New Player

Zayd

Hi everyone!

My name is Zayd and I'm a new player to Blade & Soul. Currently, I'm on the **Edited** (Mushin) Server and my character's name is **Edited** Ellaheh (Kung-Fu Master). Loving the survey idea btw! I just wanted to say I'm enjoying the game a lot so far (on my own at the moment but have two lvl 50's added who have been extremely friendly to me and offered me invaluable advice, like for example waiting to get to level 50 before buying the master's bundle and more tips and questions I had).

I'm from ON, Canada and would like to start making more friends, and hopefully find a clan eventually as that was highly recommended by my two new lvl 50 friends.

I was looking for a new player section on the forums but couldn't find one, so, apologies in advance in regards to that.

I have one main question, and it's related to dungeons. So, I read on the wiki here: http://bladeandsoul.gamepedia.com/Dungeons that I can start my first dungeon at level 14, but it feels as though I've already done the first three on my own through questing. The "dungeon" I seem to see on the dungeon finder is the purple one at level 20. Are the level 14 "dungeons" just like solo quest ones that you can party up for or is it separate?

Kind of confused as the wiki doesn't really elaborate all that much.

Thank you in advance

Zayd

The two level 14 dungeons that wiki mentions (Lakeside Cache and Plague Hollow) are first dungeons that are little bit challenging for new players. You can form a party to do them but they are also soloable if you've already got a grasp of game mechanics and your class skills. You can't enter them through dungeon finger, you need to go to through their entrance in Jadestone Village. You should be able to use dragon pillar near their entrance to form a group for them if that haven't changed recently.

You are a lucky guy more or less, as people advanced in this game and instances are now like a walk in the park till Asura ( more or less ) not like the good old days were you had to know the mec, now you can just nuke the bosses to death in a very short amount of time... still remember people getting in trouble at Poharan.

Advice would be to arm yourself with patience because you have a long road ahead.

To get lvl 50 I would say is fast now, HN is a bit harder but not impossible so you just need to grind..  "a bit"

Regarding the small instances I think you will need to ask your friends to help, as I don't think you will find a party that fast now that people advanced over them, but ofc I'm ignoring the amount of new people and the people that are getting new chars, I didn't get to pass in the lower zones as much.

So a good advise is to either make friends to help you out, or skip some quests, because not sure how many people might be looking to do it as well.

But you will be pleased to know that once you hit 50 it will be a lot simpler to find dungeons with the crosserver, just a matter of seconds... so as I said.. patience.

I wouldn't recommend buying the master's bundle since pinnacle accessories are really easy to get and with the money being spent to buy the bundle you could just convert ncoin to gold and get the oathbreaker parts for the hm soul and still have plenty of gold or some ncoin left over if you don't convert all of it. Just some advice from me. Btw there is no need to do any of the dungeons until you hit 50. Just focus on main story quest (yellow) with a few blue side quest in between except the daily ones (repeatable quest)

This might not be what you want to hear but this is the best advice I can give: restart your character on another server.

You are currently on a server that's part of Group 5. If you want to progress in end game content (i.e. Raid), Group 5 has very very limited options. The disbanding of a major Group 5 clan resulted in a lot of players who are proficient at end game content leaving for other servers. So while big clans on other servers offer multiple raids a week, Group 5 clans ally together to form one raid...

If you plan to avoid raids all together, then disregard this post. Group 5 is great for players who like solo content and SSP farming.

54 minutes ago, Pulchritude said:

This might not be what you want to hear but this is the best advice I can give: restart your character on another server.

You are currently on a server that's part of Group 5. If you want to progress in end game content (i.e. Raid), Group 5 has very very limited options. The disbanding of a major Group 5 clan resulted in a lot of players who are proficient at end game content leaving for other servers. So while big clans on other servers offer multiple raids a week, Group 5 clans ally together to form one raid...

If you plan to avoid raids all together, then disregard this post. Group 5 is great for players who like solo content and SSP farming.

