Use of macros

NightRain

Macros and illegal VPNs are also heavily used by gold sellers for some applications such as mining quartz. Macros alone I don't think can get the job done, hence illegal VPNs that allow players to get like 10 ms ping in NA servers.

I don't agree that macros are a way of cheating... I used to believe that but after friend told me what it truly does...

it makes your combos smoother and for classes that SPAMS same keys over and over.... 

just to hit a target whether it's a player or a mob.... 

your fingers and hands will start hurt quite fast lol

so for a kfm that uses macros.... it might be annoyin to some... but it's truly to get your 2rf done properly and smoothly :o

I don't believe most classes should use macros, it's more for certain classes that spams like 1~3 keys over and over to avoid hurting their fingers and arms as they spam the same keys over and over again lol some may call it laziness.. some will call it convenience..

I might try out certain macros for my kfm to see the diffs between a macro~player in pvp to a non~macro player...

will try out my performance in pvp with and without macros and maybe the key for it is simply practice... since it's not like summy or fm that spams same 2 keys over and over again... (mainly 2 keys... but not just I know lol)

however ~ I STILL believe macros should NOT be allowed during tournaments for example coz that IS in fact a sort of cheating while norm players without macros might have either ping issue~related that doesn't allow them to perform same combo as the macro~player does... it's really like cheating when you are in a tournament and not casually goes into the arena with friends/1v1 etc :)

I don't care about pve macros, might even say i don't mind it, cause group does more dmg=faster runs, but the problem is, if they are allowed to use in PVE, what makes people not use them in PVP too? Don't tell me GM's are gonna check where you use them and punish if deserved.

One the biggest things i hate in this game is going arena and get vs opponent that's obviously using macros, cause he's exact in ms and if you mess up (ie "blow tab"), forget about getting out of stunlock, where you perhaps could, if computer wasn't pressing those keys. And on top of that, pvpers using macros think they're great players, sigh...DUDE it's not you playing, it's the damn computer lol, what have you got to be proud of?

Anyway I don't see macros allowed on tournaments anywhere and if you ask me, they should be bannable offense when using in game, period.

10 minutes ago, AcidKiller said:

people using macros = noobs, if u wanna be a good player go and practice all the rotations, learn how to play your class and kick the ass of the macro users.

ever thought about people having over 200 ping? they wouldnt be able to do much without macro + its allowed only in pve not pvp so why complain so much when it doesnt affect you?

First off, No macro "removes cooldown," at very best it can ani-cancel for you. Personally I see nothing wrong with macros. All it does is emulate key(s) on a keyboard to a single key/button, nothing more nothing less. It does not interact with the game directly, and if you think people should be banned anyway because its a "third party program" then technically any other programs/apps you have running should get you banned as well (Anti-virus, Skype, Discord, ect) because, "third party programs." An Anti-virus and Discord can interact with the game directly. An Anti-virus has to actively monitor (unless turned off) running programs (which includes BnS's client.exe) to detect malicious changes and Discord has a voice chat overly for games.

Secondly, people use it maybe because, carpal tunnel, laziness, and probably a couple other reasons. In my experience with macros, its worse than doing the key combos manually. I currently have two macros that I use in game and they both are used for fun. One repeats "f" and "esc" (res ani-cancel) and the other for "8" and "esc" (Field repair hammers). I use them on clan-mates and friends that had died (because I get funny reactions). My other "macros" (since I do technically use a "macro" program, Razer Synapse, for these) are things for my music player, volume, fan control, PC lighting, and other misc things bound to my Razer Naga.

I don't see why people are so butt hurt over others using macros. A good player should easily out preform some one that is using a macro, unless they got out preformed by some one using one then... get good. I say that because macros don't account for ping, bosses, players, cooldowns, or anything else dynamic in the game. If you encounter a player in PvP using one, then you should have the upper hand. By the time you realize they have a macro, you will know what is going to happen next. Then you can counter it and then their macro is messed up unless they have a way to cancel/stop it.

Long story short, I tried to use macros and in the end, it simply wasn't worth it because I can do so much better without them. Like it or hate it, I don't really care because its just my two cents, and everyone has an opinion on everything stupid or not.

3 hours ago, ArantirQc said:

ever thought about people having over 200 ping? they wouldnt be able to do much without macro + its allowed only in pve not pvp so why complain so much when it doesnt affect you?

Completely BS, I have 350ms ping, never used macro, people use macros because they are lazy and dont want to learn how to play.

I just see bla bla bla in this topic.

Now Can someone tell me pls? 

How are NCS going to stop Macros? Any1 have a good idea?

