Considering leaving this game permanently...

Skeebitaro

Honestly I still love BnS just as much as I did during it's beta in both Chinese and now in English, but as I've reached end game content, I'm starting to lose any desire to play. Most of that is because of the community in this game. As you all know, most (if not all) end game material has to be done in parties (which in itself is frustrating in my opinion) but whenever I get paired up with a party, I always end up with people who either get mad and leave or end up spending the entire dungeon laughing/acting like an ass just because you're not OMG 200% TOP PRO PVE/PVP LOL!!!

I feel like this game and it's community has done nothing but add additional stress to my life via something I once enjoyed. Too many people take this game ridiculously serious and their crappy attitudes are not something I want to deal with while looking at the many dungeons I will probably have to grind to get everything I'd like to in the game. I understand that "ignoring it" is an option, however my point is that I don't understand why people act like this over a game, something meant to be enjoyed.. and if I can't enjoy it, then I see no reason for the game to be played.

My hope is that perhaps there is a solution to my problem. Maybe a clan on my server who is more open-minded to not acting like a bunch of elitist pricks every single dungeon run. If I could get around this issue and enjoy the game again, I'd certainly love to. But until then.. Well, I probably won't be signing on any more sadly.

I also avoid end-game stuff even if i'm eligible for it because of the reasons you 've listed. It's the same way in every mmorpg i 've played, especially korean's. Can't blame the community for this. It's mostly because grind feels like a part-time job after you pass the noob level. Considering most people doing same stuff with also 3-4 alts everyday ... It makes them less tolerant to failures. I am also thinking about leaving, but not because of this. Only if i could find something that can replace this ...

Might sound stupid but my problem is, game can't keep me busy. I have weak self-control and there are just too many hold ups in this game, making me smoke like crazy. I was smoking that much only when i was playing lineage 2. Now here the same thing, wait this ... wait that ... just can't stop smoking damn.

Well, I understand the whole, entering a dungeon and if you're not top of the PvP/PvE spectrum they'll laugh at you or leave. I keep going to enter Citadel, I'm HM8(Still quite new to this game, I started a couple weeks ago) I know all the mechanics, but everyone leaves because i'm not HM10+ (For some reason, even tho it says HM9 recommended, not need.) and it's quite annoying. I hate the people who take this game too seriously as well, BUT I did join a guild who is quite friendly, we all play this game for fun, but we're on the Juwol/Yunwa server (Both combined together now) and Cerulean Legion (You can switch from Crimson to Cerulean without losing your faction level), maybe you could join us. :)

Im in a clan with some good peeps because f8 for the big 4 is just too cancerous. It's natural that this happens in mmos where there is gaps in power and level because subconscious elitism is in the back of a lot of peoples minds imo. They wanna get it done asap without teaching others. Hence im personally happy with my clan, i just join and trial and error on the fly with bns academy guides up lol, took about 10 tries to clear xanos properly but now i understand all the mechs

1 hour ago, Jack Valent said:

Well I had experienced at EC too when I entered with party all HM11+. Failed run.

Then I started again with 4 players with HM6-HM9. Hard mode. Succeeded.

The stealths and mechs were flawless too.

no dude...later the white knight high hm lvl will criticize you xD

Make friends. Play with said friends. Avoid the cancer that is f8 for anything remotely requiring mechs. Also the hm10 requirement is the hope beyond all hopes that at least by hm10 you learned to play your class. Also the whole issue with people not being able to check stats/gear in the dungeon lobby.

Find yourself a clan and/or a group of friends to run with. It is an MMO after all, so there shouldn't be a surprise when end content requires a collaboration of people to complete. As far as trolls go, you will find that in any game. 

3 hours ago, Skeebitaro said:

Honestly I still love BnS just as much as I did during it's beta in both Chinese and now in English, but as I've reached end game content, I'm starting to lose any desire to play. Most of that is because of the community in this game. As you all know, most (if not all) end game material has to be done in parties (which in itself is frustrating in my opinion) but whenever I get paired up with a party, I always end up with people who either get mad and leave or end up spending the entire dungeon laughing/acting like an ass just because you're not OMG 200% TOP PRO PVE/PVP LOL!!!

I feel like this game and it's community has done nothing but add additional stress to my life via something I once enjoyed. Too many people take this game ridiculously serious and their crappy attitudes are not something I want to deal with while looking at the many dungeons I will probably have to grind to get everything I'd like to in the game. I understand that "ignoring it" is an option, however my point is that I don't understand why people act like this over a game, something meant to be enjoyed.. and if I can't enjoy it, then I see no reason for the game to be played.