Thank you for your advice. I have two major questions that would help me confirm whether or not I will follow it:

1.I know that there are character transfers that can be done. I was reading the support article in regards to that and they say that any item purchased via the HM store is account bound, which is good, as I bought a Rising Sun costume on my current main character.
My character is also now level 16 so I am eligible. However, there seems to be an error (and it seems like support is already aware of this error). So, I guess what I'm asking is, would it be better to transfer my character from group 5 to another group or create a new character? It seems like the best option for me would be to buy a character transfer so I dont lose my current progress and to ensure safekeeping of my rising sun outfit.

2. What server or group would you then recommend me transferring too? This is in regards to if I want accessability to end game content more easily and in regards to the fact that I speak english and french (mostly english), and would like one of the perks to be that I can easily communicate with other players on the server.

Thank you for your time in advance,

Zayd

1. It's cheaper to just create a new character at this point. You can get to level 16 again pretty quickly and the stamps you need to transfer the outfit are significantly cheaper than a server transfer. If you want the same character name however, that's more tricky.

2. This is hard to answer. Objectively, Group 2 (Mushins) and Group 3 (Poharan) are the most populated servers, giving you the most options for clans. Group 4 also has good clans though. IMHO, if you like the game, finding a good clan is what keeps you playing. Don't go to group 6 is the only definitive thing I can say :p

Mushin/Old Man Cho is the most populated server, I'm also on this server and would be glad to help you out if you need it ? It would be better to create a new char if you're able to and make it on the same acct as your other char since you can only transfer outfits between chars on the same acct

Thank you Pulchritude and Nala very much for responding to my two main concerns. I really have three names I like to use Pulchritude, so I wouldnt mind creating my new main character under one of the other three names I like. I also have one character slot on my account free, which is good, since I can guarantee to transfer my outfit from Etrasil (current char.) to my new character (thank you for mentioning that Nala, much appreciated).

So based on both of your responses, my current plan of action would be to:

1. Create a new character with a new name on Group 2 (Mushin Server) since it is cheaper than paying for a transfer and I can name my new main under one of the three names I usually reserve.

2. Save enough until I can get the stamps I need to transfer the outfit from Etrasil to my new main.

Thank you both so much,

Currently working on #1 right now.

P.S: My new main is Ellaheh (KFM) on Mushin. Going through the beginning again but its much faster now heh.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

This is Zayd (the OP). I have a new forum account (have a new email and changing the email was bugged so created a new forum account). Anyways. I just wanted to update all you wonderful people on my progress!

As per Pulchritude's advice, I did end up creating a new character on Mushin and deleted my character (Etrasil) that was on Yehara (as seen by my above post) and made a new character (Ellaheh - KFM). I am currently Lvl. 50 HM 5 (very close to HM 6) which is a huge personal accomplishment to me. Looking forward to hitting HM 10 in the next 3-4 weeks or so.

I also wanted to say that the community thus far has been fantastic (if it isn't obvious already from the amount of help I have received from the people in this thread) and that I've met tons of wonderful people throughout my journey. At the interlude (Jinsoyun's Dreams) - cant wait until NCsoft releases the next part to the storyline. IT for sure has been my favourite part so far in B&S along with the general combat.

Currently, my character is at the point where he has the True Ivorymoon Stage 10 Gauntlet and is getting ready to upgrade to Seraph (Legendary). I have been doing some research on this, but couldn't find a clear answer to my question, which is: When I have selected for example, Seraph Stage 7 as my end point for evolution and my True Ivorymoon Gauntlet Stage 10 as my starting point, is it only for the purposes of showing me the materials needed to get it that far? I.e. does that mean when I collect all the materials needed for that evolution and stage, it will evolve to seraph and then I manually advance it to stage 7 (as has been done so far with everything). This is the logical case for me and I hope I am correct with that.

Another thing is that I have made my own competitive clan (just me) as I don't really like to join other player's clans. I am willing to sacrifice not being in a huge clan for the purposes of playing at my own pace.

That being said, I was wondering if there is someone out there who can give me some tips in this thread on what I should really focus on, now that I am almost HM 6.

With much appreciation,

Ellaheh (Zayd)

2 hours ago, Ellaheh said:

Hi Everyone,

This is Zayd (the OP). I have a new forum account (have a new email and changing the email was bugged so created a new forum account). Anyways. I just wanted to update all you wonderful people on my progress!

