Gameguard is trash

Pkmdz

Ok....having played for about 7 months now I can say GameGuard definitely is not doing anything worth while for all the hassle it brings to people's computers. 

1.  Arena Pvp bots are still alive and kicking/bots that try to trick new players into carrying them through field missions
  2. Gold selling bots and site advertisers never go away
  3. Makes game performance worse

Gameguard is solving nothing. It doesn't matter if NC eventually gets rid of a small wave of bots every now and then when they will just come right back.

Actually...I want someone to give me an s good argument to support gameguard being so *cricket*. Sometimes I've ran the launcher and even had Gameguard crash itself for some reason and the game boot up without it ever starting. 

1 hour ago, Dominator said:

GameGuard is now Off, you play without GameGuard now

I'm not sure what magical launcher you are talking about but feel free to share it with me because that sounds great! 

I've been using the 64 bit client since it came out and haven't seen gameguard run since like, that first week or two when everyone complained and they shut it off.

Had some suspicions that it might still be running in some way, like it was just hiding itself and not the game client, but most likely it isn't, the gameguard service always stays at "stopped" in task manager. My computer fans used to always whine kinda loudly whenever I played BNS while gameguard was active, but ever since they shut it off I haven't had that loud whining from my computer fans either. The games performance increased a lot for me ever since they disabled gameguard.

Been loving playing now that I no longer see the shitty gameguard logo pop up whenever I start the game, like I can finally play without the gameplay experience being tainted right from the get go.

I see GameGuard start up whenever I open the launcher. The blue shield nprotect thing will appear on the bottom of my screen for a while or the GG updater shows itself on the top left corner briefly. The files for Gameguard are updated often as I can clearly see the dates they were modified on. 

After the 12th of April my gameplay was a lot smoother on 64bit so I assumed they got rid of it too or something. The 64bit introduction at first was actually worse for me than the old 32bit for a while. Then around the time they introduced a small fix this week my game and computer started acting exactly like it when Gameguard was causing havoc. Fps dropped from what used to be 70 to 20-30s yet it looks like I am playing on 7 frames and when my characters move everything in sight kind of stutters. Bot whispers for maintenance compensation and party carries came up more frequently, but that is possibly some coincidence, And doing 6player dungeons like Candy Cloud became near impossible to complete without being carried because the ingame lag is so bad.

I know what it looks like to play Bns with no gameguard and it is a much better experience than what I have logged into this week. Being forced to not play the game at all because I can't be an Assassin with 7fps and slow loading mid fights. 

I am not getting this kind of ridiculous low fps and crazy stuttering from any other modern MMORPG that I am currently playing. None of these other games have Gameguard and always run at 60fps or higher with higher end detail graphics and physics than bns. For some reason it just always has to be Bns giving me these problems.....   

10 minutes ago, Cheung said:

I can confirm for some reason GameGuard still pop up for some people...

For me it doesn't launch anymore, but for my cousin everytime him opens the game GG launch within it.

yeah it seems like for some people it reactivated and continues to wreak havoc.

Does anyone know if it's only happening to people that use the 32 bit client or is there people using the 64 bit whos game also opens with gameguard?

Either way, i'm pretty sure it's intended for it to be disabled right now, so for those people who it's still opening for, I think NCWest needs to get to the bottom of it and fix it.

Like, it's worrying enough having gameguard opening and running when it's supposed to be... but if it's running when it's not even supposed to be, then i'd be really worried about it causing some sort of damage to my system.

Archived