faction

newbiez

faction does it still a thing now? when i watch this game trailer b4 i play it...its show some cool world map pvp...but i dont see the hype about that stuff at all...so im wondering its it still a thing or just 1 faction alive 1 faction deserted/dead....so how about the faction stuff in others server...is there any intense and cool fight or just the same...

SSP is dominated too much by economic interests. People go there for money, not to have fun at PvP.

Misty woods can be fun, but the place suffers from a huge range of power differences. Some people farm it as below/50s, and then sometimes a few 6v6ers turn up and wipe the floor with everyone. Also gets a bit like SSP if there's major Blackwyrm raiding going on.

Unfortunately the Hell Island instance event never got released in the west, as they decided to phase it out in Asia right before the West had caught up to its level range. It might have been more fun, though I read it was dominated by power clans too much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's the best PvP game I know, as well.

But faction battles in the style of sieges like in Lineage 2 or Aion abyss / rifting just does not work well with B&S. The engine does not cope well with mass battles, the combat system is too ping / fps dependant and also focuses much more on individual excellence.

Very often, Aion and L2 were ganking fests. I have seen similar back in the days in Misty woods, with the fun difference that in B&S, I have seen single PvPers take out whole 6-member groups. Actually, have done so myself, was big fun. ^_^

Archived