Forums

What does the new skill system have given and taken for your class?

Alysha Hawkeye

6 hours ago, Kaigame said:

No one mentioned the Aeriel attack that FM's lost, sure it was pants! Sure it did zero damage, but it was still fun to do!

FM didnt lost double air combo. Or do you mean windstorm what was useless since restrain skills were available?

12 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

FM didnt lost double air combo. Or do you mean windstorm what was useless since restrain skills were available?

Neither, the attack you do while you are airborne, as in gliding!

20 minutes ago, Kaigame said:

Neither, the attack you do while you are airborne, as in gliding!

Ah this. Ok, already forgot it. No one needed it and I think everyone is happy that they removed that skill. But they should buff chi bomb seriously. This skill is so useless I have no idea who came up with that shit skill.

7 hours ago, Moonstruck said:

I'm playing with around 100ms, and there's no buff at all dps-wise... I mean, we do 1 more Dragontongue, but the damage from Dragontongue is soo much lower than before... Our dps has been decreased by a lot (well, can't say it wasn't needed though since we saw what BMs were doing in pvp)

that why i mention this at other topic before...if they want the nerf some skills..pls separated  the effect pvp and pve...since i saw most of ppl that complain about it come from those pvp ppl not pve ppl..it would be weird if pve ppl want the skills damage nerfed..

I dont know about any other FM i sort of miss the extra heal from frost fury and unless im doing something wrong with the new setup, ive lost frost and fire fury ability. I didnt see that mentioned from the other two FM's in this thread so maybe im missing something ionno. I just know Frost Fury always seemed to pop up when i needed it most XD

10 hours ago, Yndril said:

Didn't forget anything,

Didn't know of wrath during willpower (least favourite class).

Didn't know they changed typing of BM skills, actually thought five point strike was still lightning.

And what the heck are you talking about?

you didn't know because you didn't read what I wrote earlier, instead you are misleading people again that there aren't many changes, there is tons and I'm only listing what I can remember. 

You don't understand because you choose to not understand. In the near future most would have a very inflexible gear since what buffs air will not buff fire.  Once people start focusing on a single element they will be stuck to that element or work for the other one as well. In other scenarios some people will often encounter gears not of the element they wanna play but end up taking and playing with it since not everyone gets to run BT all the time. There is also a possibility that rng is against you and just wouldn't give you anything else but the element you scorn using.

8 hours ago, newbiez said:

that why i mention this at other topic before...if they want the nerf some skills..pls separated  the effect pvp and pve...since i saw most of ppl that complain about it come from those pvp ppl not pve ppl..it would be weird if pve ppl want the skills damage nerfed..

I played both pve and pvp content up to recent skill tree patch, having galaxy and legendary pve weapon at stage 5. I assure you I'm not happy.

5 hours ago, Lamae said:

you didn't know because you didn't read what I wrote earlier, instead you are misleading people again that there aren't many changes, there is tons and I'm only listing what I can remember. 

You don't understand because you choose to not understand.

I can't "forget" something I didn't know. So I repeat: Didn't forget anything. That was all from memory and my own experiences. You mean to say that you knew everything that I listed about every class? Then why didn't you make your own list of changes? Or you could've been tactful and said "add this and that to the list".

I don't play much BM and Des, So I never really tested both thoroughly. Earth destroyer I know nothing about. And haven't tested lightning BM after patch. Which is why I wrote at the bottom that I don't know what their changes was.

And I repeat, What the heck are you talking about? That has no relevance to the new skill system, that gear was here long before the skill changes and has already catered (end-game) players into one of the two elements. It is no different from before the skill system changed, which means it's off-topic.

KFM :

Bad / they took away our tiger strike which was a very good source of dmg if the ground game was played right.

Good : We now have more 3rf dmg with searing palm applied, our iron shoulder procs a pivot kick on hit. Leg Sweep has a deflect penetration.

Worst : Sin/WL/Sum/BD got extremely buffed

Sin : C stun 0-16m /insert meme "what is a tech chase", X dagger with defense parry penetration (have fun trying to counter it). 

