Returning Hero Pack giving free LEGENDARY WEAPON

Leggo

14 hours ago, asmariya said:

I logged into my account and got the Returning Hero package, but I won't be able to open it until I get home later today. But thanks! :D 

Hey! Congratz! Whats your lvl in game and for how long u didnt play? Trying to figure out what the exact triggers are for the pack.  See you in game <3

but the weapon that you get you need to upgrade it until a certain date, i got the temporary one but my weapon was only True Pirate and after salvaging it i got awakend ivorymoon :( now i need to upgrade it all the way to true ivorymoon and get a lot of materials just to be able to hold on to the legendary weapon, iw as thinking of coming back but since you can't buy the materials needed i dont think i can gte so many materials in such a short amount of time :( time to elave again i guess

all my accounts been inactive for almost 6 months, nvr log back in. but today after reading this i went to check my accounts and only 1 account have returning hero pack..others 2 none. ( any reason why? becuz the account i want play have not and the one i dont wanna play got it) why why

you realize that now? just look at the legendary cost reductions and feel the pain for veterans that cant compete in bt ;)

1 hour ago, Divine Dragon Soul said:

Really? Is it troll topic? I am playing this game since 1+ year.. I didnt take any gift..

2 hours ago, csisy said:

So if you play the game actively you get shit, if you quit the game and check back you get everything. NC please?

???????????

Did I waste the last few months of my life grinding just for people to be given the stuff that I grinded for for free? Is this real? I just want to confirm before I stop playing this game for good.......

Edit: Okay so I asked people in-game who also got it, and they said you use a True Ivorymoon Weapon Level 10 and the Conviction weapon that you get from the returning hero chest together and you can get a baleful level 2 weapon, so essentially it's just skipping stage 1 and changing the components required for stage 2, that's not quite the same as straight up 'free legendary weapon', though I'm still not sure how I feel about it

Wow. I don't understand this at all. Why would they keep doing massive price drops at such a rapid rate and offer free legendary wep to players who quit?

I understand the need to try to get players to come back and make endgame content more accessible, but some of these changes/giveaways come far too fast and undermine one of the core mmorpg principles (if not all mmos, certainly Korean mmos): Grinding should be rewarding.

Farming for materials, grinding, and then doing upgrades should feel rewarding, but a great deal of the time it just doesn't with BnS. You know that in a week or two there will be another change or another returning player incentive, and all the time you spent playing and materials you invested to upgrade practically get given away to players who haven't played the whole time you were playing.

Well see it like that.
Whenever u make a break for a year u will be at end content soon again because of stuff like this and all the reduced stuff for upgrading that happened by that time.

Just bad for ppl who play all the time. So the real playerbase.

19 hours ago, Laxuszz said:

but the weapon that you get you need to upgrade it until a certain date, i got the temporary one but my weapon was only True Pirate and after salvaging it i got awakend ivorymoon :( now i need to upgrade it all the way to true ivorymoon and get a lot of materials just to be able to hold on to the legendary weapon, iw as thinking of coming back but since you can't buy the materials needed i dont think i can gte so many materials in such a short amount of time :( time to elave again i guess

You need to upgrade it only once. Mine is now baleful stage 3 and it no longer says any time limit. So i think the timer is ONLY for the first upgrade. I honestly didnt even notice a timer so i dont know, but i know for sure now its no longer there.

http://imgur.com/a/ObtnT

Seems to be given out at random rather than to all returning players.

I had to stop playing last year (more than 6 months ago) due to real life issues and when I returned earlier this month, I didn't get anything. I'm stuck exactly where I was.

Much like Leggo, I played during beta, had a founder pack, had premium the whole time I played B&S, signed up for the newsletter and purchased premium again upon returning to the game. No pack for me though. :)

ok ..confirm from ncsoft it wasn't for all inactive account...it was for computer random choose...

so some of you will got it and some will not...if you want to return and ur account have no gift ( deal with it) .

15 hours ago, iClean said:

ok ..confirm from ncsoft it wasn't for all inactive account...it was for computer random choose...

so some of you will got it and some will not...if you want to return and ur account have no gift ( deal with it) .

WOW seriously? Do you mind showing your source pretty please? Maybe a screenshot of the conversation with support? (make sure u censor names else i think admin will remove it)

Hi,

I noticed this pack 6 hours ago, playing in EU server, was about to go to sleep and I noticed the code on my NC account. I did a 1 year break (stopped few weeks after Warlock release, Silverfrost wasn't there yet).

I got 40 golds, some useful items (unsealing x100 or something, some keys, 4-5 flowers i think, etc.) and the legendary weapon, which is equivalent to a baleful weapon lvl1 (for FM at least). So I went from True Ivory Bangle to Baleful Weapon Stage 2 for the cost of True Ivory Bangle -> Baleful Weapon Stage 1. We skipped 1 step (and didn't have to buy Dark Stone).

That's very nice, not AWESOME though, not worth the 1 year break in golds so don't complain guys ~ with everything else we've got, the pack is worth about 100-150 golds I guess. I'm really happy about it but it's not game breaking, relax veteran players.

I only got the pack on my main account (FM 45 True Pirate Weapon), my other acc with a lvl17 summoner didn't get anything.

I got an email saying the pack was about to expire, which was a surprise until I found the first email lurking in a spam folder.

It implied that there should be a coupon to apply to my account and yet neither of the emails gives it which made me think it was actually more of a scam attempt to get a login password.

Given that the patcher is only going at around 100bytes per second I doubt I'll get the 11 or so gigs done by the maintenance.

In my case I noted this return hero pack after I finished act 7 on my main BD, so I gave the pack (and weapon) to my warlock to finish story faster, since she was on chapter 4 as well. The pack didn't give me all of the ingredients to make Baleful. I'm currently missing 5 of 10 flowers of lament required for the evolution. I also need to get my other weapon into true ivorymoon to make it able, as well. So in my case, unless i have missed something, I will need to do some mild grinding to get the actual permanent thing.

On 2017-4-20 at 4:33 AM, Sylmarien said:

Well see it like that.
Whenever u make a break for a year u will be at end content soon again because of stuff like this and all the reduced stuff for upgrading that happened by that time.

Just bad for ppl who play all the time. So the real playerbase.

So in your head, when people which are coming back gain anything that you already have even better gears, it is bad for you? Like you are losing anything? Tell me more about that.

Every single MMO I've played would periodically run promotions giving "free" items/upgrade stuff/ and other incentives for inactive accounts to return to play.

And every time it happens, dedicated players cry about the returning ppl getting rewarded with "free stuff".

And every time, it's obvious that the collection of everything in the returning reward package is only a mere fraction of the items and money earned in game by the dedicated players during the time the returning player wasn't playing.

These packages don't allow returning players to fully catch-up to dedicated players, let alone surpass them. It gives them a step up, it's an incentive entry point to help returning players feel as if they could catch up, for real, if they decide to stick around and work for it. It lessens the gap which, if too large, will keep inactive players away. 

That's all this package is. For those of up who have been playing, you have both earned and been given many times more what the returning players are being given. Returning players have not only not been grinding mats, they haven't been getting dash rewards and gave missed a bunch of special events. If you think this gift makes it more worthwhile to not play at all, and just returning to claim "free stuff", by all means, try it out.  

@kytt Don't you think that it's silly that it's random, though? And silly that only players who have stayed away completely get it? Not players who have given their life and personal savings to this game for whatever reason, and not those who played casually and wouldn't be at Legendary either, but only a random group of those who walked away completely for a time. Yeah, it's pretty backwards when games do this. At least some games reward the loyal players who group with returning players.

Archived