People have no shame

Kellin

The reason some raven users might not fight trash mobs is because of the soul proc, especially if they have True Soul. Having the proc wasted on trash mobs, especially if the mob is right before the boss room, means you lose significant burst damage when you start the boss fight. Depending on the class and gear, this could be anywhere from 500k to 2 million total damage. Quicker boss fights are better for everyone in the party.

Some raven users save their soul proc by taking off their souls during trash fights, but a lot of pug people jump straight from trash to boss and you can't re equip the soul while stuck in combat. Keeping the soul on for every trash fight means they may need the team to wait at the boss until their soul is up. Again, in a pug situation, it's difficult to get people to wait. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Pulchritude said:

The reason some raven users might not fight trash mobs is because of the soul proc, especially if they have True Soul. Having the proc wasted on trash mobs, especially if the mob is right before the boss room, means you lose significant burst damage when you start the boss fight. Depending on the class and gear, this could be anywhere from 500k to 2 million total damage. Quicker boss fights are better for everyone in the party.

Some raven users save their soul proc by taking off their souls during trash fights, but a lot of pug people jump straight from trash to boss and you can't re equip the soul while stuck in combat. Keeping the soul on for every trash fight means they may need the team to wait at the boss until their soul is up. Again, in a pug situation, it's difficult to get people to wait. 

It is an interesting excuses. The soul reset is 1 minute. Unless people want to show off their DPS on the dps meter, I don't see there would be any differences when the goal is just to take the boss down. Probably their dignity would be hurt if their dps is closer to a non-raven player. LOL...

If everyone wants to save their soul proc, then no one will be killing trash mobs. Everyone will just stand at the entrance and shouting at each other to move forward. Having raven gears doesn't make you being a King in the PUG party.

The only excuses I would think of is that they either alt-tab or afk to do some other stuff while letting other players clearing the trash mobs or they are saving the durability of the weapon, which is very lame.

In fact, majority of the raven users would help on trash mobs as well because they tend to rush through the dungeons (aka. skip all mechanics on bosses as well). The only ones who don't help on trash mobs are usually the same people. 

4 hours ago, Bl4de said:

Nothing to counter, I don't know where you finding those but i don't see them. And trust me I have been probably pugging F8 10x more than you ;)

One stealth fail does not tell anything, could be simple lag or game freeze for some seconds. Good geared WL was probably expecting newbies around to be smart enough to let him get mark so he can dps, his fault not being careful and trusting in newbies ;)

then u must be super lucky then if u dont see those ppl lol...maybe u the older player that play this game since beta then if u said 10x more than me....

one stealth? nah if one stealth i dont really care but that sum failed all the time during that run and by seeing how fast that sum spam i dont think its lag or game freeze...and some others high hm lvl sum dont even know how to stealth during that phase and said *im never stealth in this phase* even tho when i check the char profile have 5 ec ss and 3 dt ss...

and lol what? if that wl good enough he know when everyone need to stack together infront of boss even u get marked or not and not just keep on dps alone while others pt members including the newbie already stacked at middle...see i know it *blame the newbies* will come out xD... while the newbie know exactly what to do and the high hm had no idea what to do during that phase...u sound exactly like one of those high hm that i seeing blame the low hm lvl while the high hm lvl is the one that make mistaken and refuse to admit it...xD

15 hours ago, newbiez said:

then u must be super lucky then if u dont see those ppl lol...maybe u the older player that play this game since beta then if u said 10x more than me....

one stealth? nah if one stealth i dont really care but that sum failed all the time during that run and by seeing how fast that sum spam i dont think its lag or game freeze...and some others high hm lvl sum dont even know how to stealth during that phase and said *im never stealth in this phase* even tho when i check the char profile have 5 ec ss and 3 dt ss...

and lol what? if that wl good enough he know when everyone need to stack together infront of boss even u get marked or not and not just keep on dps alone while others pt members including the newbie already stacked at middle...see i know it *blame the newbies* will come out xD... while the newbie know exactly what to do and the high hm had no idea what to do during that phase...u sound exactly like one of those high hm that i seeing blame the low hm lvl while the high hm lvl is the one that make mistaken and refuse to admit it...xD

Lucky? Luck can happen few times, I'm talking form my everyday experience, can't be that lucky. We can meet and link achievements with number of runs if you insist ;)

We are here generalizing and every generalization must have exceptions. But if we already generalize things, its total nonsense telling that high geared people don't know mechanics while newbies knows it. When i say high geared I'm supposing close to maxed gear (3dt + 3ec ss is NOT good gear ;)). All those high geared people had to spam some specific dungeon to get legendary accessory from it, you can't buy those with money you know, so telling that some HM 12/13 player with close to maxed gear have no idea about mechanic is just nonsense (one can be lucky and get it in first few runs, but its highly unlikely and won't happen for all dungeons for sure for same person).

Anyways, if newbies are so good and good geared players sux big time, why you newbies just don't group together and enjoy smooth runs? Why all this crying how high geared people don't want to take you in parties? Newbies nowdays are already over-geared for dungeons we are talking about. You will never reach 9th lightning share in DT, or have to drive all 4 phases in NF for example, like old players had to do in their time. So its easy life for you, just do your stuff, stop crying and leave high-geared people alone ;)

Archived