Skill list Disapointment

LunaBlood

There is plenty disappointment in the new skill system that I have found. Some Combos that I used to use are no longer Avaliable. Some skills that you used to be able to use 3 times in a row can only use once now. It's really sad.

My force master I used to be able to chain Frost furry and Fire Furry and use Duel dragons/heal/ect. Now it seems to be more complicated then easier. Also I noticed that Fire furry been lost apparently now. On top of that Cold Snap you can only use once now instead of the three times in a row that it used to have. That's a real disappointment as I used to use it a lot. I'm sure there is also some disappointment with the other classes as well.

If you ask me they should either change it back and leave it alone or change it so that we can use the skills we used to use properly. I was so used to the old skill list that trying to chain stuff is not exactly as easy as they are trying to make it.

Please I hope NCsoft can fix this issue.

In my opinion, it's somewhat good that they removed tiers, so hm8 and hm14 now can have tier 4-5 skills. That's especially valuable for those who like arena (I personally don't - "equalisation" to 47k HP with some classes having high damage is not my type). On the other hand, hm levels are less rewarding now because of that change, but still it's positive thing. 

But other changes are horrible. They forse SF to change stance on SS, which is very bad thing, especially in PvE, where ppl tend to use KFM stance due to higher dps. They also removed possibility to customize V and RMB in elemental stance and forse us to use skills that not everyone likes. I think that all skills should have 2-3 stages as it was before, while tiers can be removed (like now).

Not related to fm or kfm. My Warlock lost there snare when we ss but the animation is still there. Was very useful when trying to put some distance between you and the enemy. Although I will say some of the skills merges were good others were costly to certain other classes. Definitely something that needs looking into .

I just want to share my thoughts. First I waited for this game for 2 years, but did not join when it launch due to P2P. 2nd year I'm too busy to play it. Now I had just started the game for about 1 month and half, was enjoying it at first before the skill patch update. Now after the skill patch, I think all my friends and I are leaving this game. It does not benefit anything to what I see. First is no more flexible for different player and play style (is just dead skill combo gameplay, everyone will end up all the same, playing the same style). 2nd saying making skills to be easier ... for who? even kids (My son 9 years old)  know about the skill points, now they change it his confused. Besides that lets say they change it for younger kids that don't understand skill points... what's the point??? those are not MMORPG players that will pay Ncoin.... so no matter how I look at it, the skill patch is killing the game to be worst (total spoiler ~ whoever make that decision to change... I don't think yourself play MMORPG a lot or maybe don't even know what players are attracted to..). Good luck too your business.

My only wish as a Summoner is that NCSoft considers to make some skills to base on Summoner's AP instead of Cat's AP, since Cat's AP is horribly low.

Clawnado, KaPow! and Bomb Away! is the non-CC version of the cat's CC skills, and all of the do very low damage due to using Cat's AP (below 500AP). Cat's other offensive stats are also very bad (25% critical rate, wut).

10 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

My only wish as a Summoner is that NCSoft considers to make some skills to base on Summoner's AP instead of Cat's AP, since Cat's AP is horribly low.

Clawnado, KaPow! and Bomb Away! is the non-CC version of the cat's CC skills, and all of the do very low damage due to using Cat's AP (below 500AP). Cat's other offensive stats are also very bad (25% critical rate, wut).

Last time I did a 4man with summoner, my cat was only 4% of dps, is it supposed to be more? O.o

1 hour ago, Nekonata said:

Last time I did a 4man with summoner, my cat was only 4% of dps, is it supposed to be more? O.o

Clawnado and Bomb Away! has very long cooldown. KaPow! needs target to be grabbed/gripped to do.

With these shortcomings, they should at least deal reasonable damage. However, since these skills use cat's offensive stat (low AP, low critical rate, low critical damage), they are very weak.

19 hours ago, Kichi said:

No heal no F's.

Our 2 heals more than enough in both builds.

Cold snap only once and cd 30s... Idk what should i do in those 30s in frost mode?..

Start using badges... Your cold snap downtime is always <10s if you can do your rotation (enemy doesnt jump away).

I miss my SF can do mix element combo skills. My Bm was able to block deflect 1 skill which is good against summ on ToI.

The list before update was clearer.

For me it's the worst update. At tv BnS they showed the good stuffs only. 

Now I have to carry the whole members clan to do DT NF must do Daily Challenge because the other options are PvP.

Most fatal mistake is the right click check profile on F8.

Well hoping for better one and less bugs at next patch/update, and well prepared.

5 hours ago, Zedonia said:
5 hours ago, Zedonia said:

Our 2 heals more than enough in both builds.

Start using badges... Your cold snap downtime is always <10s if you can do your rotation (enemy doesnt jump away).

havent seen those kind of badges. Only -7-8s and only IF success some other shit. And im not a whale and nolifer. I dont think i will have any badge in near future. 3 fight in arena and it make me sick. 

