New summoner- Help please?

kirito0472

Hi,

I have just boosted a summoner to level 50. I have been main Force Master for a long time. After taking a break for a year, I have come back to play the game and I love it a lot. The changes are finally for the better...on the most part.

I am hoping someone could help me out with the basics to playing a summoner.

1) What and how are the I-Frames use? that are not SS.  With FM you have so many.  Do you just use 4 and SS only? If not how can I achieve blocking abilities.

2) What is a good DPS rotation. I am playing from Australia so I suffer from 240 ping natively.

3) How does the group heal with  "Z" I used it a few times, however it seems very week?

Thank you so much for your time I appreciate it :)

I main a Summoner, but I'm not so good at explaning things. Hopefully this will help. I hope I wont miss anything lol.

1. 4 is your counter. It can be used on yellow attacks. If you want to use it on red attacks (unblockable attakcs) you have to press 4 then F (Enhanced Seed Shroud).

However this is also a party Iframe, so dont just waste it. (If possible)

Your E (Beckon) can also be used as an Iframe, just need to learn the timing. Notice that the Iframeable version has a 30 seconds cd.

You have X (True Friend, the "Resist" square.) Not much to say, very simple.

2. Not sure which build is better for high ping. Maybe wind, because for earth, you should be having the Magnum badge, and it hard to stack it when you have high ping.

Sorry, not too sure about this one.

3. People are saying Summoners and sf are "healers", but that's not true. You can use it to give your party some nice healing over time, but if someone is keep taking dmg, that wont save them. Unlike a Priest/Mystic in TERA.

Make sure you're on the right square (HP recovery)

10 hours ago, kirito0472 said:

1) What and how are the I-Frames use? that are not SS.  With FM you have so many.  Do you just use 4 and SS only? If not how can I achieve blocking abilities.

2) What is a good DPS rotation. I am playing from Australia so I suffer from 240 ping natively.

3) How does the group heal with  "Z" I used it a few times, however it seems very week?

1) x = 5 seconds or 5 attack iframe, E = round about 1 sec iframe starting on use, SS = normal iframe, 4f = 1 sec group iframe, 4 = 2 sec normal counter

2) Earth build for sure, try on a dummy if you can stack bleed constantly over 3, if you can achieve that take magnum badge, if not take holy fire.

basic rotation, 1-> nettle ->2 -> (try getting atleast 2 stacks overflow) -> 3 -> (after overlow) -> doom -> continue

lmb + rmb simultaneously to anicancel and get focus 

use 2 everytime when ivypoison is active

3) z heals us only for 10% and have only a 10% initial heal, the 60% after that is over 24 sec.

3 hours ago, iritsuchan said:

2. Not sure which build is better for high ping. Maybe wind, because for earth, you should be having the Magnum badge, and it hard to stack it when you have high ping.

Sorry, not too sure about this one.

never take wind with high ping cause you realy have to get many rmbs and max rmbs with your 3, if someone with high ping cant stack magnum badge he should train the rotation or with to high ping use holy fire.

Archived