Frame drops

asmariya

Hi everyone, I just returned to the game a few days ago after about a year of inactivity, and I noticed that there still seems to be massive frame drops with my system despite having pretty decent specs. I read in the past that it was a problem with AMD graphics cards specifically and Blade and Soul. Is there any fix to this yet or any way to fix the drops? I run at about 45-60 FPS, and can drop to as low as 11 frames in areas like Jadestone Village, or just killing area bosses when people are around. 

These are my comp details 

Intel Core i-7 4790k 

8 gigs ram 

AMD R9 390 gpu 

And I forgot the SSD but it is a good one, and my load times are very fast. 

Its not the gpu, the game itself is developed from the ground up with crappy oversight. Hand off the graphics controls to the game. In other words make a profile for the bns client and put in these settings:

FaCc0NH.png

ofc u can do what u want with the FRTC settings but everything else should be set to this for the bns client(this game) in particular.

I have crappier specs than u and get the same fps but the dips arent as low as 11fps lol. Its not all about getting overkill hardware and throwing stuff at it expecting top performance, thats what novices love and its easy to think that way, this aint apple. Some people have to fine tune their hardware until something sticks.

When I changed my gpu from a low end one to a mid ranged one I too had stutters, the same problems u had and couldn't understand wth was happening, until I took graphics control away from the gpu and let the game handle its own graphical settings. Try it and tell me what happens, if u didn't already do it that is.

On 4/18/2017 at 10:40 AM, asmariya said:

I have same cpu as yours with  2 Gtx 970. It's not your computer, I've experienced fps stuck at 30 many times. This game is not good at multi cores cpu. You just have restart your pc and relog the game till the 3rd core and 4 cored kick in. Sometime, it took me  4 5 times relog to accutally get my fps right. My average fps is about 90 ish and dungeon at 60 ish, when that thing happens, fps wont go over 40, and when fight in Dung i get around 10- 15 fps. I do not know how to fix this, just restart and relog till you get it.

Archived