Why ppl hate BMs after update ?

TheWa

Losing 300% threat bonus buff is actually a really huge deal in end game dungeons. Especially if there are people who severely outgear you. So yeah, gotta farm that 8 msp leg. Ss really fast to spam 5 point strike for easier tanking.

1 hour ago, arkvard said:

Losing 300% threat bonus buff is actually a really huge deal in end game dungeons. Especially if there are people who severely outgear you. So yeah, gotta farm that 8 msp leg. Ss really fast to spam 5 point strike for easier tanking.

Idk man, i have HM7 blade master, i dont even have true ivory yet, i'm very very horrible at blade master, and my ping is 200, but i still manage to keep aggro from HM11 players for some reason

There is no hating for BMs, there are people who know their classes and dont even care.

If you dont have 8  msp so far you aint a real BM. Five point strike is leet with this cdr and dmg increase, also they added 50% dmg on 4 recently so you shouldve farmed it at start.

2 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

Idk man, i have HM7 blade master, i dont even have true ivory yet, i'm very very horrible at blade master, and my ping is 200, but i still manage to keep aggro from HM11 players for some reason

the some reason u said...maybe that bm have more worst ping than urs since its always ping>ap/hmlvl/eq etc lol or that bm dont spec threat since i meet some bm that dont spec threat maybe lazy to tank....

4 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

hm11 could also mean they did nothing but easy dailies to gain exp, if you showed us what kind of gear they had, that might matter more, so we can relate the gear to the class that isnt being played optimally

6 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

yeah i saw many hm 11 with true ivorymoon, the one u tank for might be one of them

I dont really understand what you understand by "nerfing". Dmg wise nothing changed, the only thing that changed is the threat generation. It wasnt really needed for so much threat generation skills to begin with. You dont use five point strike for the threat, you dont use cyclone for the threat. Those are iframe skills in the core. So removing threat from them wasnt really much of an issue since they gave you alternatives (lunar slash and rush now have threat).

Hate goes for every classes except pure dps ones dude. You know these days most people cry for soulburn in f8. But, when they already got a soulburn, people grow into another personalty ...

Last night, our pl was announcing '' masts hm 10 + sb fast run ''. He was impatient and went in with 3 people when a warlock joined. Me(destroyer), him(blade dancer) and a warlock ... then he pressed auto-recruit ... all 3 joined were warlocks. The rage he and first warlock spread on all other warlocks were unbearable. They both kept bashing other 3 warlocks for whole run.

It was used to be told that bm is the-most overplayed class, next to fm. Now, i rarely see one, still see fms but bm, almost never.

41 minutes ago, NightFer said:

I dont really understand what you understand by "nerfing". Dmg wise nothing changed, the only thing that changed is the threat generation. It wasnt really needed for so much threat generation skills to begin with. You dont use five point strike for the threat, you dont use cyclone for the threat. Those are iframe skills in the core. So removing threat from them wasnt really much of an issue since they gave you alternatives (lunar slash and rush now have threat).

rush already have threat effect even before this 12 april update so idk what *now* you talking about? O_o

Well after a couple of weeks playing with the new system, I can firmly say we haven't really gotten any game breaking aggro skill nerfs. We are two aggro buffs short but that's all. Fundamentally BM gets a max of 250% aggro bonus. There are enough skills to keep that one up at all times, so I personally see no problem with the new system. They did nerf the damage a bit, but when I disabled the HM AP, it turns out I do a little more damage than I did in the past. I do however have ping hovering around 150ms these days, so it's probably better for less laggy players. So technically we lost nothing. The only real complaint I have at this time, is that they got out of their way to screw everything up and force us to build new muscle memory for the class.

As to why people hate - they hate cause they're robots that heard we got nerf and think the class is garbage now, while in reality as long as a BM with less than raven is forced to tank a raven player, there is no real utility loss.

The damage really depends on your ping. If you have high ping like me the damage actually reduced severely since I can't do that many DT as I should anymore before this I was losing a few dt but more now way more worse. So it's a  severe nert on high ping player really!

Also i guess why it seems many thinks it a nerf not a buff maybe because there are actually many high ping BM around?

Archived