As per Pulchritude's advice, I did end up creating a new character on Mushin and deleted my character (Etrasil) that was on Yehara (as seen by my above post) and made a new character (Ellaheh - KFM). I am currently Lvl. 50 HM 5 (very close to HM 6) which is a huge personal accomplishment to me. Looking forward to hitting HM 10 in the next 3-4 weeks or so.

I also wanted to say that the community thus far has been fantastic (if it isn't obvious already from the amount of help I have received from the people in this thread) and that I've met tons of wonderful people throughout my journey. At the interlude (Jinsoyun's Dreams) - cant wait until NCsoft releases the next part to the storyline. IT for sure has been my favourite part so far in B&S along with the general combat.

Currently, my character is at the point where he has the True Ivorymoon Stage 10 Gauntlet and is getting ready to upgrade to Seraph (Legendary). I have been doing some research on this, but couldn't find a clear answer to my question, which is: When I have selected for example, Seraph Stage 7 as my end point for evolution and my True Ivorymoon Gauntlet Stage 10 as my starting point, is it only for the purposes of showing me the materials needed to get it that far? I.e. does that mean when I collect all the materials needed for that evolution and stage, it will evolve to seraph and then I manually advance it to stage 7 (as has been done so far with everything). This is the logical case for me and I hope I am correct with that.

Another thing is that I have made my own competitive clan (just me) as I don't really like to join other player's clans. I am willing to sacrifice not being in a huge clan for the purposes of playing at my own pace.

That being said, I was wondering if there is someone out there who can give me some tips in this thread on what I should really focus on, now that I am almost HM 6.

With much appreciation,

Ellaheh (Zayd)

The first question is a bit confusing, but if I had to give the answer from my understanding it would be that if you have all the materials for the selected end point then you can obtain that stage...and all the upgrading is manual, the game will ask you to confirm from point to point if you wanted to process an upgrade. Also a tip, I recommend you to join a maxed out clan(many out there) There are some benefits that come along with it and they are best for new players and someone who is going to be doing lots of upgrades, will save you a decent amount of gold on upgrades. 

Extra Tips: Make the best out of your crafts (major gold income on BnS)......When you have the time level an alt or two to level 50(best for game events and crafting)....

1 hour ago, NineArt said:

The first question is a bit confusing, but if I had to give the answer from my understanding it would be that if you have all the materials for the selected end point then you can obtain that stage...and all the upgrading is manual, the game will ask you to confirm from point to point if you wanted to process an upgrade. Also a tip, I recommend you to join a maxed out clan(many out there) There are some benefits that come along with it and they are best for new players and someone who is going to be doing lots of upgrades, will save you a decent amount of gold on upgrades. 

Extra Tips: Make the best out of your crafts (major gold income on BnS)......When you have the time level an alt or two to level 50(best for game events and crafting)....

Thanks for answering my question. Yes, that's what I meant, so you understood me correctly. It seems like what I thought was the process is then the correct process (as confirmed by your answer, which is awesome, thank you).

Note: The guides out there are pretty confusing, which is why I had to try and rephrase how I understood it from them to be able to ask it here. So basically it's just the normal process of evolving and advancing the stages, the only difference (which is not really a difference) I guess is that they tell you to have all the materials to advance it to stage 7 as soon as you evolve it. So really it's the same time that's being consumed, whether to collect the materials now and wait and then evolve and advance it step by step in a row to the final stage or evolve now and collect the materials while advancing it step by step until you eventually reach the final stage you want. <--- This was the best I could do at summarizing what I understood from the guides.

With respect to my little bit on clans. I'm a leader so I like to take control and because I have free time now that I graduated, I will be really investing into my clan in Blade & Soul and slowly but surely get it up in the top ranks. I have been working on my crafting and gathering skills and it's nice to see points being awarded to my guild for stuff Im doing anyways :)

I have had a few friends ask me to join their clans and it's still open (no apps or anything) so I MAY end up going that route, even if for a while (and I will let them know that it will be short term so they are given that heads up). They are strong clans still and told me they run dungeons and stuff so who knows. Maybe you're right in the sense that I might need that stepping stone (if for a little bit).