Any gaming mouse this days have Program for macros you guys think NCS go block all this programs?

NCS cant stop bots and go stop Macros yea nice dream.

And no i dont use macros and i think is Cheating but sorry NCS cant do nothing about it.

Wow, i've seen it all in this thread...

[People think that macros reduce cooldowns]

I don't think you realise how macros work and what they do. You need to have a good ping in the first place to have short delay between skills(this has NOTHING to do with cooldowns). This game is pretty much BUILT around ani-canceling like it or not. Even though it looks absolutely retarded when destroyers do their thing.

Macro isn't like a bot, it won't literally play the game for you(bots are illegal ofc), you still need to press the buttons. It LITERALLY puts additional buttons into 1 key(and you CAN'T press them all at the same time), that is all...a more convenient way to press "5" with your index finger while your hand is fully on a "wasd". Complaining about macro advantage is complaining about remapping keys, that's pretty much like saying that someone has longer fingers so they can press keys easier and quicker.

That said, if your mouse/keyboard comes with extra buttons and macro functionality then its all legal(logitech, corsair, razer etc...). However if you are the sort of person who has to go around and disable gameguard to run something then that's obviously fishy and illegal. In that sense macro IS cheating but only because of fiddling with gameguard.

[People think that using a gaming vpn is cheating]

Holy freaking shit.

In terms of real world, private gaming vpns(wtfast, mudfish, killping or w/e else) are equivalent of paid short route road tunnels that make your connection go from A to B without extra "stops". On default VPN your connection goes like this A-a1-a2-a3-a4-a5-a6-a6-a8-a9-a10-B, with "gaming" VPN it goes from A-B directly, reducing your latency.

You are literally saying that having better connection is cheating, holy shit.

Im sorry but the game balance isn't meant to revolve around the lowest common denominator(aka players with potato pcs and 56k connection), especially that it's a Korean game(and how seriously they taking competitive gaming there).

On ‎26‎.‎04‎.‎2017‎ г. at 4:16 AM, NightRain said:

seems alot of people are using Macro'ing to not get cool downs and so on it is a extral program are these people just lazy and stuiped or just cant get anywhere in the Game they suck so bad they got to cheat to win the pay to win i dont mind but the cheating of Macro'ing is BS the GM or NCsoft is not doing anything about this or anything. third party macro software

First of all, macro = automated press of button combination with predefined timing bound to a button. Removing cooldown = using 3rd party program to temper with the game mechanics = illegal. And as we talking about 3rd party programs, you have at least 5 running while you are playing, and they are called: Keyboard drivers, mouse drivers, VGA drivers, CPU/chipset drivers, sound drivers and add 1 3rd party program for every piece of hardware that you have. To add to that, a gaming keyboard can create and use macros w/o even using drivers (drivers can make it more customizable though) working on a hardware level, and you can't make NCSoft ban someone, because he has spent $200 on a keyboard, and another $200 on a mouse...........

So face it, no matter how much you try or cry, you can't beat ppl that spam combos with 1 button, those that don't have cool-down on skills need to be banned, but they are using hacks/cheats, not macros.

P.S. Also, notice next Twitch stream, and you'll see 2 fancy $200 keyboards that can do macros, and the GMs and developers also stated that they use such keyboards as well. Guess they should start banning themselves.

As others have pointed, my understanding of macros is that they are scripts that automate the input of keys, either together or in succession at certain intervals, by pressing a single key. I have never used gaming macros so I don't know their internals, but I'd suppose that to get good results with successive different key presses, you'd need to set the timings to match your ping or something?

Also, the game has an option now (on by default, I believe) that can make your hold button input act as if spamming the key multiple times. So at least people don't have to make a macro now just to spam F or LMB (unless they find that a macro spams it faster or something, of course). This also confirms that at least the spamming of single keys with less effort is allowed.

As for the legality or not of a macro, it feels more like a grey area. It can have some fair uses, like allowing a casual pve'er with any disabilities to have smoother gameplay, but it also can be easy to abuse by cheaters as well. So it's up to the game moderators in the end to see and decide about the use of these programs.

• NCSOFT

Hello,

Our stance regarding macro usage is fairly simple and was already explained in the past:

The above is also the baseline which will be used in official Blade & Soul tournaments. The use of Gaming Keyboards/Mice and their respective software is perfectly allowed as long as you follow the above policy. You can perfectly assign a keyboard key to a mouse button (i.e. bind F to one of your side mouse button).

What matters isn't the hardware you are using, but how it is being used. Having cars being able to drive at 250 kph doesn't make driving at that speed legal (in most countries (before a German person comes telling me about the Autobahn there ;) )).

Archived