that you used to like about blade and soul is gone; its now just a normal mmo very similar to vindictus. Regretting buying premium good enough for another year because can't stomach even playing for another sec; game did 1 mistake after another. Begs me to question whether they even test this updates or the people who test it are bunch of potatoes. I swear the people testing it probably allowed this to be a shit update so that they can keep getting paid since devs will surely cook up something else since people are disappointed and this guarantee that they will a have a job.

On 5/2/2017 at 4:16 PM, Prototypemind said:

Star wars nerds are in a class all by themselves when it comes to irrational sycophantic behaviour. As someone whom play SWtOR from launch and invested quite a lot into its beginnings, I can attest to that.

They successfully created a zealous like environment wherein any one whom dared question EA or Dice regarding that game was met with brutal opposition. Got to the point where even slightly pointing out ingame flaws on their forums saw you reported on and subsequently banned. So of course being that EA runs the show, they were all too happy to try and milk those "loyal" fans for all they were worth. However, no amount of Star Wars mania can keep that game afloat. Not after years of undeniably horrendous business decisions. 

GW2 was just shallow and dull. End game grinding primarily for cosmetic items just didn't do it for me. So when I capped, I left. Never looked back.

Plus, that games story is just too ash. At least SWtOR had that going for it.

On 4/27/2017 at 9:15 AM, Skeebitaro said:

Honestly I still love BnS just as much as I did during it's beta in both Chinese and now in English, but as I've reached end game content, I'm starting to lose any desire to play. Most of that is because of the community in this game. As you all know, most (if not all) end game material has to be done in parties (which in itself is frustrating in my opinion) but whenever I get paired up with a party, I always end up with people who either get mad and leave or end up spending the entire dungeon laughing/acting like an ass just because you're not OMG 200% TOP PRO PVE/PVP LOL!!!

I feel like this game and it's community has done nothing but add additional stress to my life via something I once enjoyed. Too many people take this game ridiculously serious and their crappy attitudes are not something I want to deal with while looking at the many dungeons I will probably have to grind to get everything I'd like to in the game. I understand that "ignoring it" is an option, however my point is that I don't understand why people act like this over a game, something meant to be enjoyed.. and if I can't enjoy it, then I see no reason for the game to be played.

My hope is that perhaps there is a solution to my problem. Maybe a clan on my server who is more open-minded to not acting like a bunch of elitist pricks every single dungeon run. If I could get around this issue and enjoy the game again, I'd certainly love to. But until then.. Well, I probably won't be signing on any more sadly.

Solution: Install another game or two and play them for a while until you either come back or move on. Great thing about this modern technology stuff is that you can actually install more than one game on your computer. :P

Archived