On 4/20/2017 at 6:41 AM, LunaBlood said:

My force master I used to be able to chain Frost furry and Fire Furry and use Duel dragons/heal/ect.

you actually did that? jesus christ your DPS must have sucked big time, probably even a destroyer could outdps you at that time lol

On 4/20/2017 at 6:41 AM, LunaBlood said:

Also I noticed that Fire furry been lost apparently now.

good. it was an obstacle preventing us from using dragonblaze without losing damage with an inferior skill like fire fury. good thing they removed it.

you can still do your old rotation btw. but instead of using F you use lb+rb+2 (2 has increased in damage by 40% btw, and it was already much stronger than fire and frost fury) and dual dragon will be available on it's own, oh and btw, if you get the HM skill for 2 you can decrease the CD of dual dragon by 1 second each time you cast 2 so you can basically cast dual dragons twice as much as you previously used to

On 4/20/2017 at 2:46 PM, Kichi said:

Yeah.. im really dissapointed about my fm too. No heal no F's. Cold snap only once and cd 30s... Idk what should i do in those 30s in frost mode?..

blazing beam/glacial beam heals more than frost fury, you also get free gems that can heal you so healing isn't a problem at all. 
as for cold snap's CD. get the mystic badge for dual dragons, it reduces the CD of cold snap by 8 seconds. and your dragonfrost reduces it's cooldown by 3 seconds, so that's already 11 seconds removed from the cool down. which leaves cold snap with 15 seconds downtime (later down the line it'll be about 8 seconds cooldown when we combine badges, and 1 second when we get HM snowball) what you do in that cooldown is rb+lb+2/snowball when off cooldown, and maybe inferno+meteor shower until coldsnap is back

On 21.4.2017 at 1:58 PM, Kichi said:

And im not a whale and nolifer. I dont think i will have any badge in near future. 3 fight in arena and it make me sick. 

These nolife arguments, holy shit. You need the blue badge from ToI. Do here and there a run (once on saturday/sunday for DC should almost be enough) to improve your rank to get at least 2 tokens/week. Then the season reward will give you maybe 10. The 2nd mini season ends soon so you would have over 40 alone from the rewards. At the end of the last mini season you should definitely have it. Or just do some runs sometimes to get it earlier. The mystic badge is even easier to get. Just do peach quests for some hours and use 50 msp flowers. Thats really easy. No whale and 24/7 needed for anything. Have fun.

OP is the reason they removed things like auto det.

I legit have not even used frost fury heal since they added heal to beam/char. Never had the need to since, and never needed it for dual dragons since the rmb crits would get me that, now I only need to crit lmb and rmb once each for dual dragons.

Everything they changed about FM made the better, everything without exception, particular the ice build, since it was shit tier dps before and now it's on par with burn build if you have low ping.

19 hours ago, Tsunakai said:

legit have not even used frost fury heal since they added heal to beam/char. Never had the need to since, and never needed it for dual dragons since the rmb crits would get me that, now I only need to crit lmb and rmb once each for dual dragons.

Everything they changed about FM made the better, everything without exception, particular the ice build, since it was shit tier dps before and now it's on par with burn build if you have low ping.

now i have to ask: what build? Do we have builds now? We have ice and fire. And only 2-3 skills we can choose...

On 4/21/2017 at 7:37 AM, sephy Kun said:

you actually did that? jesus christ your DPS must have sucked big time, probably even a destroyer could outdps you at that time lol

good. it was an obstacle preventing us from using dragonblaze without losing damage with an inferior skill like fire fury. good thing they removed it.

you can still do your old rotation btw. but instead of using F you use lb+rb+2 (2 has increased in damage by 40% btw, and it was already much stronger than fire and frost fury) and dual dragon will be available on it's own, oh and btw, if you get the HM skill for 2 you can decrease the CD of dual dragon by 1 second each time you cast 2 so you can basically cast dual dragons twice as much as you previously used to

blazing beam/glacial beam heals more than frost fury, you also get free gems that can heal you so healing isn't a problem at all. 
as for cold snap's CD. get the mystic badge for dual dragons, it reduces the CD of cold snap by 8 seconds. and your dragonfrost reduces it's cooldown by 3 seconds, so that's already 11 seconds removed from the cool down. which leaves cold snap with 15 seconds downtime (later down the line it'll be about 8 seconds cooldown when we combine badges, and 1 second when we get HM snowball) what you do in that cooldown is rb+lb+2/snowball when off cooldown, and maybe inferno+meteor shower until coldsnap is back

This is the actual real problem lots of skill customization is lost and most of the "fix" are gear base. No other way around it, no amount of thinking and strategy can get you around the gear wall. What happened is that everybody got weaker so that they'd go and "fix" it with gears and gears require "this or that" The "this or that" you usually can get with long farming or pay to win.->( which is what they are hoping for). On my opinion gears are most fun when your free to wield it the way you want it rather than a fix to a problem.

Let them(devs) know that you are the customers they are the devs, their work revolves around making us "happy" to give our money; not restricting our choices or hindering our progress or making plans on how we should progress or controlling what we want to do in the game.

now i have to ask: what build? Do we have builds now? We have ice and fire. And only 2-3 skills we can choose...

Nothing in the ice skills needed to be used in fire build before, with the except of focus regen  cold snap, which is fixed with the new dragonchar, and everything you needed to use before in ice build which was fire, can still be used. in fire and ice primary rotation is RMB 2 LMB, using damage skills in bottom row like meteor/inferno when available, and using cold snap and holding 2 in it's duration for ice build. No more fire fury every 2nd dragonblaze to get my orbs, no more clutter.

And the second wind daze is only a problem vs sin, since if they tab after your tab you are blinded, but then they'd also have no tab.

On 4/21/2017 at 8:37 AM, sephy Kun said:

You know I don't like your attitude about that. What I did with my skills are not the real issue. The point is it's now confusing because most people was used to the old skills. If you want to brag go somewhere else. As for you destroy Gon go stuff it. I am not interested in hearing you being a jack ass because you want the skills to be lame now. And my dps did not suck by the way. I just had a different style of game play, besides I don't play pvp anyways unless I have to.

Archived