WL : Huge dmg on aerial combos 

Sum :2sec resist status effect after ss and more)

BD : Aerial + LD does 50% hp with flash step (8m dash so most ground counter wont even touch the BD = safe dmg), Kd that has defense parry penetration, still has a huge stall power once all their offensive abilities are on cd.

Best : FeelsGood to play challenging classes and win vs carried ones.

I used to be a SF and I played hybrid build like a lot of people, majorly due to my ping. When this update came it forced u to choose an element and a set of skills. Earth build became a pvp only build and ice a pve build mostly. Since Ice build for KFM stance dps is based on Right Punch and Right Punch is 100% ping dependent I was screwed.

I tried keeping up after I saw the patch notes, bought a Blue Moon Badge, prior to that I had the Primal Force Badge spent 900g on both. I bought offals to make my heal op about 300g spent on that, bought Asura Ember, about 174g on that. I also had a stage 6 HM Energy spent 170g on each oil to craft them. Nowadays is 250 to buy them so about 1500g to make that again. Hmm Stage 6 Baleful... oh and lots of Triumph Tokens (which will be available soon thankfully) Raven Feathers, store outfits and unique outfits.

With all stuffs and a lot of practicing and paying ping reducer, pc support, remapping keys and w/e. Even so the least I'd build a V was 11 seconds while someone with the same stuff would build in 5 to 7 seconds. Basically at burst I could reach almost 110k/s for a few seconds... then in a zap my dmg would lower so much as to 20k/s, ridiculous. On my FM now without hm skills, hm energy, soul badge or even mystic badge i'm able to do 80k/s or more on burst and keep it at 38k/s without buffs with buffs I keep it at 44k/s average. So u see... Depending on the fight the average is higher due to debuffs but i'm basing that dmg on foundry, EC, and other long enough runs to dps check.

Also let me add that i'm an Ice FM and it's really really powerful.

Basically I have to make over 2800g nowadays to get some of the stuff back, ya I felt punished. Support wont help me or anyone supposedly on this matter because "we can farm it all again without their help." This is what it took from me. I'm not mad at them but i'm mad they don't have a policy for cases like this. Basically I received a "screw urself that's ur problem, go farm." (not in those words)

SF ice build is for pve. Not earth. Earth is ok but not as strong as air combos. Basically you tundra + air combo does a lot of dmg. That means you are either doing a lot of dmg to your opponent or he will tab escape post tundra.  Then you can finish him with Focus Chi + frost storm provided you caught him after his tab escape.

12 hours ago, LoliDolly said:

I dont know about any other FM i sort of miss the extra heal from frost fury and unless im doing something wrong with the new setup, ive lost frost and fire fury ability. I didnt see that mentioned from the other two FM's in this thread so maybe im missing something ionno. I just know Frost Fury always seemed to pop up when i needed it most XD

That's cause most fms hated fire fury so much, the only thing that we like more is the fact that auto detonate is gone.

FM

Positives:

easier to get frost and fire orbs, acquired on critical hit. 

Can detonate the airborne heatwave.

Merged wild fire with heatwave, so that FM can air combo in PVE as well.

Merged parry disable with block breaker X.

Blazing reduces CD by 1 second for duel dragons on every hit.

Cold Snap now deals more damage and lasts longer. 

Negative

They removed fire fury and frost fury and gave Dragonblaze and Frostdragon a 12 second CD time. 

Can only cast 1 Cold Snap every 36 seconds instead of 3 every 45 seconds

So basically, no more shield busting for  FMs. When someone pops a 5 sec 5 hit resist, we have to just deal with it now and pray to God we can survive it, unlike other classes that can easily just break through it.

18 hours ago, Lamae said:

You don't understand because you choose to not understand. In the near future most would have a very inflexible gear since what buffs air will not buff fire.  Once people start focusing on a single element they will be stuck to that element or work for the other one as well. In other scenarios some people will often encounter gears not of the element they wanna play but end up taking and playing with it since not everyone gets to run BT all the time. There is also a possibility that rng is against you and just wouldn't give you anything else but the element you scorn using.