My hope is that perhaps there is a solution to my problem. Maybe a clan on my server who is more open-minded to not acting like a bunch of elitist pricks every single dungeon run. If I could get around this issue and enjoy the game again, I'd certainly love to. But until then.. Well, I probably won't be signing on any more sadly.

All of those "omg your not  200% top pro pve/pvp", are in every game ever. Probably you have just encountered the hardcore gamers so in a way, there is no solution to that, i tried to leave as well but talking to people in this forums and entering a clan was a bit satisfying. As someone told me before "you can endure it or leave the game". Anyways, sorry to heard that your leaving and if you do good luck out there, and if you stay good luck to, try to stop the grind for some days? maybe that would help 

Didn't read the whole topic but the usual global solution to your problems is to go social with a clan, befriend them and only do dungeons with them. You will be among people you can trust and will have the same goals as you. A secondary option is to try and form a proper party through lfp by stating both what you are capable of and your goals up front.

This won't solve 100% of it. There will always be those kinds of people, even in tight knit clans, but this would filter a LOT of the bad apples.

All MMOs suffer from the same end game disease where randoms will ruin the game for everyone else. It always happens on the current end game. Lower dungeons usually don't have this problem.

As for leaving, you can take a break. Long or short, your choice. Breaks usually help when coming back relaxed and with a clean slate.

On 4/27/2017 at 9:45 PM, Skeebitaro said:

Cudnt agree more

People keep saying this type of community exist in every game, which is true but BNS has by far the worst one out of all of them that I've played and you come across these type of people way more often.

5 hours ago, Fatalito said:

All MMOs suffer from the same end game disease where randoms will ruin the game for everyone else.

This is not true. The problem with BnS is, that everyone need to go trough the same gear route. In other mmos you can "choose the difficulty".

3 hours ago, KzE said:

This is not true. The problem with BnS is, that everyone need to go trough the same gear route. In other mmos you can "choose the difficulty".

I've been to a few MMOs, and it's always the same. You will see elitists waiting at the "hot new end game dungeon" demanding perfection for their runs. But they don't take the time to form their own perfect parities, instead PUG'ing and bringing their sour attitude to pollute the run. OR you get the whales who know nothing of the dungeons (or their own characters in general) just pushing through just because their gear allowed them to enter the place. Add maybe a troll or two who somehow managed to get the gear. But I think those are rarer because end game gear takes either a lot of grinding or a lot of swiping to get. Basically, we are shoving people who know too much and expect the same from others, with people who know too little and can fail at the most basic of mechanics.

Continuing on that note, many people expect whoever enters their dungeon runs to already know the dungeons. This happens a lot in the West (though can happen anywhere in the world) because by the time the dungeons become available, there's plenty of tutorial videos out there, and people now expect others to watch those videos and learn the stuff before it even hits these shores. So say goodbye to that old sense of discovery. This is where you get the whole argument where these guys tell you there's no excuse to fail the dungeon mechanics, even if it's your first time on it. Now, I personally don't like that attitude, but it seems to be very a common way of thinking out there.

As for choosing the difficulty, even if the dungeons have more than one difficulty, people will not want to be on lower difficulty versions of dungeons for long (or at all). Be it for bragging rights (because nowadays, the term "Casual" is totally an insult for some stupid reason), or because the dungeons do give more or different rewards at higher difficulties. So no matter what, people will want to pack themselves into the hardest version of the stuff.

Anyway. These are my opinions based on what I've seen around from this and other MMOs. Don't take them as total facts or anything. Your experiences may vary, after all. :)

GW2 and SWTOR weren't too bad. There were lots of guilds in both who would host groups for most of the content, or enough random players who would simply be open to talking new players through the mechanics. Google existed for them and so did guides, but players didn't yell at others to "git gud" or "Google it, nub". To me it's silly that players have to ruin the surprise of actually enjoying new content by watching videos and reading guides before they can do anything simply because no one wants to talk to anyone at all.

SWTOR used to have a problem in low level 4 man Flashpoints: people would bid on things they didn't need. Luckily, this could be avoided entirely in raids in late game, and any who ninja'd items that they didn't need or did so after they'd already gotten something got blacklisted pretty easily and that was that. In GW2, everyone who tags a mob gets credit, so while some may just tag and let others do the work, at least players who killed a mob didn't miss out or have them taken away.

Unfortunately in BnS the competition is always there. From the first shared zones everyone is after the same mobs. From the first dungeons everyone is after the same loot or has to deal with players driving up bids just to make more gold. Players are taught that everyone else is their competition. How that could ever make for a good community I'll never know. It's the same reason that BDO is so toxic. Everyone competing for the same resources and mobs and trying to get damage in on bosses before they die. BnS definitely has the least friendly in game and forum community I've come across thus far, though.

