Sign in to follow this  
KroZzs

What are soul fighter like in PVP

KroZzs   

Hi guys,

So i use to play ages ago but just started playing again and im really enjoying the soul fighter. I've seen people complain about soul fighters in PVP saying they are weak, but i remember everyone use to complain about class's being weak or overpowered, mainly as just as an excuse for getting railed lol. But i just want some info on what they are like in PVP (an unbiased opinion)? I have no HM Skills either :) Also which is better for PVP Earth or Frost build?

Thanks!

Kaguya   

Well since no one has replied I think I will give you my opinion. 

Granted I just recently started playing a SF (lvl 50 now) so take this information with a grain of salt.  I can only give you my feedback from a low level pve and arena pvp perspective. 

PVE wise, I do not think you will have a problem playing as a SF they have a lot of iframes and pretty good damage.  Having the ability to switch from close and long range combat is great, especially for those mobs that like to run away from you or when you need to keep out of harms way of a boss and still put  in some damage.  

I spend most of my time in Arena PvP and I can say with recent patch SF is lacking a little in that department.  It requires a little more skill and strategy.  Granted I did get to gold at lvl 36 but it was a rough road to get there.  A lot of the utilities that I was accustomed to using weren't there.  I personally feel that SF is in a rough spot at the moment PvP wise.  Yes you can still get pretty far in the rankings but when I think of the difficultly level of doing so with my other characters (kfm, wl, bm and fm) it was actually a lot harder.  However, this could be my lack of experience with the class since I have been playing the other classes for a lot longer. 

Personally I don't think now is a good time to main a SF for pvp or pve because there are classes that can do this better at the moment.  If you like the close range part of SF go KFM and if you enjoy the long range portion go FM or WL. 

This is all opinion though.  I play SF because I enjoy the play style regardless of the difficult position its in right now for PvP.  PVE they are great especially with the damage boost.

EDIT:  Oh and as far as going earth or frost, I started out playing a earth hybrid so I'm better at PvP with the earth build.  I usually win a lot more with earth but I think frost might be a better option for PvP? anyone else want to give their opinion about it?

Edited by Kaguya

KroZzs   

Thanks for your reply :D I'm pretty bad at pvp and well.. blade and soul in general, i'm currently playing with the frost build as i struggle playing with the earth build :( But ill try it out and see how it goes. Thanks for your insight i was pretty curious about the class's position in this patch, hopefully it will improve later on as i quite enjoy playing the soul fighter, having close and long range stances makes it more fun for me.

Thanks1 :)