Now, I have one more question, I've seen legendary weapons with stats higher than the Raven legendary weapon for KFM that has "Kung-Fu Master" in its actual name. Is that like the ultimate legendary weapon in game for the KFM? I got confused because I thought that for PvE, the Raven Stage whatever was the ultimate legendary gauntlet for the KFM.

Thank you again for your patience in reading this and responding.

1 hour ago, Ellaheh said:

Thanks for answering my question. Yes, that's what I meant, so you understood me correctly. It seems like what I thought was the process is then the correct process (as confirmed by your answer, which is awesome, thank you).

Note: The guides out there are pretty confusing, which is why I had to try and rephrase how I understood it from them to be able to ask it here. So basically it's just the normal process of evolving and advancing the stages, the only difference (which is not really a difference) I guess is that they tell you to have all the materials to advance it to stage 7 as soon as you evolve it. So really it's the same time that's being consumed, whether to collect the materials now and wait and then evolve and advance it step by step in a row to the final stage or evolve now and collect the materials while advancing it step by step until you eventually reach the final stage you want. <--- This was the best I could do at summarizing what I understood from the guides.

With respect to my little bit on clans. I'm a leader so I like to take control and because I have free time now that I graduated, I will be really investing into my clan in Blade & Soul and slowly but surely get it up in the top ranks. I have been working on my crafting and gathering skills and it's nice to see points being awarded to my guild for stuff Im doing anyways :)

I have had a few friends ask me to join their clans and it's still open (no apps or anything) so I MAY end up going that route, even if for a while (and I will let them know that it will be short term so they are given that heads up). They are strong clans still and told me they run dungeons and stuff so who knows. Maybe you're right in the sense that I might need that stepping stone (if for a little bit).

Now, I have one more question, I've seen legendary weapons with stats higher than the Raven legendary weapon for KFM that has "Kung-Fu Master" in its actual name. Is that like the ultimate legendary weapon in game for the KFM? I got confused because I thought that for PvE, the Raven Stage whatever was the ultimate legendary gauntlet for the KFM.

Thank you again for your patience in reading this and responding.

I can relate, Blade and Soul guides were really confusing to me at first as well...to much information xD and as for the case with clans just keep in mind its faster and easier to upgrade/level your clan once your more geared, but overall its fun to build one up and if you want to get right into that while new to the game thats totally fine too (: and as for your latest question, where did you see these legendary weapons with higher stats(Sry I don't main a KFM) but from my knowledge in the current NA patch there is no weapon with higher stats then Raven pve wise. All top ranked and most geared KFMs are running around with Raven :o If there was anything better that wouldn't been the case.

12 minutes ago, NineArt said:

I can relate, Blade and Soul guides were really confusing to me at first as well...to much information xD and as for the case with clans just keep in mind its faster and easier to upgrade/level your clan once your more geared, but overall its fun to build one up and if you want to get right into that while new to the game thats totally fine too (: and as for your latest question, where did you see these legendary weapons with higher stats(Sry I don't main a KFM) but from my knowledge in the current NA patch there is no weapon with higher stats then Raven pve wise. All top ranked and most geared KFMs are running around with Raven :o If there was anything better that wouldn't been the case.

Yea, the guides are sometimes a hit or miss. Either they have what you're looking for, or you have to put the pieces together and see if you can find the answer to your own question - that's how I see it haha.

Thanks for your support regarding my ambition to build up my clan. I think I'm going to go that route, patience and perseverance is required and I hope I can commit to practicing those values.

With respect to the Kung-Fu Master Legendary weapon that I apparently was referring too...I was mistaken (not surprised here at all). It was in fact a Raven gauntlet but it had a term after it and I must've misread it as Raven "Kung-Fu Master" Gauntlet. Anyways yeah, ignore that bit. I think I'm starting to hallucinate haha. I swear I've seen though some weapons with like the name of the race like "blah blah Lyn" (weapon type).

On 5/17/2017 at 2:53 PM, Pulchritude said:

Out of curiosity, why Seraph?

Also good luck on new clan in Mushins :)

I enjoy the HP regen Seraph provides and I also use Leading Palm in my rotation quite a lot so I decided to go with it. 

I also quite enjoy the look of seraph, it matches with my outfit (Odyssey).

And thank you!

Archived