18 hours ago, Fatalito said:

I kinda Didn't read the whole topic but the usual global solution to your problems is to go social with a clan, befriend them and only do dungeons with them. You will be among people you can trust and will have the same goals as you. A secondary option is to try and form a proper party through lfp by stating both what you are capable of and your goals up front.

This won't solve 100% of it. There will always be those kinds of people, even in tight knit clans, but this would filter a LOT of the bad apples.

All MMOs suffer from the same end game disease where randoms will ruin the game for everyone else. It always happens on the current end game. Lower dungeons usually don't have this problem.

As for leaving, you can take a break. Long or short, your choice. Breaks usually help when coming back relaxed and with a clean slate.

I kinda did that and tried to join a couple of clans for socializing and maybe do dungeon runs once in a while with supposedly friendly clan mates. It would appear because of how this game was designed that your stats/rank/cash define who you are to the point where even in clan chat people only notice the strongest and respond accordingly. 

After a couple of dungeon runs with members of each of those clans and after having them mock me and/or rage at me for doing the slightest of mistakes such as delaying one of my SoulBurns, I decided it might be better not to do dungeons with them anymore and just talk once in a while in chat. I even told them that I'm not doing anymore dungeons wih them.

Eventually i Just left these clans. Now Im torn between the loneliness and boredom of not being in a clan and my past experience with them.

The good thing is I dont play bns alot, maybe 0-3 hours a day.

i'm hm10 and I don't have a clue. so there goes that theory haha.

although me and my potato bangle steal aggro almost every open world boss fight now.

I am actually having trouble pouring in smooth dps just to speed the fight without getting the boss's attention.

i'm afraid to upgrade my potato. I might be too op for everyone else herrr deee herrr herr

sincerely, failboat charter captain charlie

3 hours ago, Adams said:

I kinda did that and tried to join a couple of clans for socializing and maybe do dungeon runs once in a while with supposedly friendly clan mates. It would appear because of how this game was designed that your stats/rank/cash define who you are to the point where even in clan chat people only notice the strongest and respond accordingly. 

After a couple of dungeon runs with members of each of those clans and after having them mock me and/or rage at me for doing the slightest of mistakes such as delaying one of my SoulBurns, I decided it might be better not to do dungeons with them anymore and just talk once in a while in chat. I even told them that I'm not doing anymore dungeons wih them.

Eventually i Just left these clans. Now Im torn between the loneliness and boredom of not being in a clan and my past experience with them.

Sorry to hear that. It's sad and it's definitely NOT how a clan should operate. Though it seems you just described a tryhard/elitist clan. Perhaps you just had the worst of lucks and only found such clans in game. Sure, I shouldn't be speaking much about this subject because I've never joined a clan in BnS. But I can describe general guild behavior from the other MMOs I've played. Thought this one would be a similar experience. Maybe not. Still, and as I said before, if you need to take a break, go for it. I myself left for about a year and now I'm back to my solo anti social shenanigans until I decide to farm a bit or something, or at least derp in one of the new social clans.

5 hours ago, Adams said:

same here when the first time they recruit me...they treat me nicely...help me in the lowest blue/purple dungeon for quest...but when i turn into hm lvl...they will treat me differently...that time got 2 new ppl in clan...me and the other guy...im just a common f2p player...while the other guy like p2p player....when both of us enter the hm lvl...it feel like weird that everytime i ask them if i can join their daily challenge party...they said it full etc2...while when the new p2p ask for party they straight said got free slot and invite him...so im feel like ah if im f2p in this game that means im just invisible clanmate then...but one day they bring me to sogun lament and im mess up a lil bit at the 2nd boss cc...they straight yell at me and said some harsh words...that time i feel like ah im not suitable for this clan...after that run i said i will leave the clan and u know what the response is? only the new p2p said *bye2* to me while others just ignore me...that why right now im just become a lone ranger w/o any clan and just lfp for my daily challenge...

and for the community... lets see...meet afker everyday in dg...meet leecher everyday in dg...meet bot everyday in dg...meet loser high hm everyday in dg(mostly in gloom,necro and ec) and lastly meet arrogant raven user everyday in dg that love to belittle those player that have lower eq than them... like seriously to those most raven user(not all) if u think u can clear the dg alone...just go solo it...dont bother enter the party and ruin the party...

Ya, funny thing is, I've been laughed at for asking if someone was gonna drive in NF. People called me noob for asking that and I got mocked for it during the entire run. On top of that, I noticed a lack of people following the mechanics in dungeons. Like when running DT, no one was calling out positions, and we lost a few guys during the final boss. However, we managed to kill it anyway. On top of that, when I was running MSP no one was doing the watering mechanics except for me and some other guy. Guess who got rewarded at the end of the day? Not me.

Archived