I played both pve and pvp content up to recent skill tree patch, having galaxy and legendary pve weapon at stage 5. I assure you I'm not happy.

im pve players and im here not happy too that we pve players need to suffer the skill nerf just because some pvp ppl complaining about skills...

13 hours ago, Lee Ryu said:

BD : Aerial + LD does 50% hp with flash step (8m dash so most ground counter wont even touch the BD = safe dmg), Kd that has defense parry penetration, still has a huge stall power once all their offensive abilities are on cd.

But if you're using ground counter against flash step you're giving them free damage, flash step pierces parry/counter/block.

On 4/24/2017 at 9:42 PM, arkvard said:

warlock:

actually almost no difference, but there are some worth mentioning

- no wingstorm reset on resist with ss

- focus regen sanctum removal

- no hybrid wingstorm build

blade master:

more dps, but losing some threat buffs

+higher DT speed means more DT can be dished out

+daze and grab-escape tab got merged

+new skills that available to use in draw stance

+free hm z (soaring falcon) pull and stun into draw stance, now the hm version gives more bonus to it

+9s cd and daze lightning rod combined into one

-300% threat bonus buff cyclone removal

-spammable blade strike removal means no more ez ToI

blade dancer:

they got some buffs and slight nerf

+stellar buff, which is resettable lightning draw

+able to use parry spin and party resist maelstorm consecutively unlike before

+daze and grab-escape tab got merged

+flash step on rmb for easier positioning against mobile bosses while in draw stance

+knockdown and focus regen soaring falcon merged into one

-non knockup version of take flight removal

-no sundering sword means less focus regen for aoe clear, still can use soaring falcon for focus regen anyway

i guess that's all that i can remember for now.

For blade dancer, you missed a lot of stuff.

- Fissure skill was removed. Now we have to rely on soaring falcon to regenerate focus from 3m or further.

- RMB lighting strike was removed from drawing stance. This is just jump behind an enemy 3 times in total with damage. Now we have to rely on Q and E more to dodge damage while in drawing stance. In PVE, RMB is totally useless in drawing stance. (Flash step is for pvp, 1X stun has long CD, the blocking is only for tanking.)

- Now if you are in lighting build, your lighting sunder is weaker. If you are in wind build, your draw stance is weaker. So, you can't combine both wind/lighting build as before.

Also, for flash step, I don't get what you mean easier to position against mobile bosses. It is the same as before.

So, I would say BD has pvp buff because we can now do maelstorm and parry stun at the same time. However, we lost the bleeding in soaring falcon and it has longer animation than before. In PVE, it is slightly nerf'ed because we have to do more work to keep focus regeneration for continuous attack in draw stance.

On 5/17/2017 at 2:30 AM, Lee Ryu said:

Sin : C stun 0-16m /insert meme "what is a tech chase", X dagger with defense parry penetration (have fun trying to counter it). 

C stun can be charge blocked and lasts 1 second less.

X dagger is a huge nerf, its queue duration is now 1/3rd of its original, so it's extremely predictable to iframe or you could just kick us out of stealth and CC us long enough so that we can't use it. Before we could just run to the other side of the map and wait for you to drop your guard.

On 5/17/2017 at 6:58 AM, Yndril said:

I can't "forget" something I didn't know. So I repeat: Didn't forget anything. That was all from memory and my own experiences. You mean to say that you knew everything that I listed about every class? Then why didn't you make your own list of changes? Or you could've been tactful and said "add this and that to the list".

I don't play much BM and Des, So I never really tested both thoroughly. Earth destroyer I know nothing about. And haven't tested lightning BM after patch. Which is why I wrote at the bottom that I don't know what their changes was.

And I repeat, What the heck are you talking about? That has no relevance to the new skill system, that gear was here long before the skill changes and has already catered (end-game) players into one of the two elements. It is no different from before the skill system changed, which means it's off-topic.

It's alright everyone has "forgotten" everything so I would not count it against you. 

"And I repeat, What the heck are you talking about? That has no relevance to the new skill system, that gear was here long before the skill changes and has already catered (end-game) players into one of the two elements. It is no different from before the skill system changed" <- the very reason this patch happened because some "smarter" people can be creative and being creative is always bad.

Archived