Forums

Shadow Dragon Helix Rotation?

ChiisaiRyuu

Hello i tried out warlock when it was first released and i got it too around level 30, i recently came back to it and tried it out but the new patch has changed the whole build and before i knew sort of the rotation for the dragon call but now i wanna learn the dragon helix rotation as it looks cool, also with the air combo put into the mix aswell, could anyone give me a brief description and what keys to press to constantly pull out dragon helix's as im stuck and i mess up the combo.

Thanks ^v^

Hello, I use shadow build as well. To me it is more enjoyable than the ice build, because you are faster, quicker, more mobile and unpredictable. Depends on a situation I mostly start with "X" (daze) -> "F" (leech) -> "2" (shackle) -> "4" (helix) -> "v"(wingstorm) -> "LMB" (to get mantra") -> and than combo with these "4, RMB, F". If you've got HM skill this is much better and easier. HM helix is very important as well as dimensional volley. You can get HM soul shackle as well in "air" version to make it double use (good for pvp). When you use this  one, you must be quick to click it while the target is stuned or dazed, otherwise it won't be airborned. If this is a raid or you see a bunch of monsters in front of you, start with "V" and keep leech for another time cause it has long cooldown. 

• 2 weeks later...

This guy above here, just no!

You gotta split PvP and PvE.

PvP is intuitive and you gotta use your head. There are no rules here so try and fail is your teacher. Aircombo can be specced on your 2 and thrall however you want.

PvE, you wanna start with V. Every hit charges a 4 so use 4 when its up. Your RMB will need a charge as well which takes 1 second after first cast. In between this use your F and your 4, then RMB for a salvo hit. A new Helix will be charged for each Salvo hit with the helix badge (get that asap). When leech is up and you have the helix badge, you instacast V, then spam 4 and RMB. 4 is insta-cast which means you'll get the ones from V in between as well depending on your lag. Keep in mind your 3 will charge 4 and instacast V on 3 successful hits so if you find yourselv stuck, use it. Also make sure you put in your mantras (6 sec cd on HM skill) cause this will be whats keeping your focus up.

Shadow is a lot harder, a lot more mobile and when done right has quite a bit higher dps. Not a lot of people are able to do this though, which is why most just tell you to use ice. Ice is a "stand in one spot and spam" so quite obvious this is easier to dps with. Still, its weaker than shadow once you get your gear up and running. For both builds you want
Seraph weapon, cause leech is just that amazing :P

Archived